Xbox One Cloud Updates May Force Mid-Game Reboot

Options
BlackxChild
BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
Microsoft has announced the Xbox One will require cloud updates on a regular basis, which could lead to the system rebooting without warning.

That's according to Xbox Live lead program manager John Bruno, who made the revelation during a presentation at GDC Next yesterday (via IGameReponsibly). Bruno explained that while work has been done to try and prevent the system rebooting in the middle of a game, Microsoft hasn't managed to eliminate the issue entirely.

It's possible, then, is that the cloud may have a weekly maintenance period scheduled during a convenient time for most gamers, such as in the early hours of Wednesday morning like many MMOs. We've reached out to Microsoft to see if there are any such plans in the pipeline and ask what happens if an emergency maintenance is needed, and will update the story as soon as we hear back.

Full Story: IGN

I tried tried to tell ya... Even when the cloud update does nothing while your inhale you might have to reboot funny thing is a lot of games won't even utilize the cloud... Told you guys this ? is to early I've talked to a few IT people whose companies utilize cloud services and there are bugs and a lot of these cloud services aren't really cloud services

Comments

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The 360 does this as well in a way.

Happened to me while playing GTAonline. Had some mission money I hadn't put in the bank yet and got kicked off the game for the first update they'd done. Basically restarted loading the disc.

Lost a good bit of change... I wasn't happy bout that.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    The 360 does this as well in a way.

Happened to me while playing GTAonline. Had some mission money I hadn't put in the bank yet and got kicked off the game for the first update they'd done. Basically restarted loading the disc.

Lost a good bit of change... I wasn't happy bout that.

Money doesn't have to be in the bank for you to still have it
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Live nerds will be ? when they get booted off of COD.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That overtime on yall check gon be fye ainnit?