loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad they went back to serious Chucky
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    Glad they went back to serious Chucky
    Agreed all that goofy ? was ridiculous ...specially him seed of chucky mfs was doin karate smh
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u know a franchise has gone wack when they put a rapper/R&B singer in it (Halloween, Chucky, Nightmare on Elm street)

glad they rebooted this
  • king mocha
    king mocha Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was pretty good
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    glad they rebooted this

It's not a reboot.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    king mocha wrote: »
    it was pretty good

Spoiler request...how did it end any twist?

• rabbitfood
    rabbitfood Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yeah it's not a reboot, it's actually a straight sequel taking place after Seed of Chucky. I think the worse thing about it was the pacing. It's on the slow side and feels so much longer despite only being 97 minutes.

The ending isn't anything special. The chick in the wheelchair ends up taking the fall for all the people Chucky kills after the cops get there and see her ? with a knife. As for twists, Tiffany and Andy are in it.

There is a somewhat decent reason why Chucky's face looks off.
  • clairvoyance
    edited September 2013
    Options
    rabbitfood wrote: »
    Yeah it's not a reboot, it's actually a straight sequel taking place after Seed of Chucky. I think the worse thing about it was the pacing. It's on the slow side and feels so much longer despite only being 97 minutes.

The ending isn't anything special. The chick in the wheelchair ends up taking the fall for all the people Chucky kills after the cops get there and see her ? with a knife. As for twists, Tiffany and Andy are in it.

There is a somewhat decent reason why Chucky's face looks off.

Appreciate it, good info.....one more question
    what happens to chucky does he die, and is it the original andy all grown up or somebody else playing him?also does it leave room for a sequel, or it looks like this is the final chapter and whats the reason behind chuckys girly look

• rabbitfood
    rabbitfood Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what happens to chucky does he die, and is it the original andy all grown up or somebody else playing him?also does it leave room for a sequel, or it looks like this is the final chapter and whats the reason behind chuckys girly look
    He doesn't die, but after the credits he gets mailed to a grown up Andy's house and after he comes out of the box Andy is waiting for him with a shotty. It's the same dude from part 1 & 2.

Andy shoots him before the movie ends, but you know stuff like that never stops a sequel from happening. As for his face, it's fake to hide the scarred up version we've seen in the last few movies.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't wait, would've loved to see it in theaters tho

Nah!!!

• clairvoyance
    Options
    He doesn't die, but after the credits he gets mailed to a grown up Andy's house and after he comes out of the box Andy is waiting for him with a shotty. It's the same dude from part 1 & 2.

Andy shoots him before the movie ends, but you know stuff like that never stops a sequel from happening. As for his face, it's fake to hide the scarred up version we've seen in the last few movies.

That's crazy wasn't expecting that.....I only request spoilers for films I have no interest in or not too eager to see chucky being one of them but Imma peep it just for that
    after credit spoiler alone

My main issue with the chucky series was how they wrote off Andy's mom, they're reason for her absence in Child's Play 2 didn't add up due to how part 1 ended. I would of expected those two detectives from part 1 to back her up in some way to keep her from being thrown in a institution and having Andy taken away from her. Always thought she played the role as Andy's mother real well and thought she deserved to be shown in the sequel.

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    I don't think the actress who played his mom wanted to do a sequel
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Watchin it now pretty solid so far
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    Options
    jennifer tilly could get it
  • clairvoyance
    Options
    Vader wrote: »

Well that explains it, saw this earlier today it was alright
    I didnt like the backstory/flashback sequence and how it tied into part 1,wish that was left out the movie,

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options

I didnt like the backstory/flashback sequence and how it tied into part 1,wish that was left out the movie,

What didn't u like .. kinda made sense to me
  • clairvoyance
    edited September 2013
    Options

What didn't u like .. kinda made sense to me
    I wasn't buying into chucky being someone "who had a thing for families". That whole ordeal with the flowers in the basement seemed way out of chuckys character. He must of made a 360 turn when he got in that doll cause chucky never seem like the type who could careless about families(that line was cheesy),even in a serial killer kind of way like stepdad. They made chuckys origin as some kind of crazy simp. And where was chuckys partner from part 1 when all this was happening in the basement,the driver that left him for dead?He was in the car the whole time. That semi origin story was weak imo. Plus I thought the family lived in the suburbs how did she end up in downtown chicago? I was hoping for a nice backstory in the reboot but they screwed that up
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man i thought they were going to ignore seed of chucky, that was embarrassing
  • Rondre Sleaze Twin
    Rondre Sleaze Twin Members Posts: 368 ✭✭
    Options
    Pretty good up there with oG trilogy
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles lee ray>>>
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looks interesting,.....glad they took out the intentional comedy and the staples out of Chucky's face....I'll probably buy this....but as far as the comedy goes....I was laughin hysterically when I saw Chucky pushin ole girls wheelchair...

in Horror Movies....

unintentional Comedy>>>>>>>>>intentional comedy
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since its available for DL I will peep it
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

manI watched this movie and liked it, didnt know there was a after credits scene. Gonna check it out.