5.7-inch Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Launching September 25th

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Samsung's popular phablet returns.

As expected, today Samsung officially announced the Galaxy Note 3 at an event just before the IFA conference in Berlin. The latest entry to Samsung's popular phablet line is equipped with a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display and its signature S Pen stylus, and is scheduled to launch later this month.

Galxy-Note3_030_set1-610x592.jpg

The thinner and lighter Galaxy Note 3 has ditched the plastic rear casing found on previous versions, instead opting for a faux-leather finish, complete with stitching. The 1920 x 1080 resolution display is accompanied by a 2.3GHz quad-core processor, 3GB of RAM, a 13-megapixel camera, 32 or 64 GB of storage with microSD card support, and a big 3,200 mAh battery.

The new Note will ship with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean along with Samsung's TouchWiz UI. Existing features like Multi Window have been improved, which now lets you pull up two instances of the same app at the same time. Information can then be transferred from one window to the next. Samsung also introduced My Magazine, which the company made in collaboration with Flipboard and is more or less their version of the HTC One's BlinkFeed feature.

Galxy-Note3_031_set2-e13783168224031-610x352.jpg

The improved S Pen brings with it a number of new software features, including Air Command, which pulls up a radial menu for quick access to built-in stylus-friendly apps like Actions Memos, S Note, Scrapbook, and S Finder. Air Command can be accessed from anywhere in the operating system by simply hovering the S Pen just above the screen and pressing the button on the stylus.

The new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be available in jet black, classic white, and blush pink, and will launch in more than 140 countries on September 25th, with worldwide availability scheduled for October. The Note 3 will be sold through all major carriers in the United States.

Comments

• Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so dissapointed.....come on now ? a leather battery door lmao sigh welp looks like I wont be getting a android phone this go around
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know they have a ton of case options, all of which would replace the leather part right?

Anyway, the hardware is pretty much the leap you'd expect. You can't front on Samsung though. They stay coming with good software features. The functionality they added to the S-Pen this go around is pretty cool.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will chill on this especially since I got that Galaxy S4 now.

Samsung needs to slow down seems like they dropping a new device every 5-6 months.

That's too often and over-saturates the market in my opinion.

I love my S4 the processor is second to none, but the phone has to much bloatware and too many gimmicky features that probably will never be used by the average consumer such as myself.

Samsung should take their time to refine the popular useful features they have and only release maybe one device or so every 9 months to a year or so IMO.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I kinda agree with you, but I think it's different with the S and Note. They are two different lines serving two different markets. The problem comes when they release 3 variants of each.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Monk the Note and Galaxy S are basically the same device minus a bigger screen, that S Pen, and some better hardware under the hood.

The Note should really be named the Galaxy SL (Large)

I do agree their stuff gets a little better with every release but slow that ? down and fine tune that ? to near perfection.

@AP12 you probably are a little more tech savvy than me all I use my phone for is texting and calling wifey and mom, and browsing the internet while I'm at work.

Everything else is a bonus.

Love the processor on this phone its super quick.

The service on this my S4 is quite a bit better than it was on my S3 as well which is a big factor where I live in a more rural area.

I don't know what custom ROMS and all that even do.

Thought about rooting my phone but it does more than enough.

Google seems to have an app for nearly everything a lot of their ? is free to unlike iTunes.

I will probably wait a year and get whatever is out at the end of 2015 or early 2016.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    who wants a phone that big anyway.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    @Monk the Note and Galaxy S are basically the same device minus a bigger screen, that S Pen, and some better hardware under the hood.

The Note should really be named the Galaxy SL (Large)

I do agree their stuff gets a little better with every release but slow that ? down and fine tune that ? to near perfection.

There is already a Galaxy SL. It's called the Galaxy Mega and it's a very different device from the Note 3. If the Note line consistently has different hardware, different software, a larger screen, and an additional peripheral, I think it's fair to say that it's a separate line than the S.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Once again, they have a ton of replacement options for the back, so if you don't like it, it will be a simple thing to replace it.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you. ? walkin around wit a big azzz slab on the side of their head. Not a good look. You might as well just get a tablet.

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Me. I used to have an iphone 4 with the microsoft office suite. It was wayyy too small for word processing and spread sheet creation. I hated using that phone to edit my documents. I now have the Galaxy S4 and it is a lot easier to edit homework and navigate the MS office suite with it.

Also it makes watching movies better.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Business people
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    meh Im happy with my S4
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Good looks on this threas thought about the note but the s4 is probable more portable. The note seems to be for people who want a cross between a great phone and an ipad like device in one hybrid.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Good looks on this threas thought about the note but the s4 is probable more portable. The note seems to be for people who want a cross between a great phone and an ipad like device in one hybrid.

That's pretty much exactly what it is. That's why phones like the Note 3 and upcoming One Max are called "phablets."
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got it I like it......
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alright long story short. Basically my Blackberry Z10 took a ? . I was getting tired of the lagging anyway. Well I got a crazy hook up on Two Galaxy Note 3 Factory Unlocked joints for the low. Bout to cop one for me and the wife. As you know I am not a big fan of Android but I don't know if I can pass this deal up. Plus I can get a T-Mobile Family Plan unlimited text, talk, and web for $120 a month 2 lines. So Who has this phone? What are your thoughts on it? I haven't used Android since the first Motorola Droid. I have been all iPhone and I just tried this Blackberry Z10 for the past few months. What's the learning curve? Help a real ? out.
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    Nobody got a Note 3 tho?
  • Got Em Shook
    Options
    stick with an iPhone bruh
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    stick with an iPhone bruh

You got the Note 3? You don't like it?
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody got a Note 3 tho?
    Got it, loving it.
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    Nobody got a Note 3 tho?
    Got it, loving it.

Good ? . Mine will be here tomorrow sometime. I already picked me up a S-View Flip case so can't wait to see what's up with it.
  • Got Em Shook
    Options
    Na I have a S4 and 5S
  • Got Em Shook
    Options
    If you don't plan on using the S pen is that ? even worth it though?
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    If you don't plan on using the S pen is that ? even worth it though?

I'm a use it. I played around with a co-workers and it can do a lot of ? . Think it might be pretty handy.
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    This phone is dope. I'm loving it. And the S-Pen has me feeling more organized. I'm always jotting down notes now. With my bad memory that is good. Can't believe I'm using an Android device.