What kind of gamer does remote play benefit?

Options
Karl.
Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
Seems like a cool feature until you realise your vita and PS4 has to be connected to the same network and the PS4 itself should be connected via Ethernet.

So who the ? would use this? Type of situation where mommy and daddy won't let you use the good TV?

Or your ? wife is watching The View or the ? Tyra Banks show?

What situation does this benefit?

The only good thing I see here is the ability to carry on gaming whilst you're taking a ? .

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Basically all the situations you listed otherwise wouldn't use it

Vita tv is dif tho
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why wouldnt your vita be connected to the same network as the PS4? Are you that rich that you have multiple internets in your home?
  • Karl.
    Options
    I was hoping I could connect to it from someone else wifi.

I know it's not technically possible right now but I was expecting a little more than the ability to play on a tiny screen in another room on a ? controller.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    I was hoping I could connect to it from someone else wifi.

I know it's not technically possible right now but I was expecting a little more than the ability to play on a tiny screen in another room on a ? controller.

If I'm not mistaken, you can do it from other WiFi spots. The manual doesn't say you have to connect to the same WiFi. It says for best results connect to the same WiFi. They did say that 3G absolutely wasn't supported though.
  • Karl.
    Options
    I'm sure I've read that you can do it too. Just the game won't be playable.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We won't know how playable it is until launch because the functionality isn't even available until after the Day 1 update is downloaded. I'd bet that the quality drops significantly when play from a remote WiFi vs the same WiFi. How bad it will be remains to be seen though? I would guess it would still be playable if the WiFi you're accessing is great, but great probably means something akin to what they have in Japan and not what is the norm for everywhere else.
  • Karl.
    Options
    I'm sure sony reps have confirmed it won't be playable.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    You can connect to your PS4 and play from anywhere - its just suggested that you play within the same network. You can connect your Vita to your PS3 remotely through either the private network or through internet and I imagine that it'll work exactly the same with the PS4. Obviously remote play through the private network runs more smoothly. When connecting through the internet, how choppy it runs depends on both connections the systems are running on. Having said that, I've tried to play ? of War and Shadow of the Colossus on my Vita from work and it's not ideal. Not sure if the PS4 will address this somehow.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    I dont see myself using it outside my home tbh. The vita already has excellent games. Sure, it'll be nice to have when I want to play in bed or something, but for the most part, I'm gonna want to play my games on a big screen. Maybe some of those PSN games like resogun would be cool on vita though.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    I dont see myself using it outside my home tbh. The vita already has excellent games. Sure, it'll be nice to have when I want to play in bed or something, but for the most part, I'm gonna want to play my games on a big screen. Maybe some of those PSN games like resogun would be cool on vita though.
    Yeah it's mostly good when you're in bed or when you're watching something on TV like football. I barely find time to play my Vita away from home though.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    Yeah I don't have the commute I used to either so I don't play it out of the house really. If I go out id rather take my nexus out of fear I'll lose the vita lol