Official XBOX One Dashboard Demo + Launch Day Apps

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in IllGaming
By Xbox Wire Staff posted November 08, 2013 at 3:00 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhe6jV-APwM

Fry-Shut-Up-and-Take-My-Money-Futurama.gif
Today, we’re also announcing the very first wave of some of the world’s biggest names in entertainment rolling out on Xbox One in the 13 launch markets between Nov. 22 at launch and spring 2014:

United States
Amazon Instant Video
Crackle
CWTV
ESPN
FOX NOW
FXNOW
HBO GO (coming soon)
Hulu Plus
Internet Explorer
Machinima
MUZU TV
Netflix
Redbox Instant by Verizon
SkyDrive
TED
The NFL on Xbox One
Twitch
Univision Deportes
Upload
Verizon FiOS TV
VUDU
Xbox Fitness
Xbox Music
Xbox Video

United Kingdom
4oD
Amazon\LOVEFiLM
blinkbox
Crackle
Demand 5
Eurosport
Internet Explorer
Machinima
MUZU TV
Netflix
NOW TV
SkyDrive
Twitch
Upload
Wuaki.tv
Xbox Fitness
Xbox Music
Xbox Video

The list above is just the first wave of third-party apps that are coming to Xbox One over the course of the next few months. We will continue to announce more apps coming to the platform and both the Xbox One and Xbox 360 entertainment app portfolios will continue to grow weekly.

With games, multiplayer gaming, live TV and the best entertainment apps, Xbox One is the most complete entertainment system.

Comments

• focus
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Damn that ? is nice!

Seems insane that we are a week out from the PS4 launch and Sony still hasn't demo'd its dashboard.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aw ? Vudu. Now I can watch the movies I watch on my internet TV. /s
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd say the XB1 will definitely be the better multimedia experience. That shouldn't surprise anyone though. M$ has been marketing the system as that since the very beginning, where Sony has been focusing on the gaming side.

And I'm also curious about Sony and the Dashboard/UI. They have the marketing material that shows off the functionality, but no in depth reviewer analysis like this. That's kinda odd given that the PS4 is already out there for the general public to play and demo, so you'd think someone would have done something like this. It might have something to do with that Day 1 update.
  • focus
    Options
    I'd say the XB1 will definitely be the better multimedia experience. That shouldn't surprise anyone though. M$ has been marketing the system as that since the very beginning, where Sony has been focusing on the gaming side.

And I'm also curious about Sony and the Dashboard/UI. They have the marketing material that shows off the functionality, but no in depth reviewer analysis like this. That's kinda odd given that the PS4 is already out there for the general public to play and demo, so you'd think someone would have done something like this. It might have something to do with that Day 1 update.

Yea. The whole "Sony is focused on games" thing is weird also since they have the worst of the two launch lineups. Really not sure what they have been doing since February? They could've saved the PS4 reveal until E3 or Gamescom even and we would still know the same amount of info as we do now. How are they going to preview games, the dashboard/UI, the camera functionality, apps/multimedia...basically everything, in one week? Another X1 embargo will be lifted on Tuesday so there will probably be more X1 news than PS4 news the week the PS4 is launching.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The most exciting thing about Sony is what they haven't shown us yet!
  • Karl.
    Options
    H hahahahahahahahahahaha!
  • focus
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ehhh I answered my own question. I went to Gamestop and played the PS4. The dashboard was real stripped down so I'm guessing it was in demo mode. So you can't really tell much about the UI. The DS4 is real nice though.
  • Karl.
    Options
    Everyone needs this machine,
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    At this point is silly to praise either company. Sony is being shady and tight lipped, but M$ is paying people to praise the XB1 and not mention it's faults. How is that any better?
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dang I might need to cop this
  • focus
    Options
    Target shipped 150 XBOX One's out early by accident. One guy (Twitter: @Moonlightswami) started posting all kinds of info and pictures.

Day One download size: 500mb.
    Customizing tile colors? He said he saw "every color in the rainbow and more"
    If you double tap the HOME button you can switch between snaps and the main focus.
    Holding Xbox Button has the turn off controller, turn off system option.
    Kinect cord is "LONG AF", like 6 feet or something, HDMI maybe 5? and power cord decently long as well.
    "I tried using Kinect to navigate. Its INSANE, my friend even could do commands through a Skype call on my computer."
    "The system is quieter than an air conditioner on low!"
    "After all this time, the console is a bit warm, but not hot at all. Still silent, really good sign"

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag - 20GB
    Battlefield 4 - 33GB (Source)
    Call of Duty: Ghosts - 39GB
    Crimson Dragon
    Dead Rising 3 - 19GB
    FIFA 14 - 8GB
    Fighter Within - 9.2GB (Source)
    Forza Motorsport 5 - 31GB
    Just Dance 2014 - 22GB
    Killer Instinct - 2.4GB (Source) // 3.4GB for full install, can play after downloading 2.4GB (Source)
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes
    Lococycle - 13GB
    Madden NFL 25 - 12GB
    NBA 2K14 - 43GB
    NBA Live 14 - 9GB
    Need for Speed: Rivals
    Powerstar Golf - 3.9GB (Source)
    Ryse: Son of Rome - 34GB
    Skylanders: Swap Force - 15GB
    Xbox Fitness - 246MB (Source)
    Zoo Tycoon - 2.6GB (Source)
    Zumba: World Party - 24GB

803a784dc06191c20f2eb82315be61bb.png
    83b82bf699c12d9dd8d4389fd4dd6eee.png
    11463e1b6ea51174213fa23577bef96e.png
    peB8Vi9.png
    1256780f09a97dce1788d9242d009feb.png
    e3e477bb001822fd19460d52abeb5daf.png
    Z6jA5rK.png
    tFuIWYf.png
    0525a9362e138e946053750f17fe1f07.png
    47f26e9a972e75e8b4b0e7da8a482314.png
    JFNgJhx.png

FfhbXV7.png?1

Gamerpics

d5ff88b7119d084fed6b86d467cdd308.png
    98b9fee9ddadee3fc37ed4b57467722c.png
    40a84fb76bea2b58b86338a878ab87ef.png
    37f707cc7119402528ab11bebf868a6f.png
    5f9c105e5ddeb8822cec7c125762c58b.png
    6d840939665e082fee5fc62cb3c49812.png
    22a517c1f270f4af1e245d7894a95fb3.png
    5d42ea4530ebe5777e301b1ce2de048a.png
    0be53d57fd8ce7c88b38e1f3c49cfaab.png
    dfcb6d629608c7f4af550360dacdc21e.png
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    500 GB hard drive with games those sizes SMMFH
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like i might be buyinh disks after all. I hope they don't force you to install them like the ps3 does.
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    ? makes no ? sense man ... i want to go all digi but unless externals dont have issues running games from them.. ?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like i might be buyinh disks after all. I hope they don't force you to install them like the ps3 does.

Most likely. Install was mandatory because BR doesn't read as quickly as CD's
  • focus
    Options
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    how the ? can ? not love all the NEW features ... i feel like im getting a new toy not an upgrade
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? clean af
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    The Xbox UI is built off of Windows 8. Everything it does, sans the voice and gesture control, should be expected from anyone who has ever used Windows 8. From a functionality standpoint, it's pretty impressive. But from a gaming standpoint who needs all that ? ? Just speaking for myself, when I'm playing a game, I'm playing a game. I don't need to have sports scores up on the side or be checking twitter feeds or none of that. I guess being able to snap to IE is useful if you're trying to follow a walkthrough or something, so that's good I guess. The rest of that stuff is pretty pointless. I'd put the fact that the XB1 still has mp3 playback and the PS4 doesn't as a bigger advantage than some of these other features they are showing off.
  • focus
    edited November 2013
    Options
    LOL. ? be playing real dumb. The X1 UI has a ton of potential functionality. Monk, Why can't you use the same imagination when thinking about snap and the XBOX One UI that you do when dreaming up features about the PS4 that don't exist?
  • Karl.
    Options
    It seems pointless because we've never had the option before. It's all about embracing the luxuries of #newtech.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol What features have I dreamed up for the PS4? When have I ever even said anything positive about the PS4 features for that matter? I don't give a ? about 90% of the ? they've showed for that system either. I just want to play games. All that other stuff is just fluff.

The XB1 UI is great if you're looking for a multimedia solution. I've already said on more than one occasion that it is undoubtedly the better option for that. I'm not looking for that. I've already got a laptop that I can connect to any TV in my house and do everything the XB1 does but better. All I want from a gaming console is to be able to game, and none of the features M$ keeps touting for the XB1 enhance that at all really. Most of the PS4's features don't either, but they are at least more centered gaming whereas the XB1 is clearly designed to be more diverse in capabilities.
  • focus
    Options
    What features have I dreamed up for the PS4? When have I ever even said anything positive about the PS4 features for that matter?

192706-metroid_backtracking.png
  • Karl.
    Options
    Lol @ dreaming up features.