Options
    my sound is off. how he get teh xbox 1
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Video removed by user...oh ? ...he dead?

Apparently he is the kid of a Microsoft employee. Got his dad in a bunch of trouble. Anyway, here is the vid. This ? is fast!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14fcmu_xbox-one-dashboard-leak_videogames?start=2
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From his pain we gain. R.I.p little Xbox cracka
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ehhh, it's Windows 8. If you like Windows 8, this should be a good look for you. But Windows 8 was and still is ? on heavily, so why would anyone act like seeing this should be exciting in general.
  • focus
    Options
    Ehhh, it's Windows 8. If you like Windows 8, this should be a good look for you. But Windows 8 was and still is ? on heavily, so why would anyone act like seeing this should be exciting in general.

What OS is Sony using for the PS4?
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a ? dashboard dude.. lol at criticizing Xbox dashboard when all of the PS dashboards been ass since inception.. and BTW windows 8 works greats on tables and mobile devices, which it was really intended for
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    focus wrote: »

What OS is Sony using for the PS4?

Their own proprietary OS designed specifically for the PS4. What does that have to do with this topic though?
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    Its a ? dashboard dude.. lol at criticizing Xbox dashboard when all of the PS dashboards been ass since inception.. and BTW windows 8 works greats on tables and mobile devices, which it was really intended for

Show me where I criticized Xbox's dashboard. I just said it was Windows 8. After getting used to it, I personally like Windows 8, so I've got nothing at all bad to say about them going that route for the XB1's dashboard. I was just pointing out that a lot of people hate Windows 8, so I don't see why anyone would get excited after this leak.
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    who has said they were excited ? and when somebody says ehh about something, that means they really dont approve of it / skeptical
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2013
    Options
    who has said they were excited ? and when somebody says ehh about something, that means they really dont approve of it / skeptical

Lots of people around the net. Go look at some of the other topics out there about the leak. And ehh can mean a lot of things. With me it wasn't about approval, just that I didn't see anything newsworthy about this leak. Didn't we already know the XB1 OS would be Windows oriented. So now we've got a look at it, and it looks like Windows 8. That makes the vid and the kid's ill advised leak of it "Ehh" in my opinion.
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    I'm not talking about the net. I'm talkin about anyone on the IC being excited
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Did I say anyone on the IC was acting that way? I posed a question in response to the general reaction to the revelation.
  • Karl.
    Options
    That xbone was grubby as ? .
  • Karl.
    Options
    I thought Xbox employees were getting a white Xbox.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    I thought Xbox employees were getting a white Xbox.

Might be a developmental version or something.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nobody likes windows on tablets or mobile phones Microsoft employees don't even like that ? .
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    Y'all do kno that the 360 dashboard Damn near looks like this now right??
  • Karl.
    Options
    Windows 8 is trash outside of anything that's touchscreen and even then I don't like it on touchscreen devices.

With that said...if you can customize this dashboard then I will like this set up rather than the tabs Microsoft has you assigned with on 360.

Never really used it but with Kinect Windows 8 looks made for the Xbox.

As I said earlier in this thread though it does look absolute cheeks.
  • focus
    Options
    The look or layout or whatever doesn't really matter since the dashboard is customizable with Pins and can be fully controlled with voice from any screen or tab anyway.

At the end of the day, XBOX has the best dashboard, period. Anything said against it just means the alternative is even worse.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Naw i disagree, windows 8 is prefect for touch. esp. when u get acustomed to the gestures and accessing the features in the charms bar. it was virtually designed for touch in mind. Where MS screwed up was forcing the metro ui unto the desktop. esp. in the business and enterprise environment. that's where u see most of the backlash coming from. but im glad they went with this look on the xbox dashboard personally. it will make the transition seemingly smooth for anyone who is already familiar with and likes metro
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Windows 8 on the desktop isn't so bad. It's just unnecessary.