Avatar To Start Production This Time Next Year

Options
themadlionsfan
themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sam Worthington Says Avatar Sequels Will Shoot Fall of 2014
Actor says the films will shoot simultaneously.
by Max Nicholson OCTOBER 18, 2013
SUBMIT TWEET SHARE +1 SHARE
As filmmaker James Cameron continues developing Avatars 2, 3, and 4, franchise star Sam Worthington gave an update on the upcoming sequels, revealing that production will begin this time next year.

"They are still writing it," the actor told the Fitzy & Wippa show on NovaFM. "We are going to start this time next year, and we will do two, three and four. In one shot, we'll do them simultaneously. I'll be grateful if it finishes."

Sam Worthington (left) and Zoe Saldana (right) in Avatar
Sam Worthington (left) and Zoe Saldana (right) in Avatar

Avatar 2 is scheduled to hit theaters in December 2016, with Avatar 3 slated for December 2017, and Avatar 4 the year after that.

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wat da ? have they been doing
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hmmm interesting...

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doubt any of those will arrive on schedule. If any, maybe the first. Avatar 4 will come out by the time I'm starting my own family
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didnt really like the first one too much. Hopefully all these ones wont be 3 hours of glowing plants.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Wat da ? have they been doing

Likely conceptualizing new tech. James Cameron doesn't just make movies for the sake of making them. He makes movies to help revolutionize the way they're being made with new tech and new methods and push filmmaking forward. Look through his resume, all of his movies innovated a lot of new methods from the use of innovative special effects to the structure & presentation of actions set pieces.

I don't mind that he's making an Avatar 2 but I do wish he would just go ahead and make Battle Angel Alita finally instead of making Avatar 3 and Avatar 4. He's not getting any younger and he usually takes years between movies.