The Walking Dead - Season 4 (AMC)

Options

Comments

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not even checking no spoilers, I'm waiting to see ? myself the better the surprise
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That black dude that had all them guns i need those bruh

Marked out
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see why them not explaining where the virus came from matters really. That's clearly not the point of the show. It's not World War Z. They aren't running around trying to stop the zombie apocalypse. That boat has already sailed. They are just trying to survive. The "Why" doesn't matter when staying alive is an everyday struggle.

if you understand your enemy....you can defeat your enemy
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know one thing I hate those mid season finales just let the ? season play all the way thru
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they have a comic called "Land of the Trill"?

lol no? maybe Im just confused by Knights post.

@smokelahoma My bad on the delay, but no comic called Land of the Trill. I was saying the comic is just getting trill again after losing its way for a while.
    AP12 wrote: »
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Darrel looks like he's in full beast mode.

Can anybody tell me if they ever reviled anything in the comic about how all this ? started yet? No spoilers or nothing, just want to know if the show will be at least explaining something. We had 3 whole seasons of the "survival story" Now I want some kind of answers. The way this show going it's looking like it's gonna end on some "lost" type of ? lol.

The comic is a decade in and no explanation has been given about how the virus started. Hell, the comic pretty much stalled after The Governor arc and is just now finding its footing again in the Land of the Trill.

The momentum it had in the earlier issues is the same momentum the first seasons had in that you get so lost in the characters that you forget to ask why their situation even exists. The problem is that in a world like this is that the character types are finite as ? . They've found some interesting ones as of late, but the main bad guy is another version of the Governor. The TV show blew through a lot of material in three seasons, so it'll be reeeeeeeeally hard to sell another antagonist group without thinking, "This all seems familiar."

a decade in?

im on vol 16 and iirc, its only been 2 years. Not sure if you were just exaggerating for the effect or maybe im wrong...

either way, i used to think just like this. I cared more about how the virus started as opposed to the relationships b/t the character. Or to put it another way, think of ? Bill or Pulp fiction where they have the glow coming from a suitcase but they never show you whats inside. Thats called a Macguffin or i.e. a plot device. It really doenst matter whats in the briefcase or in this case, it really doesnt matter how the virus started. There is obviously no cure so why does it matter?

The focus is on the relationships b/t the people and how they deal with this. Once you stop focusing on how the virus started, i think you would gain a better appreciation for the show.

Also, Carl in the comics >>>> Carl on the show. Its not even close. Which is why i said the tv show isnt gonna have the time to properly tell the story b/c there are certain things they arent gonna show on network cable. PLUS they only have about 45 min of show to actually tell b/c of the 15 min of commercials. They have to pick and choose what they depict from the comic.

@AP12 I meant the comic has been going since 2003. Hence, it's been going for a decade without much progression beyond Governor villain types.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    I don't see why them not explaining where the virus came from matters really. That's clearly not the point of the show. It's not World War Z. They aren't running around trying to stop the zombie apocalypse. That boat has already sailed. They are just trying to survive. The "Why" doesn't matter when staying alive is an everyday struggle.

if you understand your enemy....you can defeat your enemy

Again, that holds true for something like WWZ where the people looking for the cure are professionals that can make use of that information to come up with a way to fight the zombies. In TWD, we're following a ragtag group of people just trying to survive. Them finding out where the virus came from isn't likely to avail them anything.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This show is such garbage.
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

but u stay posting in this thread though.... get it together Munny
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been watching the show since the beginning should I really give these comics a look or will it make it difficult with the changes between the comics and the show?
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not feeling the same anticipation for this season, as I had for the last two.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    jusdre313 wrote: »

Only voice my displeasure.
  • IamMonster
    IamMonster Members Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    Options

You're looking for attention don't lie.

• Will Munny
    Options
    IamMonster wrote: »

You're looking for attention don't lie.

I have like 5000k posts on an Internet forum.... Obviously.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm betting for Carol to die, that big dudes wife to die, and the baby. They ? Daryl this season I am done with this ? though.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh. Carl is the future of the series. He aint diein
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carol, the old ? that was throwing her ? to Daryl.

Also they used some generic ass white people names for the characters, gotdamn half of them rhyme.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Daryl the goat gotdammit hopefully rick isn't running around a forest like a ? fairy...
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn completely forgot this show was coming back this weekend. Can't wait for Carl to start acting extra hard now. Rick seems to be over the crazy for now. I hope they give tyrese some screentime
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta go back and watch last season I forgot what happened
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna know who let walkers up in that ?
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they don't hear anyone screaming when being killer or left for dead or seeing any walkers in the prison, all I can say is that someone that they saved from the Governor's camp is a serial killer. Or someone has been hiding out in the prison the entire time and is a killer.

And if that's true, it's an extension of the serial killer that was originally supposed to be a prisoner.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cutty gonna get real airtime this season. ...hope they ? deangelo...ain't never like dude as an actor
  • panthro5000
    panthro5000 Members Posts: 169
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Cutty gonna get real airtime this season. ...hope they ? deangelo...ain't never like dude as an actor

his character is pretty major in the comics, its been said this season will be the closest to the comics since season 1.

the show got pretty damn far from the source material in a bad way in S3