FIFA 14 Allegedly Included in European Xbox One Bundle

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check IGN around 1am Pacific for any official announcements.

FIFA 14 -- which Microsoft revealed would have timed-exclusive features on its next-gen console -- may come bundled with Xbox One in Europe. Sources speaking with MCV said the announcement would come out of Microsoft's Gamescom event tomorrow, alongside a suggested £429.99 price tag (the same price as the console itself).

This would be an extraordinary score for Microsoft. FIFA 13 sold nearly 15 million copies, and bundling the next-gen follow-up would make an Xbox One an alluring purchase at launch, indeed. No word on whether this is a partnership that would make its way out of Europe.

EA and Microsoft have not responded to IGN's inquiry about the alleged bundle. IGN will be on-site at Microsoft's event reporting on announcements and getting hands-on with next-gen games. Don't miss our Gamescom 2013 coverage.

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Damn, Europe won if it's true. I could see it happening though, since FIFA sells better on PS that 360, this would even out the numbers if not reverse them. I thought the free game wouldve been some 360 remake or a Kinect game from MS. but this is even better honestly. Not exactly a GREAT deal comparing the 2 systems, since a PS4 with Fifa would still come out less than a One with Fifa, but cool that the option is there for those who want it.

What will US get though?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    big nosed ? focus caught feelings lol
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is true. Just got an email from Game(retailer) saying my preorder will contain a downloadable copy of FIFA 14.
    Hi Karl,

We know you have preordered an Xbox One and we wanted to let you know about some exciting new announcements!

1. The Xbox One Day One Edition with FIFA 14 Digital Copy:

Microsoft have confirmed that all Xbox One Day One Edition Consoles will include a download copy of FIFA 14 in the box! If you have already preordered the Xbox One Day One Edition then there is no need to update your current preorder, as the FIFA 14 Digital Copy will be included in all Day One Editions of the Xbox One console. The Xbox One Day One Edition will be available at launch in November. The exact release date is yet to be confirmed by Microsoft.

2. GAME Exclusive Xbox One console with Call of Duty: Ghosts in box fixed bundle:

We also have this additional bundle available to preorder - the Xbox One console with Call of Duty: Ghosts is a very limited edition. Please note: This console bundle is a standard Xbox One with a digital copy of Call of Duty: Ghosts in box, and will not include any of the bonus items found within the Day One Edition.
  • joshuaboy
    Options

Only Xbox One Day One Edition Pre-Orders Get Free FIFA 14
    Clarification required.

Microsoft has clarified that only pre-orders of the Xbox One Day One Edition will come with a free copy of FIFA 14.

When it was announced at Gamescom that anyone who pre-ordered the Xbox One would receive a free copy of FIFA 14, it was assumed that this applied to all pre-orders of the console, not just the Day One Edition. Indeed, a tweet from the official Xbox account confirmed this.

It's now been clarified however that this isn't the case. Microsoft's social marketing manager Graeme Boyd tweeted earlier today that only European pre-orders of the Day One Edition of the Xbox One will be eligible for the free copy of FIFA 14.

Boyd also went on to confirm that the free copy of the game will actually come in the form of a download code, meaning you can give it to a mate if it's not something you're keen on personally.

As he mentioned, the deal is currently only available in Europe and nothing we've heard suggests it'll be rolled out to other territories.

With Day One Editions still available to pre-order at a number of retailers in the UK, there's still time to make sure you get your free game if you've pre-ordered the Standard Edition of the console instead.

The decision to bundle a free copy of FIFA 14 in with the console has raised a few eyebrows, with Sony's Jim Ryan saying he thought it was a "rather odd" move. EA's Peter Moore came to Microsoft's defence, however, saying he thought the company was taking the necessary steps to keep up with Sony's superior pre-order numbers in Europe.

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It pretty much says that in my email I posted, @joshuaboy.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    It pretty much says that in my email I posted, @joshuaboy.

Some wrong info was tweeted before which was now cleared up

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/02/only-xbox-one-day-one-edition-pre-orders-get-free-fifa-14