Man, Scott Storch sounds more Dre, than Dre him damn self!

Options
KLICHE
KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
I never gave much notice to Storch prodcued, co-produced beats.. had always heard of what he does behind the scenes for alot of music and hits we've heard..

Thought I'd check out a Scott Storch mixtape, fan made, and was like WTF, I coulda sworn had I not known, I was listening to Dre's music, but realized, Scott Storch IS the REAL 'Dr.Dre' lol

Dre is the man, respect what he has done, but once again, as many have said here before, Storch is severely underated

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feelings are coming. Dre owes a lot of his success to Storch. Too bad Storch decided to be a coke head sugar daddy for LOL Kim and she burnt through his money.
  • KLICHE
    edited October 2013
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Feelings are coming. Dre owes a lot of his success to Storch. Too bad Storch decided to be a coke head sugar daddy for LOL Kim and she burnt through his money.

lol Yeah they will be! But I can say I AM a fan of Dre's music, no doubt whatsoever, it is what it is. Coke done ? alot of talented people up, and maybe Storch's best days are behind I'm not sure.. haven't seen what he has done recently..

Must be some feelings felt by Storch when he sees the Dr collect so many accolades over time

• KLICHE
    Options
    Ben E wrote: »
    KLICHE wrote: »
    I never gave much notice to Storch prodcued, co-produced beats.. had always heard of what he does behind the scenes for alot of music and hits we've heard..

Thought I'd check out a Scott Storch mixtape, fan made, and was like WTF, I coulda sworn had I not known, I was listening to Dre's music, but realized, Scott Storch IS the REAL 'Dr.Dre' lol

Dre is the man, respect what he has done, but once again, as many have said here before, Storch is severely underated

He's just a piano man...

lol I can dig that!

For me, like a beat laced with some piano melody! No lie
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ben E wrote: »

He's just a piano man...

lol I can dig that!

For me, like a beat laced with some piano melody! No lie

That was a Timbaland quote...

"I get a half a mil for my beats/You get a couple grand/ Never gonna see the day that I ain't got the upper hand/ I'm respected from Californ-i-a way down to Japan. I'm a real producer and you just a piano man." - Give It to Me
  • BenjaminE
    Options
    No disrespect to Scott Snorts, I mean Storch...
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Timbo is a better producer, but piano man >>> guy who makes random noises on the beats he produces
  • BenjaminE
    Options
    Timbo is a better producer, but piano man >>> guy who makes random noises on the beats he produces

? man
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Storch, next you'll be saying Eminem is the GOAT.

Storch beats are cool and all but ? that coked up wigga. I hate guys like him.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scott has TALENT. fucc his habits. That aint none of my bidness
  • KLICHE
    Options
    ? Storch, next you'll be saying Eminem is the GOAT.

Storch beats are cool and all but ? that coked up wigga. I hate guys like him.
    Well tell that trickin ass ? to release Detox then.

@Afro, na homie! I don't think even think Em rates as top 10.

@numbaz aiight! got him on speed dial.. I'ma holla at him!

lol
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been saying this ? .
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's like saying Quincy Jones owes his orchestra and musicians his career. Big difference in having vision (being a producer) and being a beatmaker/musician.
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    That's like saying Quincy Jones owes his orchestra and musicians his career. Big difference in having vision (being a producer) and being a beatmaker/musician.
    Where's Dre vision for Detox?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scott Storch was going to be one of the best to do it. He was making hit after hit. He was one of the few producers at the time who relied very little on samples and actually had traditional music training.

Now he's just that guy who had a nice run for a few years.

Still Dre is a top 20 beat of all time IMO
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scott Storch is a dope producer who had an incredible run. He gets a little too much credit for Dre's success though. Why? Because, songs like "Still Dre" only feature his keys. Any work he did on 2001 was as a musician and not as a producer or even a co-producer. Now Mel-Man, that's a different story, because his name appears on the back of 2001 with Dre's as "Produced by Dr. Dre and Mel-Man". Mel-Man co-produced the whole album with Dre with the exception of "The Message" which was done by Lord Finesse.

Storch even as a "piano man" laced some classics. He was the keyboardist for The Roots on some of their key albums. Of course he did work on 2001 and graduated to co-producing hits with Dr. Dre (most notably Eve's "Blow Your Mind" feat. Gwen Stefani). He then went on to co-producing with Timbaland from which JT's "Cry Me A Rive" is the product of. Then he branched out on his own and had that crazy run from '04-'07 including huge songs like "Lean Back", "Just A Lil' Bit", Mario's "Let Me Love You", and some others.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

that analogy makes no sense. it would be more appropriate to compare it to if jimi hendrix had another guitar player playing half the time.