Why Weaves Are Detrimental To The Psychology Of Black Women..........

Options
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
According to Tommy Sotomayor......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ5DrmbcG00

Truth is truth no matter where...or who it comes from.

Comments

• Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao youre a ? idiot for agreeing with someone who throws out general statements to garner agreement from the massses. Come back with a real debate topic, then we can proceed to talk about it. Using tommy sotomayor as a reference to spark a debate is like using the bible as factual statements in a debate to back up your claims.

• Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _DUB_ wrote: »
    aint you that guy who logged off and cried in the closet cuz somebody ? on yo thread?

wrong person

• Star Nine
    Star Nine Members Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wont watch what did he say
  • CraigMakaveli
    CraigMakaveli Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like weaves idgaf just give me a girl with a good head on there shoulders . Damn I wish people would wash there hair and ? . Any other race worry bout this type of ? . ? that we dont even worry bout that type of stuff. Other people study black so much thisIs the conclusion s they make.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ignorant black men seem to be the real culprit when discussing what's detrimental to black women.
  • Purr
    edited September 2013
    Options
    evilchuck wrote: »
    lmao youre a ? idiot for agreeing with someone who throws out general statements to garner agreement from the massses. Come back with a real debate topic, then we can proceed to talk about it. Using tommy sotomayor as a reference to spark a debate is like using the bible as factual statements in a debate to back up your claims.

take it easy greasy. that wig you got on must be cutting off oxygen to your neurons. I never said anything about sparking a debate. Tommy Sotomayor tells it like it is. Don't like it? Don't watch it.

I'm sorry, I am too intelligent to dare watch an uninformed, color-struck, misogynist, idiot like tommy sotomayor. I am not into being informed on wild accusations without facts nor statistics to follow up his claims. Sorry, only lemmings like yourself would agree with him.

Your premise of this post was to spark a debate ( as in to create a conversation on the video that you had posted) on this form. However, not everyone is an idiot who is mentally stimulated and entertained by a person who whole premise is to bash black women in his vocal tone of yelling and his bulging eyes to show emphasis that he is correct in his generalized assessment.

Tommy Sotomayor tells it like it is from what point of view? Please enlighten me on his enlightenment to your feeble brain about hair weaves that perplex the mind, self-esteem, and cultural identity of black women and young black girls for generations to come?

If this topic was so perplexing to social psychologists about weaves and black women ( do you see the stereotype there?) wouldn't there be a scientific journal about this and how this can help with the self-identity of black women? Nope, there isn't one because no one cares, except you, tommy sotomayor, and other idiots, who couldn't think further and logically that the stereotype of weaves and black women are not a strict correlation between each other. Because guess what?! Other women in different racial backgrounds were weaves too! :O Shocker, I know.

Now, carry on, sir.

I'm done with making you look like an idiot in your own thread.

Back to trollin I go!
  • Purr
    Options
    Jungz wrote: »
    I personally prefer women with natural hair whether short, long, big or dreads. I know a girl who pays mad money on weaves and her head always got a musty odor to it when I see her.

I overall dont really ? with Tommy but he made a good point about little black girls growing up believing that something is wrong with their natural hair... other than that I dont give a ? what any woman who Im not with does with her hair. ? gon do what they want and its a waste of time trying to get everyone to think like you. Find someone who does and keep it movin.

Where's the factual proof?
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love weaves.
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Weave has never hurt me.
    I overall dont really ? with Tommy but he made a good point about little black girls growing up believing that something is wrong with their natural hair...

lmfao y'all are so dramatic. I have NEVER thought there was anything wrong with my hair....ever.

• Purr
    Options
    I personally prefer women with natural hair whether short, long, big or dreads. I know a girl who pays mad money on weaves and her head always got a musty odor to it when I see her.

I overall dont really ? with Tommy but he made a good point about little black girls growing up believing that something is wrong with their natural hair... other than that I dont give a ? what any woman who Im not with does with her hair. ? gon do what they want and its a waste of time trying to get everyone to think like you. Find someone who does and keep it movin.

the whole black doll white doll experiment but done with hair... listen to their reasoning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHedSiNaVfo

lol I'm asking for tommy sotomayor's factual proof. also, that is moreso due to colorism and standardized beauty of white women in this country, not beacuse of black women wearing weaves.

leave yhe dramatics for preachers on a sunday morning.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? can't just watch football on Sunday huh?
    Somebody always gotta press that button lol.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You could do that with everything though. Make up, heels, clothing, cars.

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Elrawd wrote: »

Hol up. Who are you?!? That you in the avy?!?
  • Purr
    Options
    Elrawd wrote: »

Hol up. Who are you?!? That you in the avy?!?

lmao thats young ice. he lost all that baby fat and looking like young man with a huge ? .
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tried watchin it.. but couldnt work myself up to watch anymore of a baldheaded ? talk anout hair..

and jus off of what i watched u can tell this ? doesnt interact wit women from different ethnic groups.. all them ? are insecure and wear more weaves/extentions then black ? ..

im jus sayin..
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It has taken me 2 years to make my lil sisters reducing that weave and eurocentric hairstyle ? .
    I usually not agree with Sotomayor but imo he is right.
    It one thing to change your hair style from time to time but doing 90% of your time to make it look more caucasian is a fuckery.
    I had the same arguments with blacks in the army. I asked them ' why we all have to be bold headed even when it doesnt suit us'
    Response from black men ' bruh we dont like that nappy head ? it looks like ass loc'. Where did they took that ? ? White soldiers jokes. So instead of staying their ground their have chosen to be bald.

Guess what my lil sister came back from Nehterlands and say ' damn you re right i get more respect for being natural thank you'
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    >According to Tommy Sotomayor......

Thanks. Didn't even have to press play.

lol, pretty much

@kai wht do you think of people who 90 % of their time are using stuffs that get rid of their natural appearence?
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options

the whole black doll white doll experiment but done with hair... listen to their reasoning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHedSiNaVfo

Of course this isn't some "official" study but im sure a study done by actual phycologists would probably yield the same results.

Bruh you ll have to go harder imo. There are billions of dollars involved.
    In africa its worse cause they are bleaching their skin.
    And it took me 5 years to make my mum stopping say to my sisters that their skin is clearer than before.
    Its a psychological damage and the black women are alone in that ? . Japanese girls change their eyes form and spread their leggs to be more euro. Look at the boyz bands from korea....
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options

take it easy greasy. that wig you got on must be cutting off oxygen to your neurons. I never said anything about sparking a debate. Tommy Sotomayor tells it like it is. Don't like it? Don't watch it.

I'm sorry, I am too intelligent to dare watch an uninformed, color-struck, misogynist, idiot like tommy sotomayor. I am not into being informed on wild accusations without facts nor statistics to follow up his claims. Sorry, only lemmings like yourself would agree with him.

Your premise of this post was to spark a debate ( as in to create a conversation on the video that you had posted) on this form. However, not everyone is an idiot who is mentally stimulated and entertained by a person who whole premise is to bash black women in his vocal tone of yelling and his bulging eyes to show emphasis that he is correct in his generalized assessment.

Tommy Sotomayor tells it like it is from what point of view? Please enlighten me on his enlightenment to your feeble brain about hair weaves that perplex the mind, self-esteem, and cultural identity of black women and young black girls for generations to come?

If this topic was so perplexing to social psychologists about weaves and black women ( do you see the stereotype there?) wouldn't there be a scientific journal about this and how this can help with the self-identity of black women? Nope, there isn't one because no one cares, except you, tommy sotomayor, and other idiots, who couldn't think further and logically that the stereotype of weaves and black women are not a strict correlation between each other. Because guess what?! Other women in different racial backgrounds were weaves too! :O Shocker, I know.

Now, carry on, sir.

I'm done with making you look like an idiot in your own thread.

Back to trollin I go!

@evilchuck

There will be no further researches nor self esteem campaign nor summits because the one that eat from it are : whites and asians. Do youn think that they will give up all that money? Hell no.
    Jewish women wear weaves as a replacement of veils cause of their religion and traditions. Also weave are worn by other races for special occasions and when they get older.
    We are the only race that see young black girls transforming their hair with chemilcal eurocentric hair... Something is not right if in the 2000 years we see black people expressing in mass their dislike for nappy hair.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh ok...yet another thread made by a ? ? bout how a broad styles her hair...
    nothin weird about that at all lmao..