focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    ? damn is that in-game?

All of it
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • focus
    Options
    but...its made by crytek... so we already know the game gon be pretty but lacking in substance...

I'm not a fan of Crysis but, honestly, for a launch game...who cares? Yea, a few of the launch games look nice compared to current gen with some little bells and whistles...but Ryse and Killzone are the only ones that really make you take notice of the new consoles. There is something to be said for that at launch. Ryse has mixed reviews, but its a new IP and the game could still turn out to be pretty good. The problem with Killzone is, its also in the "pretty ? " camp...but Shadow Fall is the 6th Killzone game. Why is the gameplay still terrible?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • focus
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gameplay videos should start popping up soon enough. Can't wait to see them.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    The combat video WAS gameplay.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options

You mean the one from E3? crytek said that the engine was still unpolished and that the game was not yet finished by that point so it wasn't a real indicator of what gameplay in the final product would look like. Now this new trailer here has quick gameplay glimpses but I'm talking about an extended gameplay video showcasing a full 5 to 10 minute run of live gameplay.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not impressed with this game, feels like heavenly sword meets ? of war. Been there, done that
  • focus
    Options
    Microsoft’s Albert Penello had the following to share on the new trailer on popular gaming site NeoGAF:

"You have to remember nobody outside Microsoft has seen this version of the game. Any other people who have played it are referencing the demo we’ve been showing from E3, Gamescom and PAX. – pre GPU and CPU upgrade. Same goes for any of the Forza footage. That’s what’s on the betas people have, and that’s what’s on the tour.

When Phil showed me this trailer a few weeks ago, I was telling him this better be the real thing. I was told directly this was taken from XBO builds, with the exception of unlocking the camera for the battle scenes to make it more dramatic.

So this is the real thing."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86495482&postcount=1025
  • focus
    Options
    Ryse-web-series.png
    Ryse: Son of Rome could be getting the live-action web series treatment courtesy of Crytek and Microsoft. The show was reportedly teased over on the game’s homepage on Xbox.com, but the image seems to have been pulled. See it here.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/25/ryse...rosoft-report/
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This game makes me want to go cop a punk ass X-Box.
  • focus
    edited October 2013
    Options
  • focus
    Options
    Yet another new trailer. They dropping these things daily now it seems. Game just keeps looking better and better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnce_mKlmpw
  • focus
    edited November 2013
    Options
  • focus
    Options

You mean the one from E3? crytek said that the engine was still unpolished and that the game was not yet finished by that point so it wasn't a real indicator of what gameplay in the final product would look like. Now this new trailer here has quick gameplay glimpses but I'm talking about an extended gameplay video showcasing a full 5 to 10 minute run of live gameplay.

Palace:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcY85eNnAwE

Glott:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO4gd70Zkho

York:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZv1NcvPt9A
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ryse: Son Of Rome Is As Fun As Dialing Phone Numbers

If you’ve ever watched Lost, you’re familiar with the character of Desmond Hume. The former monk was stranded on the series’ mysterious island, and was tasked with repeatedly pressing the same series of buttons on a keyboard for weeks at a time. Why he had to do that is still pretty confusing to me (as is the rest of the series), but I was reminded of Desmond’s task for the duration of my time with the demo for Ryse: Son of Rome. I spent two hours with the Xbox One title, but it felt like I was entering random numbers into a computer rather than actually playing a video game.

It’s clear what Microsoft and developer Crytek are shooting for here. At launch, they want a big budget, epic action game that clearly demonstrates next-gen visuals. Ryse is undeniably pretty, but that’s about all it had going for it in this demo. After a painfully generic story intro, the game began teaching me similarly uninspired combat mechanics. While it tries to sound like an in-depth action game with familiar elements like perfectly-timed blocks and focus meters, the actual experience is anything but deep.

I’m hoping that later levels introduce some more difficult enemies, as the dozens of encounters I had consisted of all the complexity of dialing phone numbers. Almost every fight started with me hitting the attack button a couple of times, then pushing the enemy in an effort to stop him from breaking my combo. Then, I’d continue attacking until he was weak enough for the execution sequence. Once this occurs, the game slows down and the enemy flashes various colors. You press the face button of the appropriate color, and your protagonist Marius dismembers or murders the foe in dramatic fashion.

It’s so basic and predictable, I began testing to see if I could get past most combat situations with one hand. With my left hand completely off the controller, I was able to slice and dice through tons of enemies simply by inputting the same sequence ad nauseum. On a couple of occasions, the game would shift to sequences that involved me defending an area with crossbow stations or ordering my men to block arrows with their shields. These were somehow even less exciting than the tedious swordplay.

When I sat down at the Ryse: Son of Rome station, I was a fairly blank slate when it came to knowledge of the title. I knew it was developed by the talented team at Crytek, and I knew it was gorgeous based on the videos I had seen at conventions, so I was prepared to be impressed. What I didn’t expect was a desire to get up and leave the demo about ten minutes in. I stuck it out in hopes that it would prove itself a deeper experience over time, but its only success was ensuring my wallet will be $60 heavier when the Xbox One launches.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ryse_son_of_rome/b/xboxone/archive/2013/11/06/ryse-son-of-rome-is-as-fun-as-dialing-phone-numbers.aspx
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see the problem here, i can play ? of war and batman with one hand as well.