Anyone on a spiritual journey?

Options

Comments

• Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This whole trend of "all gods/demons being aliens" thing is highly misguided....
  • Melqart
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Meroe wrote: »
    Does anyone else here actively practice any spiritual disciplines?

Buddhism/Taoism

I'm a huge advocate for Taoism. What system?
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This whole trend of "all gods/demons being aliens" thing is highly misguided....

What i've found funny, find funny and will find funny is when students/literates make these statements. When it comes to topic/subjects such as these, we must be wise not to sound all-knowing or authoritative cos interpretations are very relative to the individual...
  • Melqart
    Options

What i've found funny, find funny and will find funny is when students/literates make these statements. When it comes to topic/subjects such as these, we must be wise not to sound all-knowing or authoritative cos interpretations are very relative to the individual...

I understand where you're coming from saying this. But for me personally that is my experience, seeing as though I learned from a disciple of the exact tradition Jehovah came out of... Intellectual grasping of this alien concept is different than experiencing personally. You're more than welcome to disagree, however experience trumps intellectual contemplation.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Buddhism/Taoism

Philosophical Taoism if that's what you're referring to.

• Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I understand where you're coming from saying this. But for me personally that is my experience, seeing as though I learned from a disciple of the exact tradition Jehovah came out of... Intellectual grasping of this alien concept is different than experiencing personally. You're more than welcome to disagree, however experience trumps intellectual contemplation.

Exactly what my post was meant to divulge, hence precaution must be made in order not to overshadow an individuals understanding of his or her experience. Only the inhabitant of a soul understands its experiences so who am i to call his interpretation or elucidations misguided?
  • Melqart
    Options

Buddhism/Taoism

Philosophical Taoism if that's what you're referring to.

The philosophy is profound & has had an unprecedented influence on society in a subtle way, but sorry I meant cultivation as opposed to purely philosophy, I should've stated it better.
  • Bodhi
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The philosophy is profound & has had an unprecedented influence on society in a subtle way, but sorry I meant cultivation as opposed to purely philosophy, I should've stated it better.

Qigong. What exactly are you a practitioner of? I've noticed most times your opinions on my comments in the R&R are split. I've always wondered, nh.
  • Melqart
    edited August 2013
    Options

Qigong. What exactly are you a practitioner of? I've noticed most times your opinions on my comments in the R&R are split. I've always wondered, nh.

I've been a student of adepts of a few different traditions, which is the reason for that. I've practiced a number of disciplines but I've personally decided to invest my time & energy into Hermetic Meditation, along with San Feng taiji, swordplay, & Neigong.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    I've been a student of adepts of a few different traditions, which is the reason for that. I've practiced a number of disciplines

I haven't studied under anyone in any spiritual system. What I do is self taught so I'm always encountering new information.
    swordplay

I'm currently training under someone in krabi krabong here. What style are you disciplined in?
  • Melqart
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I've been a student of adepts of a few different traditions, which is the reason for that. I've practiced a number of disciplines

I haven't studied under anyone in any spiritual system. What I do is self taught so I'm always encountering new information.
    swordplay

I'm currently training under someone in krabi krabong here. What style are you disciplined in?

I too began that way. I'm always willing to share info with a brother on the spiritual path so if there's anything I talk about that you're interested in ill be more than happy to share.

I practice Taoist Sword Cultivation. I use a Jian sword, Basically it's a form that's both internal alchemy & martial cultivation. I was lucky enough to learn all this from a Taoist Master whom was the disciple of the Abbot of one biggest monasteries dedicated to Taoism in China.
  • Melqart
    Options
    I wasn't acquainted in krabi, so I had to look it up. That's pretty cool man.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I practice Kemetian practices

INB4 Ghost Leopard's bs rants.
  • Millions Knives
    Millions Knives Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Options
    Go to YouTube and type in DA13thSUN. His videos covers everything and more...LOTS MORE
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, I'm in the meditation club...Bauce...
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The cold hard facts are these

1. There are 2 spiritual destinies for every human being who has ever lived.

2. The majority of humanity travels on a road that is broad and wide, which ultimately leads to destruction.

3. The elect travel on a road that is straight and narrow, and only few there be that find that road. It's end is eternal life with Jesus Christ our Lord! Hallelujah!

4. Many people seek to walk on the narrow road that leads to life, but they try to get on that road by their own feeble efforts, or they try to take a shortcut, or they try to go around it bysome other way, or they simply fall by the wayside and fall to finish the course set before them.

5. Ultimately the choices we make in life will determine where we spend eternity. No one will ever give Jesus Christ a VALID excuse for why they would not or could not accept His love, grace, and mercy on the last day. Thus their own choices will condemn them on the day of judgment. And Because ? decides the consequences, He will give out the eternal justice that each sinner justly deserves for their actions while living in this life.

Amen and Amen.

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, so most are born to be destroyed.
  • Ghost Leopard
    Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

2. The majority of humanity travels on a road that is broad and wide, which ultimately leads to destruction.

3. The elect travel on a road that is straight and narrow, and only few there be that find that road. It's end is eternal life with Jesus Christ our Lord! Hallelujah!

4. Many people seek to walk on the narrow road that leads to life, but they try to get on that road by their own feeble efforts, or they try to take a shortcut, or they try to go around it bysome other way, or they simply fall by the wayside and fall to finish the course set before them.

5. Ultimately the choices we make in life will determine where we spend eternity. No one will ever give Jesus Christ a VALID excuse for why they would not or could not accept His love, grace, and mercy on the last day. Thus their own choices will condemn them on the day of judgment. And Because ? decides the consequences, He will give out the eternal justice that each sinner justly deserves for their actions while living in this life.

Amen and Amen.

This you got from a book about a made up people with a made up history cruxed (ha ha) upon a person that never existed. Sure ok.
  • Ghost Leopard
    Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You all should check out Bro Panic or Bobby Hemmit. Youtube. Breaks down a lot of information and assumptions concerning spirituality and the meta.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Damn, so most are born to be destroyed.

"The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil." Proverbs 16:4

For a longer treatment on this subject read and study Romans 9. Specifically Romans 9:19-29

Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Amen and Amen.

This you got from a book about a made up people with a made up history cruxed (ha ha) upon a person that never existed. Sure ok.

Your choices will determine where you spend eternity. Amen.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's called marriage
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm trying to meet the devil and get to know him

If heaven is up there and were down here. Where are we?

i dont want to go to hell
    just hear his side of the story

some say we are in hell or this is the underworld. it makes sense to me there are plenty of demons walking this earth in the form of man believe me.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am a spiritual baptist and we have ceremonies that cause your spirit to leave your body and travel to other planes of existence you have visions see things and experience things.