Video: Michael Wilbon on yesterday's PTI speaks on people using & discussing the use of the N-word..

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Dead as ? ... them mofos look exactly the same

Lol.. not the lisp.. lol

yeah i love her show but damn if she dont look like murphy with that forehead

Robo-Hero-05-72.jpg
    i bet you rethought that last comment
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Back on topic as much as people rail against Skip and Steven A they do their things as far as speaking their truth on all sorts of topics dont always agree with what they say... but definitely appreciate their rap (infact ill say this about anyone who says ? i might agree with)... ? you never know what someone says when you aint listening
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I respect their hustle. I don't knock hustles, I knock the hustled.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I have a habit of reading the comments of articles I'm somewhat interested in,
    mainly because I've already formed an opinion,
    but I also would like to see what other people think..

Some of the ? people say, don't even surprise me..

274633_1806658591_1566490700_q.jpg Ramin Sameyah · Top Commenter · University of Aloha

Question: What starts with the letter N and ends with the letter R that you never want to call a black person?

Answer: Neighbor

This comment came from the Whitlock article..
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    illedout wrote: »

274633_1806658591_1566490700_q.jpg Ramin Sameyah · Top Commenter · University of Aloha

Question: What starts with the letter N and ends with the letter R that you never want to call a black person?

Innanet tough guys, smh.

I'd like to see him tell that joke in that 7/11 his uncle gave him a job at.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Kame wrote: »
    bignorm wrote: »
    and within 24 hours, that fat ? Kevin Whitelock writes an article trying to ether Wilbon for this.

I hate this dude
    http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9980883/whitlock-using-n-word

here's the article for anyone who hasn't read it yet

We don't talk about him in these threads, dude is certified ? !
    Loves surrounding himself with sheets, he's the real time equivalent to Clayton Bigsby!
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hilarious !!!
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

At least that ? was funny... Usually they try too hard to be witty.
  • greenwood1921
    Options

Zeke really just put Coondaleeza Rice's name in the same sentence as MLK and Malcom?

smh.gif

I couldn't even watch long enough to hear what Grant Hill said.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd of never thought Zeke to play it out this way, this ? sound like he running for office and lol I can't believe Grant has said it.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd of never thought Zeke to play it out this way, this ? sound like he running for office and lol I can't believe Grant has said it.[/quote]
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I'd of never thought Zeke to play it out this way, this ? sound like he running for office and lol I can't believe Grant has said it.

And notice how he said "Condileeza Rice, Colin Powell..." with MLK and Malcom when we currently have a Black President.

I see right thru that ? . Where Karl Malone's elbow when you need it?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I agree with what Zeke is saying about younger people not knowing the history of the word. That's the only way I can fathom our young leaders allowing people of other races to say the word without checking them.

I also agree that the word shouldn't be used in any professional setting, lockerroom included.

Overall, what Zeke said isn't an unpopular opinion among people from his generation. My parents feel the same way about the word, as do countless other co-workers and associates who are older.

At the end of the day, we need to keep it between each other and among each other. Also, even black people need to be careful with who they use the word around. You can't go calling everyone the n-word. Use it with your close friends not with any or everybody because that ? is disrespectful to many.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And notice how he said "Condileeza Rice, Colin Powell..." with MLK and Malcom when we currently have a Black President.

I see right thru that ? . Where Karl Malone's elbow when you need it?

He stuntin like the word never comes out his mouth... ? if Grant Hill says it as hard as that is to believe, than that ? says ? .

? really just by passed President Obama, hell even Michael Steele
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I agree with the ? about youngins not understanding. Especially if you're a teenager right now.

However, if you're a teenager right now, you *should* be smarter and more knowledgable of history than any teenage-generation in history.

'Cause you're literally walking around with the whole world in your pocket via your cell phone/internet.

What ? me is how some hoods let white boys and hispanics say ? just cause they're "friends."

Never forget when I first saw "KIDS" and Casper and nem was saying nikka this, nikka that. I asked my homeboy from the Bronx if that's how they get down in NY. He just shrugged. smh

They think it's just a word rappers say all the time. And their parents never taught'em different.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea i hated whitlock for over a decade i dont even look at his articles

Can't stand "agenda" nikkas. Even if I agree with the agenda.

It's hard for me to watch MSNBC sometimes because they've been trying so hard the last few years to be the Democrat version of Fox News.

Olberman used to spend entire segments talkin' about what Bill O'reilly talked about on his last show. And I'm like, why would you give this clown free advertising?

True, but it was birthed in large part by the '08 election. Olberman was a huge asset to combat the bullshyt Fox was doin. Considering how passive democrats were, Olberman's agression (and Racel Maddow) played a part in Obama getting elected.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Yea i hated whitlock for over a decade i dont even look at his articles

Can't stand "agenda" nikkas. Even if I agree with the agenda.

It's hard for me to watch MSNBC sometimes because they've been trying so hard the last few years to be the Democrat version of Fox News.

Olberman used to spend entire segments talkin' about what Bill O'reilly talked about on his last show. And I'm like, why would you give this clown free advertising?

True, but it was birthed in large part by the '08 election. Olberman was a huge asset to combat the bullshyt Fox was doin. Considering how passive democrats were, Olberman's agression (and Racel Maddow) played a part in Obama getting elected.

Nah, didn't have ? to do with 2008. Obama won because he ran a brilliant campaign [i.e. how he handled the Rev Wright ish] and McCain made the mistake of letting right-wing extremists (like his running mate) hijack his campaign message.

Voter turnout is always the key to democrats winning the white house, and complacent or "swing" voters don't watch bias political shows that have agendas. It actually turns them away.

I agree that democrats are hella passive tho.

But that ain't the biggest weakness. The biggest difference between republican and democratic strategy is...

Democrats: Bank on the voter's intelligence.

Republicans: Bank on the voter's stupidity.

The former is always a risk in this society. And the latter is money when it comes to winning elections.
  • S2J
    Options
    I dont need the history lesson dude.

In 2008, there were BS stories that---if left unchecked---undecided voters would be more likely to believe. Its easy to forget now, but misinformation ran rampant to discredit Obama.

Oberman checked them. He helped. Whether it was 10 votes, 100 votes, 1000 votes. He helped.

Not all of the mass public can read between the lines to know Fox is biased. Some of them need another reputabe news outlet to point it out, story by story, every night.
  • greenwood1921
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I volunteered voter/marketing research for 4 different campaigns in the last 5 years. Trust me, swing voters don't pay attention to most of that ? unless the side claiming the ? presents some type of hard evidence (like the Rev Wright video clips) and Obama squashed that with his race speech (which is probably still his best speech since then.)

The people that feed into the "? for tat" smear campaigns are the ones who have already made up their minds anyway.

Swing voters get their news from CNN and/or local news or the Nightly news programs from the major networks (abc, nbc, cbs, etc.)

And when smear campaigns do start to spread via word of mouth, those swing voters don't go to Olberman, O'reilly, Limbaugh, or anybody like that for a response --- they wait for the candidate himself/herself to speak on it. And Obama did.

• S2J
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I agree with what Zeke is saying about younger people not knowing the history of the word. That's the only way I can fathom our young leaders allowing people of other races to say the word without checking them.

I also agree that the word shouldn't be used in any professional setting, lockerroom included.

Overall, what Zeke said isn't an unpopular opinion among people from his generation. My parents feel the same way about the word, as do countless other co-workers and associates who are older.

At the end of the day, we need to keep it between each other and among each other. Also, even black people need to be careful with who they use the word around. You can't go calling everyone the n-word. Use it with your close friends not with any or everybody because that ? is disrespectful to many.

camron.gif

See I expect this type thinking from old out of touch folk, but cmon man.

Would you try to regulate behavior in barber shops? Police precincts? Body shops? Yhats why I cant engage in this argument its like everybody plays or goes dumb
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I said shouldn't be used. The same way any word that's considered disrespectful to anyone shouldn't be used. I didn't say anything about regulating it.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of white people comin out against the use of the "N-word" calling it reprehensible and a terrible word and ? ...

And used in its proper original context, it is.

But if you listen to their reasoning it still boils down to...

"How come you get to say it but we can't."

White people hate to have to answer to their racism.

As far as ? sayin "? " there is only ONE explanation/reasoning I've heard that actually had some affect on me

And that was Richard Pryor's for when he stopped saying it. I still say ? but I respected that ? to the fullest. He wasn't preachy and try to tell other ? to stop saying it, he just said his piece and left it at that.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What I don't like is people trying to always blame Hip-Hop/ Rap culture and music as the reason people use the word. Before Hip-Hop was even invented black folks tried to desensitize the word ? by using the term ? as a form of endearment among each other.

I agree with Wilbon and Barkley 100% in what they are saying because you don't hear people telling young Italians to stop calling each other W.O.P.S. as a term of endearment, you don't here homosexuals being told not to call each others ? as a term of endearment, you don't hear people telling females not to call each other ? as a term of endearment, you don't hear people telling folks who are friends to stop making your momma jokes among each other and etc...

People among friends a lot of times say crazy ? to each other they wouldn't say to others because they have a certain relationship where it isn't seen as being disrespectful. It's common sense that you can't do the same thing with strangers that you can with friends.