AMD: PS4 performance advantage over XB1 bigger than many expect thanks to hUMA

Options
BlackxChild
BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=657221

Article from Germany's biggest IT news site,

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldu...t-1939716.html

Google Translation
Although each AMD hardware is in the next game consoles Xbox Playstation One and 4, only the Playstation 4 will support the humanitarian technology for a shared memory area. This explained AMD's senior product marketing manager Marc Diana opposite c't at Gamescom. This is likely the 3D performance of the Playstation 4 is still much more put on the Xbox One, as adopted at the current level. AMD finally sees the heterogeneous uniform memory access as the key to the tremendous increase in performance of composite processors. AMD's future desktop processors combined the Kaveri series set on Huma.

Behind the scenes c't could also capture developers unofficial voices that see the 3D performance of the Playstation 4 very far from that of the Xbox One.

Back in April, AMD said manager Phil Rogers opposite c't that Huma specifically designed to accelerate 3D rendering performance, "game developers wanted to use extremely large textures for some years, but until now had to be a whole lot of tricks use, parts large textures to pack into smaller textures. because today must first be in a separate area of physical memory a texture before the GPU can process them. Huma with applications can deal more efficiently with textures. "More details to HUMA want to reveal to its developers conference in November AMD. (MFI)
hUMA: Heterogeneous Uniform Memory Access
http://arstechnica.com/information-t...ear-in-kaveri/

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You don't even know what it means do you?

You're just a fanboy trying to dig up any old news to try and counter all this great Xbox ? that's coming out.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? prob buying Knack day one ...
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    ? no I'm only getting a ps4 to sell it. I've already stated I'm not even a fan of killzone and the only interesting exclusive is infamous.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? no I'm only getting a ps4 to sell it. I've already stated I'm not even a fan of killzone and the only interesting exclusive is infamous.

Why? Like, why would someone buy from you when companies provide more security?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    from the bottom of my heart I hate the x-box, since my windows vista debacle i've despised microsoft as a company

And i pray that this will be the last generation of x-box.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Why? Like, why would someone buy from you when companies provide more security?
    Have you not gone on eBay or Craigslist after console launch??? You can sometimes make over double the cost of the console. I'm going to put it on Craigslist and if someone rich wants to overpay for it bc they don't want to wait in line I'm good.

Actually I've been paid money for my spot in line on iPhone launch which I was going to sale anyway but I made 800 bucks just for giving up my spot.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    like somebody rich hasn't already pre-ordered or can buy one online
  • BlackxChild
    Options

They don't you really have no idea do you....

Have you never seen what happens when big products like iPhones launch... There's actually ppl who are paid to wait in lines for people on launch events and that's their sole job. Rich ppl don't give a ? .

Alot of rich ppl don't preorder they do what they want how they want and don't give a ? .
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Must not remember when people were selling the PS3 for $1000+ on ebay, craigslist, etc after it launched.
  • joshuaboy
    Options

Must not remember when people were selling the PS3 for $1000+ on ebay, craigslist, etc after it launched.

I think people are a lot smarter and internet efficient now ........ I would hope
  • BlackxChild
    Options

I think people are a lot smarter and internet efficient now ........ I would hope
    No they aren't they do it every iPhone launch...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No they aren't they do it every iPhone launch...

and sneakers.. and everymotherfuckinthingelse
  • joshuaboy
    Options