Is Styles P a legend or nah?

Options

Comments

• nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    styles has dropped too much mediocre music to be a legend. im a big fan. escpecially with verses like this.....
    http://youtu.be/3QDintHCVek
    but its to bad he's so one dimensional.

he's got a ? ton of heat tho
  • N YO HOOD
    N YO HOOD Members Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you even have to ask then its a no
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk, that's a question every body gotta answer for they self. All I know is the ? goes hard on tracks. Got some real good albums. Listen to that "Alone in the streets", my fav track by him. "Holiday" with Max B goes hard too. Check those out.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's highly respected.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    s.free wrote: »
    He's a legend to me. Most underrated of the last generation imo. But to each his own. He's a real street ? with real street ? content and real street ? don't buy albums so he was never gonna blow.
    Bet a lot of ? would call Andre 3000 a legend tho even tho he's never had a solo release lol. ? backwards.

This!
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SwampNigga wrote: »
    only in new york
    People say that like these acts go get play in CT, NJ, PA, MA, VA, etc etc.

• _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is charles oakley a legend?
  • young_belvi
    young_belvi Members Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually like Float....but ummm, nahhh. I lost respect when I heard this ninja was on Twitter arguing with Buddens. Thought you was on some street ? , P? Smh.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He ain't a legend and neither is Kiss. And if a ? say Sheek Louch is, they need to be kicked down some stairs...
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    is daz a legend?
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Wild Self wrote: »
    He's a legend to me. Most underrated of the last generation imo. But to each his own. He's a real street ? with real street ? content and real street ? don't buy albums so he was never gonna blow.
    Bet a lot of ? would call Andre 3000 a legend tho even tho he's never had a solo release lol. ? backwards.

Nah, "real street ? " need to buy retail albums from the artists that they like. Stop making excuses for them. SP the ghost is very talented, but he did nothing game changing like Jigga, Nas, DMX, or even K-Dot. Where is his 5 mic album?

Or even kdot? Wow.

I played his album yesterday from start to finish. Did not get old to me one bit. A lot of Styles ? sounds dated. K-Dot already changed the game and has the music to back it up. SP the Ghost is talented, but like older NY artists, his best material is on mixtapes (aka on deaf ears) and got too caught up with street cred to let his creative juices fly like Nas to drop a classic.

U don't know wtf ur talking about. How has Kendrick changed the game?
    Styles has a classic album and had one of the better releases this year.
    Has nothing to do with creative juices. Hes never dumbed down his ? or looked for cosigns from lady gaga or ? Amy winehouse.

Contrary to popular belief, being one dimensional ruins your creative juices and opportunities to make better music. Being super thug 24/ 7 and let a few good songs like "ghetto children" as well as other important things really harms your catalog. Why can't he make a whole album with the quality of "My Brother" Or "I'm Black?" SP has the potential, but does he have a 5 mic album in him? and why didn't he never drop a game changer like people in here claim?

Legends are Jigga, Nas, Cube, Redman, Kool G Rap, LL, DOC, and others. You think that he can compete with their impact?
  • bherc
    bherc Members Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Options
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Chase N Bundlez Members Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Definitely.

"If u heard it from the P you oughta know its the truth, I get u kidnapped, ? and thrown off a roof"
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmaooooooooo @ Styles having a classic album

FOH ?

That ? a classic song

Shittt, Styles ain't got a classic verse

Mannnn that ? ain't got a classic bar, classic ad lib....
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? struggles to create consistent album. Gangster and gentleman was his only close to perfect work, which barely had any impact on the game anyway. Hell ? no!
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Styles is overlooked but not a legend when the the considered weak link of the group makes better over all albums. Love his music though.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I listen to underground!..
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope, but he raps better than so-called legends.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah he's been the weakest member of the lox for a decade and all his solo albums suck
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah the Lox occupy a spot slightly below the Jay's and Nas's

Any member of the Lox can be considered legends

In many ways modern punchlines are strongly influenced by the Lox, Jada especially
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol@ styles having wack albums....I see why some of you ? be liking that simple ?
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Above average rapper with a good catalogue.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    He doesn't have a masterpiece album.

........but he has what, literally maybe 7,000 classic freestyles?

His consistency and prolificness make him a legend imho. The evolution of his voice is interesting too. He used to be the soft-spoken member of Lox, now he sounds like an even-more-? -off Chuck D. He currently got that "Angriest Man in Hip-Hop" belt that guys like Stick Fingaz and Bumpy Knuckles used to hold.

And he's had a better career than Kiss.

I wish he'd collab w/ Sean Price.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    He doesn't have a masterpiece album.

........but he has what, literally maybe 7,000 classic freestyles?

His consistency and prolificness make him a legend imho. The evolution of his voice is interesting too. He used to be the soft-spoken member of Lox, now he sounds like an even-more-? -off Chuck D. He currently got that "Angriest Man in Hip-Hop" belt that guys like Stick Fingaz and Bumpy Knuckles used to hold.

And he's had a better career than Kiss.

I wish he'd collab w/ Sean Price.

Classic freestyles does not match up with a classic album.