Texas School Throws Child’s Breakfast In The Garbage To Bully Him Out Of 30 Cents

Options
2»

Comments

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    thankfully, my parents weren't reliant on schools to provide me with some breakfast.

Schools provide breakfast and lunch for all students. You included.

I don't rely in the school to feed my son but sometimes he eats breakfast and or lunch there

His account has gotten low and even negative ...not cause I can't provide for him but ? happens

What they did was wrong

The employee or employees who did this should be reprimanded at the minimum. Bully tactics at its finest .....
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    thankfully, my parents weren't reliant on schools to provide me with some breakfast.

I don't rely in the school to feed my son but sometimes he eats breakfast and or lunch there

His account has gotten low and even negative ...not cause I can't provide for him but ? happens
    What they did was wrong

The employee or employees who did this should be reprimanded at the minimum. Bully tactics at its finest .....

yes, its wrong to throw it away

but its also wrong to allow ? to happen to allow it to even reach that point.

and i bet this experience will keep ? from happening again to this kids account
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Taking away the food isn't the problem.

It's how they decided to handle it, ould've been done differently.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options

What they did was wrong

Allow it to reach what point?

Anyone who is making a big deal over 30 cents to feed a child is a straight up ?

It's not like the kid went months without paying for meals

• twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Teachers, lunchroom workers, etc...are bullying these kids. I knew my nephew wasn't the only one going thru this ? with the school staff.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What they did was wrong

Anyone who is making a big deal over 30 cents to feed a child is a straight up ?

to the point that there is no money left on the card and the student still having the expectation that the school owes them the lunch. its obviously a petty thing, and maybe a rash measure of discipline, but i don't see anything wrong with using this as a teachable moment
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What they did was wrong

to the point that there is no money left on the card and the student still having the expectation that the school owes them the lunch. its obviously a petty thing, and maybe a rash measure of discipline, but i don't see anything wrong with using this as a teachable moment

A teachable moment to whom? the student or the parent?

Obviously money isn't an issue when they can clearly throw away more than what the kid was short of. Texas just have a lot of ? up policies.
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    What sense did throwing the food away make?

Kid didn't have 30¢ to cover the cost, so they throw it away. Did the trash can have that money?

Would've been better off letting the kid eat it and charging his account. You know they do that, make you pay at a later time.

Seems like some adult petty ? . She doesn't like her job.

Man I busted out laughing when I read the bolded. I really don't know how I feel about this (one thing for sure is I am so ? sick of hearing bullying stories period ? is beyond wack at this point). I feel like they could have let him finish or gave him an alternative or something but on the other hand rules are in place for a reason.

We baby these ? kids and let them bend rules and make excuses but is that REALLY healthy cause the real word ain't gonna give two ? . If you went to footlocker or majority of stores for that matter and you were 30 cents short on a item would they let you slide? ? NO they gonna look at you like oh well get 30 cents and come back (hell the other day I went to Popeyes and it came to 6.01...you think they said hey we got you on the penny...? no they gave me 99 cents and I was ? because I felt like he could have been a decent human being and looked out but was he "wrong" no.

So what is the difference, nothing except they are kids (unless someone can point out another logical difference I am missing) and if that is the only difference than I can't defend the student.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Buzz word "bully."

Did it have to be used here?

Didn't Read
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Y'all ? sound mad stupid. Everybody in here talking about it's the parent's fault for or the school's fault. ? who's fault it was. How about everybody just look out for the best interest of the person who really matters, the kid?

Let the kid eat his ? breakfast and tell his mom that if there ain't money in the account by Monday...no more meals. What's so hard about that?

Where in the article did it say, or even hint at, that this was an ongoing issue for the kid or his parent? So there is a zero tolerance policy on this ? to the point that they'll let a child go hungry? GTFOH.

Ol Father knows best ass ? ..lol....I'm just ? witchu mane @mryounggun you right tho'
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BREH I WOULDA FOUGHT THIS ?
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh if he threw away the joints that look like corndogs but it's sausage wrapped in pancakes instead, I'd of been fightin
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CC_Poncho wrote: »
    Bruh if he threw away the joints that look like corndogs but it's sausage wrapped in pancakes instead, I'd of been fightin

GOAT ghetto breakfast food. Definitely worth a squab.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with Matt. To throw the food away is dumb but I see no problem with taking it away. It's nobody's fault but the kid's parent that he didn't have any money.

IT CALLED HAVING MERCY FOR SOMEONE..

SURELY SOMEONE HAS HAD MERCY ON YOU! EVEN SOMETHING AS SMALL AS SOMEONE LETTING YOU OVER IN TRAFFIC...
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man in the future if a school do that to one of my kids im liable to go up there and ? some ? up bruh.

Like they food on some gourmet ?
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What happened to just addin it to the school fees and not letting them pass to the next grade without payin first
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    y'all new folks gettin breakfast in school and ? . In my day, you got lunch and that's it.
  • MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    y'all new folks gettin breakfast in school and ? . In my day, you got lunch and that's it.

? ? changed since the 60's bruh.
  • MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would've flipped out on the school. 30 ? cents and you ain't feeding my daughter??? Shiiiiit!!! Let the school look me in my eyes and try to justify that ? . ? would be defecating on themselves if they saw me in person on this ? .
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? ? changed since the 60's bruh.

70's, 80's, and truthfully, the better part of the 90's.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Taught him a very valuable lesson imo

Don't rely on ya parents for ?