Ryse: Son of Rome

Options
Melanin_Enriched
Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in IllGaming
Just checked this bad boy out on the dashboard, ? got me mad hard no ? .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TRL8lLZe0Q

Comments

• John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    might get in for SP dunno
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends on reviews for me. The single player looks dope, the multiplayer...ehhhh

Dem graphix doe.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn just damn
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Only saw gore and nothing interesting story wise.Just another Crytek tech demo but it gets me excited for GOW on PS4.I like the engine and brutality so it gives a glimpse what to expect from GOW gore and physics wise.Its like there is nothing else besides the gore.No story, no interesting character and no variety of gameplay to offset the killing spree lol.He is just walking around chopping up every person in sight.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only saw gore and nothing interesting story wisr.Just another Crtek tech demo but it gets me excited for GOW on PS4.I like the engine and brutality so it gives a glimpse what to expect from GOW gore and physics wise.Its like there is nothing else besides the gore.No story, no interesting character and no variety of gameplay to offset the killing spree lol.He is just walking around chopping up every person in sight.

The video is about the combat. That's the focus of it, it's called 'Ryse: Son of Rome - Inside look at the Combat'.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    One thing I dont understand though is how the devs can not have the blood spatter on the environment and character.All that pretty grass should have been stained with blood along with the blades of grass getting cut and blowing around as the fighting is going on.Then the character does not get drenched in blood either.GOW has had Kratos get soaked with blood on the PS3.? just seems lazy to have such an attractive and ? game but not those aspects.Come on son.

@stone they have made no mention of anything else gameplay wise but either way it is another generic Crytek game influenced by GOW. I would play it but that hack n slash only gets old.Not just speaking on this video but every other video.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I think the combat looks pretty smooth and intuitive. Won't know for sure till I play it, though.

@Raven It looked like you were talking about this particular video, though. I'm just saying if you're looking for story and character info for this game, it won't be in this clip. They'll talk about that elsewhere.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Before I saw the first video, I thought that this game was more of a QTE affair, so I didn't see why people were hyped for this. After looking at the video, the combat looks great, fast and fluid, and it's good to see that it's not a "Kinect" type, button prompt game. The blood is on the Spartacus side, looking more like red paint, but that wouldn't deter from a purchase if the game was good.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One thing I dont understand though is how the devs can not have the blood spatter on the environment and character.All that pretty grass should have been stained with blood along with the blades of grass getting cut and blowing around as the fighting is going on.Then the character does not get drenched in blood either.GOW has had Kratos get soaked with blood on the PS3.? just seems lazy to have such an attractive and ? game but not those aspects.Come on son.

@stone they have made no mention of anything else gameplay wise but either way it is another generic Crytek game influenced by GOW. I would play it but that hack n slash only gets old.Not just speaking on this video but every other video.

Take a look at this guy. It clearly says "Work in progress - this does not represent final game quality"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.