Watch Dogs Delayed Until Spring 2014

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ubisoft's open-world game Watch Dogs has been pushed back to spring of 2014, the company just announced on their blog.
Our ambition from the start with Watch_Dogs has been to deliver something that embodies what we wanted to see in the next-generation of gaming. It is with this in mind that we’ve made the tough decision to delay the release until Spring 2014.

We know a lot of you are probably wondering ‘why now?’ We struggled with whether we would delay the game. But from the beginning, we have adopted the attitude that we will not compromise on quality. As we got closer to release, as all the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place in our last push before completion, it became clear to us that we needed to take the extra time to polish and fine tune every detail so we can deliver a truly memorable and exceptional experience.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you. We thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the way you respond on the web, at events, press conferences and during other opportunities we have to interact. Your passion is what drives us.

We can’t wait to see you in Chicago next Spring. We are confident you’ll love this game as much as we love working on it.

http://kotaku.com/watch-dogs-delayed-until-spring-2014-1445647171

Comments

• RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That was all psychobabblebullshit for

"We don't wanna keep gettin overlooked for gta"
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    code for GTA ? us over lol ? aint slick
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One less game I was gonna buy for next gen launch.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    BOMBACLOT! Guess 1 month ain't long enough to be in Los Santos.

MMPH!
  • focus
    Options
    Good news as far as i'm concerned. Nov 22nd is already crazy as is for me...

XBOX One
    Super Mario 3D World
    TLOZ: A Link Between Worlds
    Killer Instinct
    COD: Ghosts
    Ryse
    Dead Rising 3

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    ? I wanted to play in Chicago. Oh well I probably could some of the stuff on there in real life
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL like everyone said already, G.T.A. V!!!! Also something else somebody already said, hella ? dropping around that time. Ubi soft are also dropping assassins creed 4 black flag around that time.
    ? I wanted to play in Chicago. Oh well I probably could some of the stuff on there in real life
    I know you love your city and all. But chicago aint an interesting enough city bruh. Aint nobody trying to play in chicago lol.

• RawAce
    Options
    I don't wanna play a game like this in Chicago but I would luv a gritty/street game

Somethin like what snoop and John singleton were tryna do
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh well...

I checked amazon and they have the release date for June 30th of next yr. Summertime release don't matter to me either way. Smart business move with GTA V still selling, Arkham Origins dropping next Friday, & WWE 2K14/AC: Black Flag coming out 4 days after that. Not to mention XB1 & PS3 right around the corner.

Bottomline, the 2013 holiday season for the gaming industry is stacked with releases. Ubisoft made the right move by delaying Watch Dogs imo. For me WWE 2K14 is probably gone be the last game I buy this year unless, it's some serious deals for Black Friday this year.
  • willhustle
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    I don't wanna play a game like this in Chicago but I would luv a gritty/street game

Somethin like what snoop and John singleton were tryna do

I remember that and they canceled it out the blue.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm ? because I was looking forward to this.

Can't blame them though. They would be competing with themselves dropping AC4 in the same window.
  • willhustle
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    I'm ? because I was looking forward to this.

Can't blame them though. They would be competing with themselves dropping AC4 in the same window.

Actually, AC IV don't drop until the 29th. Watch Dogs was suppose to drop on Nov. 19th. That's like a 3 week spread from release dates.
  • RawAce
    Options
    Don't matter what the 2013 date was,
    They weren't gonna win regardless
  • focus
    Options
    I can't see them moving it all the way to Q2 2014 just because of GTA 5. Maybe Jan or Feb, but not April - June like they did.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    I can't see them moving it all the way to Q2 2014 just because of GTA 5. Maybe Jan or Feb, but not April - June like they did.

Agreed ....... they already knew GTA's release date before they announced this. Don't think anybody seriously expected to compete with GTA. Either the game is really not finished, or they spreading out their own release windows and letting AC4 take the holiday season as this is their annual release time.

• qtipp73
    qtipp73 Members Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bottom line. They saw where GTA 5 shined and said we need to add some of that ? to our game. Same thing NBA Live 14 about to go through