Broken PlayStation 4 Systems

Options
The Prodigalson
The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
Feeling somewhat defeated, he started considering his options. Thankfully, only moments later someone from the Sony PlayStation social media team contacted him. He couldn't remember the name of the representative, but was told after they spoke with their supervisor there was nothing they could do either. Well, almost nothing. They credited $10 to his PlayStation Store account, and said he should continue talking to support. The story doesn't end there, however.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/broken-playstation-4-systems

Could this be The 360 version of the RRoD?

Comments

• MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh if my system ? up, either game stop or sony WILL be replacing my ? and quick too. I'm not throwing $400 around for them to be ? ? if my ps4 goes out.
  • The Prodigalson
    Options
    I feel you but with all orders being filled for the first generation releases with pre orders, there will be a wait to get another.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They will be back in Stock for Black Friday
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And here we go lol
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    PlayStation 4 'Wobbles' if Pressed Down

by Matt Clark NOVEMBER 14, 2013

On the eve of the PlayStation 4 launch, there's some concern over consoles arriving dead-on-arrival with HDMI issues. Sony claims the company is looking into the matter, but there's one issue Sony may not be able to address: the strange wobbling of it next-gen console.

2376216-iyj0ejfddruqy.gif

Apparently, if pressure is applied to the lower corner of a PlayStation 4, the unit wobbles. The reason for the teetering motion is attributed to the placement of rubber feet on the underside of the console, since one fin runs down the center and causes the unit to be unbalanced on a flat surface.

An oversight on the part of Sony's design team? Kotaku even made a video showing you how to fix the problem with eight Post-It notes.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/playstation-4-wobbles-if-pressed-down

Sony should bundle all PS4's with a pack of Post-Its.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Who the ? is going to regularly press down on their PS4 to notice that anyway? And what issue does that cause? People love to nitpick.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Who the ? is going to regularly press down on their PS4 to notice that anyway? And what issue does that cause? People love to nitpick.

Could possibly scratch any disc you have playing if it's not leveled yo.
    wee-bey-gif.gif

Ain't think about that. But it should be fine. It only "wobbles" when you apply pressure to that side of it. The power button is on the other side as well. So as long as you aren't putting a rock on the left corner of your PS4 it makes no difference. A heavy PS3 laid on top of the system remains stable too.
  • The Prodigalson
    Options
    I'm still getting one though. Had to pick just one for now since I have so many birthdays that line up towards the end of the year with my Son, Wife, Mother, and then Christmas. I'll have to cop mine after Christmas or hopefully my wife cop it as a Christmas present for me.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    I'm still getting one though. Had to pick just one for now since I have so many birthdays that line up towards the end of the year with my Son, Wife, Mother, and then Christmas. I'll have to cop mine after Christmas or hopefully my wife cop it as a Christmas present for me.

my birthday is on Monday ......... wanna hook a poor lightskinned brother up?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sony has addressed it.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/11/14/sony-addresses-reports-of-failed-playstation-4-units.aspx

Looks like a failure rate of about .04%. That's not that serious at all.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    That's what they say ....
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    That's what they say ....

Could be more than that, but really this whole frenzy has really been spurred on by a couple reports, so I don't think what they're saying is out of the realm of possibility.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watch the next round of Ps4s built fix this. The wobbly version is gonna be a collector's item.

All Playstation early generations come with some kind of ? up that's later awesome as hell. First PSOnes had that port for Gamesharks that later models lost, so you were ? out of all kinds of cool glitch codes if you waited to buy one too late. Watch this wobble let you download games straight from the internet to the HDD with no mods whatsoever or some ? .

• MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had my original "fat" ps3 up until last year. Played it heavily and nothing ever went out. It was only a 40 gb unit so I traded it in for a 120 gb "slim" version. I don't anybody with ps3's that ? up on them. Now Xbox on the other hand....
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm in line with someone to get 2 so I can sale em.... Why would you want to get a launch system that might have issues and doesn't have many games.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    These problems might not even be launch issues. Hardware issues and bad units occur even with mature products. Again, if it's really at .4% or less, that's really not that crazy for a piece of technology. Hell, look at smartphones. Pretty much everyone I've ever known has had a bad phone at one time or another.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    PlayStation 4 'Wobbles' if Pressed Down

by Matt Clark NOVEMBER 14, 2013

On the eve of the PlayStation 4 launch, there's some concern over consoles arriving dead-on-arrival with HDMI issues. Sony claims the company is looking into the matter, but there's one issue Sony may not be able to address: the strange wobbling of it next-gen console.

2376216-iyj0ejfddruqy.gif

Apparently, if pressure is applied to the lower corner of a PlayStation 4, the unit wobbles. The reason for the teetering motion is attributed to the placement of rubber feet on the underside of the console, since one fin runs down the center and causes the unit to be unbalanced on a flat surface.

An oversight on the part of Sony's design team? Kotaku even made a video showing you how to fix the problem with eight Post-It notes.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/playstation-4-wobbles-if-pressed-down

Sony should bundle all PS4's with a pack of Post-Its.

The 360 should've been bundled with a towel.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sony ? up when they didn't have a better launch line up

If gta v was a ps4 release I would be standing in line wit by gloves and thermast

Now I'm gonna wait 6 months for them to work out the kinks

I assume there are thousands out there jus like me
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »

That is a design flaw, if all are like that. I doubt they are.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Really don't know why people are rushing to buy new systems to play games already out on current gen. I'll grab a PS4 when Infamous drops and XB1 when Titanfall drops
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Infamous is Dec 31right?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options