T-Pain Says He "Changed Music Completely"

Options
13»

Comments

• A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Roger Troutman did not use autotune...Singers like Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey made auto tune/vocoders famous withinin the music industry...Engineers use autotune to smoothe a person's voice or move them to a not they couldn't hit initially...T Pain took an extreme variant of the program's application to make his voice sound similar to someone using a talk box...Yes, he did something nobody big at the time was doing...Yes, it changed the popular soundscape of music...But half yall ? don't know the difference between a talk box, a vocoder, Antarres autotune, and a ? ...
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got flanges in my fingers ?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    Roger Troutman did not use autotune...Singers like Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey made auto tune/vocoders famous withinin the music industry...Engineers use autotune to smoothe a person's voice or move them to a not they couldn't hit initially...T Pain took an extreme variant of the program's application to make his voice sound similar to someone using a talk box...Yes, he did something nobody big at the time was doing...Yes, it changed the popular soundscape of music...But half yall ? don't know the difference between a talk box, a vocoder, Antarres autotune, and a ? ...

Makes a ? sound like C3PO? Same ? . We ain't splitting hairs here ? .
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the media be tryna create beef 4 no reason... they tried that ? with t-pain and future... now they tryna do it with future and rich homie quan... none of them have had problems wit each other... smh..
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw, Rich Homie actually sent shots at Future...In interviews and songs(listen to his song called 10)...And Future kinda responded in a couple interviews...My thing is they really are different though....It's just the way they enunciate while singin...
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    this mother ? once tried to equate himself to mother ? Teddy Riley... that's the kinds of stupid ? that comes out of t-pains stupid ass mouth.

Its been ? Teddy Riley since I found out Pharrell did SWVs "Right Here"
    Wait he did that too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKKONgfNONU

Idk if he did the album version or this. One of the two

• SystemBlower
    SystemBlower Members Posts: 3
    Options
    I've noticed that ever since T-Pain came, a lot of people have been using the autotune. Using a Vocoder is not the the same thing as using Autotune.