Street Fighter announcement incoming for PlayStation 4? Watch this bizarre Hadouken Cabs teaser

Options
Bcotton5
Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIxFeq_OvkE

08_ps4sfteaser.jpg

Sony has put up a ridiculous and kind of awesome teaser for Hadouken Cabs. What this means exactly is up for debate. An email sent to VG247 this morning stated:

Don’t just call a cab! Call Hadouken Cabs! Hadouken Cabs. Knocking the competition out since 1987.

They also use the PS4 Twitter hashtag #4theplayers. Some of the Easter eggs shown in the video include a "PS1994" license plate on the taxi cab, a URL on the sign which points to this website, and the clip briefly shows the PS4 controller.

This teaser likely means that Sony has worked out some kind of deal for Street Fighter on the PlayStation 4, but that's only speculation at this point, as nothing has been officially confirmed, yet.

Comments

• genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Gives us an update to UMVC3 first
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    I hope it's a new game
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I`ll just play the first next gen fighter Killer Instinct instead of Street Fighter 4: Part 6: HD HD Edition.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Im thinking its some kind of online arcade (cabinet) collection/anthology
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    meh. could careless about this
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember Ono saying in a tweet last month that Capcom doesn't have the funds to bring a port of SF4 to the PS4.

Maybe Sony is stepping up to the plate to make it possible. SF series being a PS4 exclusive would be big for Sony.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    I remember Ono saying in a tweet last month that Capcom doesn't have the funds to bring a port of SF4 to the PS4.

Maybe Sony is stepping up to the plate to make it possible. SF series being a PS4 exclusive would be big for Sony.

Would be goat
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rumor is sf will be exclusive... Or maybe it's a sf game coming free like killer instinct
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

so Netherrealms can bring a port of injustice first day to ps4 but capcom cant make a port of a game that sold about 3x as much?
  • Bcotton5
    Options

so Netherrealms can bring a port of injustice first day to ps4 but capcom cant make a port of a game that sold about 3x as much?

I don't think they ever ruled out an ultra Street fighter 4 port
  • earth two superman
    Options
    I hope so. I don't play but it'd be great for those who do.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Capcom is cutting employees all over lol they really don't have funds right now
  • earth two superman
    Options
    So that's why they needed MS for dead rising 3 lol
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    Options
    There was a big article a few months back saying Capcom is down to 150 million in the bank.

Ono said they don't even have the resources to make a next gen port of Ultra SF4.

Capture6.png
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    Options

Netherrealms has the machine known as Time Warner behind it which is worth about 70 billion.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    Oh that's right, tw bought them out.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

they just said SF is never coming to wii u though lmao
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

they just said SF is never coming to wii u though lmao

? who gonna buy SF4 on the Wii
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Ryu and Hadouken Cabs return in another live-action PlayStation 4 commercial - more Street Fighter teasers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dR28fXFDMI

Sony uploaded a new live-action commercial for the PlayStation 4 that features another appearance by Ryu from Street Fighter. Last week, we reported on a bizarre trailer that advertised something called, "PS4 Hadouken Cabs," and showcased Ryu running a taxi cab service.

In this brand spankin' new footage, Ryu drives a client through the city, where numerous characters from games set to be on PlayStation 4 run rampant. One of the latest little hints in this clip, (as seen in the image below), is Ryu's Street Fighter 4 portrait on his I.D. card.

Click image for larger version

Hit the jump to continue on.

Many people figured since the first teaser only showed Ryu, and advertised the PS4, that perhaps this could be a sign of a Sony exclusive title. In this new video, however, we see numerous game characters that are involved in multi-platform franchises, such as Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto 5, and more. This may mean that whatever it is Sony and Capcom have up their sleeves, we may see it on several consoles.

Still, the entire point of Ryu's appearance in these teasers is shrouded in mystery. Everything is still speculation at this time.

Check out the clip below, and let us know what you think.

14_ryucab01.jpg
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, Capcom is gonna RIP in another couple of years :(
  • Bcotton5
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Same post in 3 dif threads yall know how I do, shout out @KillaCham

Is Ultra Street Fighter 4 coming to PlayStation 4? Ono posts possible hint

Capcom representative Yoshinori Ono took to Twitter just yesterday in order to thank those who shared their opinions at the latest Ultra Street Fighter 4 location test.

Providing a picture of his Blanka figurine lying on a Vewlix style USF4 arcade cabinet, we see that Ono has also included a PlayStation 4 controller in the photo. Many have began speculating that this may be alluding to a possible PS4 port of Capcom's upcoming Street Fighter title.

You can check out the photo below.

Click image for larger version
    Hit the jump to read more.

03_onohint01.jpg

The above image isn't the only potential hint that Sony and Capcom have something up their sleeves, however. Back in November of last year, Sony uploaded a live-action PlayStation 4 commercial in which Ryu made an appearance. The world warrior could also be seen operating a taxi cab, and working for a service deemed "Hadouken Cabs" in Sony's first live-action teaser.

Lastly, Ono mentioned on Twitter last week that we can expect to see an Ultra Street Fighter 4 related announcement soon.

What all of this may mean is still heavily shrouded in mystery, but be sure to check out Ono's tweet below, and feel free to let us know what you think Capcom has brewing, in the comments below.

Yoshinori Ono ✔ @Yoshi_OnoChin
    Follow
    ウル4のβロケテストのご意見は、ドンドン公式 綾野blogへポストして頂ければ拝読させて頂きます。先週末は皆さん、有難うございました。Thanks for test playing USF4 at location-test! http://p.twipple.jp/XqP4a

9:11 PM - 2 Feb 2014

Yoshinori Onoさんの写真をもっとよく見るには画像をクリック!!

「Yoshinori Onoさん@Yoshi_OnoChin: 」(ついっぷるフォト)
    ついっぷる @twipplesan
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Capcom may be making preparations to announce new fighting game at E3, Yoshinori Ono teases

24_ono_02.jpg

The Ultra Street Fighter 4 E3 2014 invitational tournament isn't everything fighting game-related that Capcom is planning this year, two new tweets from Yoshinori Ono is suggesting.

@Yoshi_OnoChin: I'll back to home from business trip. We'll be making preparation for E3. I'll be there in this year. I'm looking forward to meet to FGC!

@Zepht: @Yoshi_OnoChin announcement of the new game?

@Yoshi_OnoChin: We're making preparation about USFIV TOURNAMENT at E3 and .... ;D RT @Zepht: announcement of the new game?

Given that Capcom had been searching for developers with relevant experience in making fighting games around August of last year, and that Ultra Street Fighter 4 is currently the only known fighting game in Capcom's development pipeline, it would make perfect sense for the Osaka-headquartered games maker to finally announced that top-secret new fighting game at E3 this year.

Question is, EventHubs, will the new fighting game be DarkStalkers, or something else altogether?

Source: Yoshinori Ono on Twitter. Send in by D.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the ? does the whole taxi thing actually mean?
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure how the taxi plays in. But mayeb a free to play game?