Official 2013-2014 MIAMI HEAT Thread

Options

Comments

• zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I expect Bosh to lead us in points...when it comes to assists...maybe Wade. Rebounds...Bosh.

Wade will lead assists avg but only play 50 games
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I expect Bosh to lead us in points...when it comes to assists...maybe Wade. Rebounds...Bosh.

Naw I think its Birdman with the rebounds but who would lead in steals
  • zerocool
    Options
    south4life wrote: »

Super rio
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How the hell is bird gonna average 7+ rebounds coming off the bench? Lol deng gonna average more than him and probably will be the same as wade
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they don't start Birdman, they're done already.
  • south4life
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

How the hell is bird gonna average 7+ rebounds coming off the bench? Lol deng gonna average more than him and probably will be the same as wade

Just like he did coming off the bench this season
  • Beta
    edited July 2014
    Options
    If they don't start Birdman, they're done already.

hes not starting as bosh is most likely start at C with tapia at the 4

Just like he did coming off the bench this season

nah he lead the team in boards....

most likely will go...

bosh
    deng
    birdman
    wade/tapia
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    How would you rank our recent accomplishments...

The back to back titles, the 4 straight Finals and the 27 game winning streak.
  • Beta
    Options
    Rank as far as what? Those 3 and in what order you mean?

Umm the 4 straight finals, 27 game W streak, and back to back rings I guess..

It's hard because they are all kinda equally amazing

I could easily put 27 games last because it's reg season though
  • infamous114
    Options
    Ranking of how impressive they are.
  • infamous114
    Options
    780x521_micky_arison_140728.jpg?itok=z3XxYU6k

A Message to HEAT Nation from Micky Arison

While what your Miami HEAT has accomplished in the last four years has been historic, there’s a bigger picture that more clearly defines the success we have enjoyed as a franchise. Since I took control of the team in 1995 and brought Pat Riley in to run our Basketball Operations, the HEAT has made the Playoffs in 16 of those 19 full seasons, with five Eastern Conference titles and three NBA championships highlighting those Playoff appearances. The HEAT are one of only seven teams to have won a championship during that span and, of those seven teams, we are one of only four teams to win multiple championships. To get an even better idea of our record of excellence, consider that of the six NBA franchises established at or around the time the HEAT joined the NBA, only one other team has even appeared in the NBA Finals, with only the HEAT winning an NBA title.

From blockbuster trades for Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway and Shaquille O’Neal, to drafting Dwyane Wade, all of whom are future Hall of Famers, to executing the most significant free agency acquisitions in league history when we acquired Chris Bosh, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, your Miami HEAT have established themselves as an elite NBA franchise and have maintained a consistent level of on-court excellence, defining our legacy as a championship organization. The fact that we have done all of this before celebrating our 30th Anniversary points out that we are the youngest NBA franchise to achieve this type of success and one of only 15 NBA franchises to win an NBA championship in the league’s 68-year history. And while those accomplishments speak for themselves, I’m here to tell you something else: we are not done; not even close.

Pat Riley is fond of saying that the only thing you can count on in life is change and those that embrace change are best prepared to emerge successfully. So while the names on the back of the jersey may change from time to time, the constant presence of the name “Miami” or “HEAT” on the front guarantees that our goal remains the same: to put a competitive team on the floor capable of competing for the ultimate prize. As a Miami HEAT fan, this is what you have come to expect from us. We are laser-focused on the present and the task at hand of defending our Eastern Conference championship with the East being described as “wide open,” while also positioning ourselves for maximum flexibility and maneuverability in the future.

Our returning core, led by three-time NBA champions Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem, two-time champion and nine-time NBA All-Star Chris Bosh, two-time champions Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole and NBA champion and fan-favorite Chris “Birdman” Andersen have once again shown their commitment to winning by doing what is necessary for the benefit of the team. In addition, we welcome NBA All-Stars Luol Deng and Danny Granger, versatile veteran big man Josh McRoberts, two-time NCAA champion Shabazz Napier and exciting young talents like James Ennis and Justin Hamilton, who are coming off of very impressive showings at both the Orlando and Las Vegas NBA Summer Leagues. Our roster is comprised of players capable of versatility and who are out to prove something to the rest of the league.

Like Dwyane said when he announced his return to the HEAT, I am a #HEATLifer. That’s how I want you to feel about your role as a Miami HEAT fan -- that you are a #HEATLifer – “all in” with us for what is sure to be an exciting 2014-15 season and an incredibly bright future where we will look to add to our three NBA championships.

Micky Arison
    #HEATLifer
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let Hamilton get some ? burn. Udonis is done my G's
  • south4life
    Options
    4 straight Finals, 27 win streak and Back to Back titles
  • Beta
    Options
    Any guy y'all want us to still get at this point?
  • south4life
    Options

Would love to see Greg Monroe in MIA but that ain't happening if we aren't bringing Oden back then go after Okafor and we still need a shooting guard but who out there
  • Beta
    Options

Would love to see Greg Monroe in MIA but that ain't happening if we aren't bringing Oden back then go after Okafor and we still need a shooting guard but who out there

Douglas-roberts( who we actually looked at...smh), Jordan Crawford, dahntay Jones, Chris singleton, Jordan Crawford, marshon brooks, Shawn Marion but can't play SG
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I always said if the heat won 3 straight, I would be fine with lebron leaving, but 2 and going to tbe finals 4 staight yrs is good enough, it was fun, these 4 yrs went be real fast but we at least got lebron when he was at his best, not saying he's gonna start to decline anytime soon but what he did in these 4 yrs was nothing short of amazing
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    Looks like cavs @ heat on xmas
  • infamous114
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

I always said if the heat won 3 straight, I would be fine with lebron leaving, but 2 and going to tbe finals 4 staight yrs is good enough, it was fun, these 4 yrs went be real fast but we at least got lebron when he was at his best, not saying he's gonna start to decline anytime soon but what he did in these 4 yrs was nothing short of amazing

You didn't answer the question lol
  • TheBoyRo
    Options

Lol my bad

1. 4 straight finals, something that hadn't been done since the late 80s, and to think in the conference finals, 2 game 7s and a 6 game series was impressive and to only have a eh performance from lebron away from winning 3 straight was amazing

2. 27 game winning streak, didn't matter who they faced or what "era" this was in the NBA, winning 27 straight is ? hard, ? gets to u, yet they still did it and i was happy when they finally lost to the bulls, they streak to me may never get the respect it deserves

3 back to back titles, we all knew they were gonna win multiple titles, just matter of how many, if u think about it, lebron probably should have won the MVP all 4 yrs he was here, all the ? he had to go thru and all the heavy lifting, but he's a deserving champ
  • zerocool
    Options
    Looks like cavs @ heat on xmas

Hopefully wade will be healthy.....
  • zerocool
    Options

Lol my bad

1. 4 straight finals, something that hadn't been done since the late 80s, and to think in the conference finals, 2 game 7s and a 6 game series was impressive and to only have a eh performance from lebron away from winning 3 straight was amazing

2. 27 game winning streak, didn't matter who they faced or what "era" this was in the NBA, winning 27 straight is ? hard, ? gets to u, yet they still did it and i was happy when they finally lost to the bulls, they streak to me may never get the respect it deserves

3 back to back titles, we all knew they were gonna win multiple titles, just matter of how many, if u think about it, lebron probably should have won the MVP all 4 yrs he was here, all the ? he had to go thru and all the heavy lifting, but he's a deserving champ

I agree with your views.....still when I analyze it...I still think they underachieved...... losing to Dallas was terrible
  • Beta
    Options
    It's funny all three of us ranked the achievements the same exact way
  • infamous114
    edited July 2014
    Options
This discussion has been closed.