Rate My Rap Name (Worth Seeing)

Options
Relik
Relik Members Posts: 2
edited August 2010 in Roc The Mic Audio
Well my appearance:-

vanillaicejr4.jpg

I pretty look like Vanilla ice. Just a Lil' Bit broader face that's all.
I'm 19yrs old | White. Wanna do rapping but first I've gotta rap name to create.

So here it is:- Relik
88965671.png
19285460.png
74946809.png

So how it is?? I want my RAP name as unique as possible. The name comes from the word "Killer" said backwards.I took out extra 'L' to sound more unique.Pretty cool i guess..

how'd you feel about this name? Is it unique? Is is cool to say? and most important..

Will you buy a white rapper's album with a RAP name called ReLIK?

Cause I wanna proceed with this rap name and find a good recording Deal. Cuz When it's decided it's Done. In case if you didn't find this RAP name worthy guess me another one.Also tell me how to Invent a great rap name! PLease ~ It's worth knowledge for everybody..(Some of the most obstacles a rapper faces is how to find a good rap name)

I don't want a rap name with prefix such as Lil' | Young etc.. (Be unique Guys)

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? your name drop a verse
  • Relik
    Relik Members Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? your name drop a verse

yeah man, I'm currently doing a mix-tape and release it ASAP. But I'm little sensitive on my RAP name cuz it's the word everyone calls me, Hit me back yo"
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'm moving this to RTM Audio but I'd say you're gonna need another meaning behind the name for people to really take you seriously. Killer spelled backwards just don't make it "hit". Look up the word "relic" in the dictionary and tell me if that's a word that you want your music to be associated with. If so, use your music to redefine the word itself, much like Ludacris did.....
  • Beast_Side
    Beast_Side Members Posts: 779
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I hate to be the one to tell you this, but if you look like a chubby Vanilla Ice...you preparing for a loss already. You better be able to spit & have good material.
  • Krayzazz1
    Krayzazz1 Members Posts: 60
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I thought it was cool until the whole "killer" thing. im tired of rappers tryna have this "gangster" image. I dont know you personally but i doubt your a killer. Maybe you are idk. My point is if your not jus b yourself youll get further. Dont take offense bruh no disrespect. Jus keepin it 100 wit ya.

keep grindin
  • CJxFLO
    CJxFLO Members Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I think it would be more unique if you put both "LL"s on your name so it really does spell killer backwards.
  • Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ohh hes a fine lil white boy..lmaoo naw let me stop but umm i wouldnt use killer though we got enough crazys in the game allready try to be unique sweety...like mines is aquafina or aquafina "floe" my real name is aquina it kinda sounds like a qeen a lil bit... and i flow not realy rap im more smoooth old school straight hip hop so its like the aquafina water and the flow of water how it just goes lmaoooo im soo silly but think and you will get somethin...

Relik wrote: »

vanillaicejr4.jpg

I'm 19yrs old | White. Wanna do rapping but first I've gotta rap name to create.

88965671.png
    19285460.png
    74946809.png

So how it is?? I want my RAP name as unique as possible. The name comes from the word "Killer" said backwards.I took out extra 'L' to sound more unique.Pretty cool i guess..

how'd you feel about this name? Is it unique? Is is cool to say? and most important..

Cause I wanna proceed with this rap name and find a good recording Deal. Cuz When it's decided it's Done. In case if you didn't find this RAP name worthy guess me another one.Also tell me how to Invent a great rap name! PLease ~ It's worth knowledge for everybody..(Some of the most obstacles a rapper faces is how to find a good rap name)

• Tha Killa
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ohh hes a fine lil white boy..lmaoo naw let me stop but umm i wouldnt use killer though we got enough crazys in the game allready try to be unique sweety...like mines is aquafina or aquafina "floe" and i flow not realy rap im more smoooth old school straight hip hop so its like the aquafina water and the flow of water how it just goes lmaoooo im soo silly but think and you will get somethin...

English ? , do you speak it?

Nah, I'm just ? ' with you. There are a lot of people/rappers with the name Aquafina Flow/Floe though. Some rap names work best when it's naturally given to the person as a nickname, or as a result of their reaction to the way that person spits. In retrospect, Relik has potential to be a good name, but it's kind bland without being able to hear his music. Not to mention the whole "Killer spelled backwards" thing won't fly in true Hip-Hop circles.

Oh, and I wouldn't use my gov't name so flippantly on this site if I were you. Just a heads up.
  • independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Relik wrote: »

vanillaicejr4.jpg

88965671.png
    19285460.png
    74946809.png

Names mean nothing.. if they remember your verses, they will remember your name..
    Calling yaself something that you not.. WILL hurt you....
    Avoid the embarassment and Go by what ya boys call you..
  • Aquafinafloe
    edited August 2010
    Options
    l0l i speak perfect english i just dont like using FANBOYS and punctuations and proper conjunctions unless i realy have to or if im typing up something that is very benificial such as a resume coverletter recommendation or a school topic...anywho he is right about a name that is giving to you..l0l i been clled aquafina all my life when someone makes a joke about my real name or somethin..or they will say acquaintance...floe came becuase my style is soo unique beautiful and deep or it can get crazy wierd and rushed...ima bipolar chick.,...l0l arent the most of us u will know when it comes...
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    English ? , do you speak it?

Nah, I'm just ? ' with you. There are a lot of people/rappers with the name Aquafina Flow/Floe though. Some rap names work best when it's naturally given to the person as a nickname, or as a result of their reaction to the way that person spits. In retrospect, Relik has potential to be a good name, but it's kind bland without being able to hear his music. Not to mention the whole "Killer spelled backwards" thing won't fly in true Hip-Hop circles.

Oh, and I wouldn't use my gov't name so flippantly on this site if I were you. Just a heads up.
  • contemplate
    contemplate Members Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    it was coo till the killer backwards part
  • Tha Killa
    edited August 2010
    Options
    l0l i speak perfect english i just dont like using FANBOYS and punctuations and proper conjunctions unless i realy have to or if im typing up something that is very benificial such as a resume coverletter recommendation or a school topic...anywho he is right about a name that is giving to you..l0l i been clled aquafina all my life when someone makes a joke about my real name or somethin..or they will say acquaintance...floe came becuase my style is soo unique beautiful and deep or it can get crazy wierd and rushed...ima bipolar chick.,...l0l arent the most of us u will know when it comes...

I was kidding about the "English ? do you speak it" thing. It's a line from Pulp Fiction, if you haven't seen it before. I thought you'd catch the reference.

And all that is find and dandy, but it's the lyrics that make one remember an MC's name more than anything. It all boils down to if he is skilled as an MC or not.

And I still say it ain't a good idea to use your gov't name here so flippantly 'cause people are known for trying to ruin people here, through hacking and other nefarious ? . Just tryin' to give you a heads up.

Why don't you drop a keystyle in RTM? I don't believe we've had a female post there yet. Before you make a thread, you're gonna have to read the rules though.
  • contemplate
    contemplate Members Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i won't listen to tha joker because of his name even tho people say he's nice.
  • Aquafinafloe
    edited August 2010
    Options
    im sooo shyyyyyyywhen it comes to my music i am very very very very sensitive its like my greatest achievment in the world next to my daughter and if somebody trys to touch that....oh we on like donkey kong!!! l0l but i geuss i will put somethin down sheeesh the only gurl thats harsh!
    I was kidding about the "English ? do you speak it" thing. It's a line from Pulp Fiction, if you haven't seen it before. I thought you'd catch the reference.

And all that is find and dandy, but it's the lyrics that make one remember an MC's name more than anything. It all boils down to if he is skilled as an MC or not.

And I still say it ain't a good idea to use your gov't name here so flippantly 'cause people are known for trying to ruin people here, through hacking and other nefarious ? . Just tryin' to give you a heads up.

Why don't you drop a keystyle in RTM? I don't believe we've had a female post there yet. Before you make a thread, you're gonna have to read the rules though.
  • Tha Killa
    edited August 2010
    Options
    im sooo shyyyyyyywhen it comes to my music i am very very very very sensitive its like my greatest achievment in the world next to my daughter and if somebody trys to touch that....oh we on like donkey kong!!! l0l but i geuss i will put somethin down sheeesh the only gurl thats harsh!

How are you a rapper that's sensitive/shy about their music. Constructive criticism is the only thing that'll make you get better.

Why don't you write a keystyle about her and post it in RTM? Just remember to read the rules first and give feedback on 2 other drops before you make the thread. And RTM's always been male dominated, but there were always a few chicks who'd post feedback in the threads back in the day. Now it's dead and I can't remember the last time a woman stepped foot in there. You should really drop a keystyle there if you want folks to help you improve your writing.

Btw, RTM is for keystyles only, so if you have audio, the only time I'll allow audio in RTM is if you also post the lyrics to whatever is in the audio/video you posted. Just a heads up.
  • Aquafinafloe
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ohh no dont get it wrong sweety i can accept all the critisim in the world and still do my thang!! i stay in wa state niccas out here strive soo hard to try and put it on the map and become mainsteam it is just sad...then there arent any females out here at all like that! at least none that realy sparked my interest men are dominateing seattle/tacoma but arent realy getting nowhere at least thats what it looks like to me l0l is it all of our rain?! ok but umm so what if i like post just the lyrics thats ok right? cause im not back in the studio right now with my job schooling etc..its hard work to improvise i have my first performance coming up though on august 14th out here and i will post that also ;)
    How are you a rapper that's sensitive/shy about their music. Constructive criticism is the only thing that'll make you get better.

Why don't you write a keystyle about her and post it in RTM? Just remember to read the rules first and give feedback on 2 other drops before you make the thread. And RTM's always been male dominated, but there were always a few chicks who'd post feedback in the threads back in the day. Now it's dead and I can't remember the last time a woman stepped foot in there. You should really drop a keystyle there if you want folks to help you improve your writing.

Btw, RTM is for keystyles only, so if you have audio, the only time I'll allow audio in RTM is if you also post the lyrics to whatever is in the audio/video you posted. Just a heads up.
  • Tha Killa
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ohh no dont get it wrong sweety i can accept all the critisim in the world and still do my thang!! i stay in wa state niccas out here strive soo hard to try and put it on the map and become mainsteam it is just sad...then there arent any females out here at all like that! at least none that realy sparked my interest men are dominateing seattle/tacoma but arent realy getting nowhere at least thats what it looks like to me l0l is it all of our rain?! ok but umm so what if i like post just the lyrics thats ok right? cause im not back in the studio right now with my job schooling etc..its hard work to improvise i have my first performance coming up though on august 14th out here and i will post that also ;)

Ok. Just posting the lyrics is perfect. Good luck with your gig.
  • JefftheProducer
    JefftheProducer Members Posts: 23
    edited August 2010
    Options
    who really cares