Ether for fat kids. Woman to give 'obese' children letters, no candy

Options
124»

Comments

• Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack. She should give them candy just like everyone else.

Lace theirs with cyanide first though.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    I used to bully this fat kid in my class back in the 4th grade.

we sent to his moms describing how fat her child is.

Needless to say, seen him the other day and he was skinnier

So basically, you can't say ? to him anymore. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't shaming that helped him lose weight, more like knowledge and dedication.
    Kat wrote: »

Um, needless to say MOST kids slim up with age.

lol..what you thought it was the letters you lil hooligans sent to his mom?

naah im pretty sure it was the fat letters
  • Gucci Scott King
    Gucci Scott King Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't do all that, just give them 100 calorie snacks or a box of raisins
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that lady house is gonna be fucced up before the night is thru, it prolly wont even be kids eggin her ? its gonna be the parents.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shaming, humiliation, etc. never works to help someone out. Yeah, this lady wants to bully the kids. It won't accomplish anything except ruin their nights, but again, that's probably the goal. People have this innate desire to lower other people. How does she know the kids are not already on a weight loss program? Last, but not least, Halloween happens once a year. ? idea from ? ? . I hate when people think they have authority to give advice when they don't know what the ? they are doing/talking about.

not shaming hasn't worked. Being nice about it has only made things worse.

If you think fat people aren't shamed constantly, you live under a rock. Take this thread for example.

naw, not to the degree that it needs to happen.

In the early 80's, fat shaming was everywhere, thus men and women tried their damnedest to stay fit. Gyms popped up everywhere, jogging became the thing to do, workout tapes were all the rage.

Then we became a more "politically correct" society. At the same time, we became an overly indulgent society.

Now, it's no longer "PC" to call a fat person fat. We encourage gluttony. We embrace XXL+.

all thanks to people like you.

How much worse does it need to be? The way they're treated by the opposite sex isn;t enough. The way they are passed over for jobs isn't enough? Bullied their entire life isn't enough? What haven't we covered here? All thanks to people like me? Oh because I recognize that bullying fat people doesn't work, I and people like me have caused a pc shift that means fat people get trashed every where they go. Makes perfect sense. You seem to be making correlations between a pc society and how it's caused more people to become fat, but if shaming something worked, why is it that prohibition didn't work? Why is weed illegal, yet everyone uses it? Why is being a ? the most popular thing since sliced bread, while being the most shamed thing in society?

Make sense next time.

Shaming very much does work, it was the go-to method for keeping women chaste pre-marriage for the majority of human history up until very recently when everything became super pc.

I shamed myself into dropping 150+ lbs all by myself. One of the best decisions I've ever made. Unless youve ever been 300+ lbs then dropped almost half your bodyweight and kept it off for 5+ years then I'd say that I have a bit more experience with this subject than u

• Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So basically, you can't say ? to him anymore. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't shaming that helped him lose weight, more like knowledge and dedication.
    Kat wrote: »

Um, needless to say MOST kids slim up with age.

lol..what you thought it was the letters you lil hooligans sent to his mom?

naah im pretty sure it was the fat letters
    Word. Fat children are much more likely to become fat adults.

Kat is wrong. You saved that man's life.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That aint the time for this ? to try to prove a point..
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Being tactful is a lost art
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I guess that's one of the MAIN reasons why kids from this generation are the fattest in any generation: their enabling-ass parents and the ? -ton of excuses they create to keep from accepting responsibility.

Then again, these are the same weak-ass parents that actually got upset of Michelle Obama's genuine attempt to encourage kids with her fit and healthy campaign, that was somewhat derailed with that ? "bullying" cop-out, so I don't see how this action would create any less "outrage" in them.

? -ass parents begat ? -ass kids. THAT's the moral of the story here. I applaud this lady for her effort.