Lets be honest..Kanye wouldn't be ? if it wasnt for this wannabe artist stick

Options
P-Dogg77
P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
Because every damn review of his album was like this

2f572566e1e111e2b61c22000a9f4de7_7.jpg

And you know damn well that New Slaves ? was straight azz but props to my ? Coonye for using art as a crutch because that projector on 66 walls ? had you gullible feeble ? thinking it was some major ? when in fact he wasn't saying ? at all.

Which brings me to another point, if you actually got some sort of intelligence then you're able to see past all this faux-art stuff and realize that Kanye isn't saying a ? damn thing, none of the ? he says doesn't make any sense but since he started hanging out with French designers and artists you ? think that every word he says has some underlined meaning. No hate for my ? Kanye though, he is still a breath of fresh air in hiphop.

Pretty much Yeezus was straight ? because this ? done took this creative ? too far, i get it you gotta let some creative juice flow in the tracks sometimes but all the ? this ? done put out last few years was nonsense ? . You ? act like them ? who stare at a blank canvas painting and be like "Oh, the white color represents the purity and liberation that finally came after the protagonist struggled with difficulties beset by society for all his life" when in reality it is just a ? damn white painting you punk ? butt ? .

Too bad every ? wants to get his avant-garde on and throw a couple of big words around and voila, you got wannabe "creatives" popping up everywhere. ? Kanye and every damn fleet of street gothic ? that followed suit, if anything he hasn't been anything else than a plague for hiphop. Now you got even struggle rappers getting their leather and religious prints on, even that damn fat ass kid Terio was wearing some Givenchy ? the other day.

So, beyond all the artistic stuff and visuals, i hope you impressionable ? realize that there is no substance whatsoever in neither his art nor music.

Comments

• Pr0n
    Pr0n Members Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    Options
    He'd be that jesus rapper
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hard to admit but agree with most of this.. ? sounds forced, contrived now as opposed to some of his earlier works.
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeezus was not as good as MBDTF, but it was a damn good album.
  • P-Dogg77
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Hard to admit but agree with most of this.. ? sounds forced, contrived now as opposed to some of his earlier works.

That's what im trying to say really, at first it was really original because rappers hadn't been ? with creative stuff like that before so he was pushing the envelope which was all good but lately he's been going too much for the same thing and become predictable.

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "So, beyond all the artistic stuff and visuals, i hope you impressionable ? realize that there is no substance whatsoever in neither his art nor music"

you would have a point if his first 5 albums weren't the college dropout, late registration, graduation, 808s, and MBDTF
  • scuba
    scuba Members Posts: 45
    Options
    I am with you... at a certain point Kanye was dope cause he was bringing a different artistic vision to mainstream hip hop... but the last few albums he seems more about being 'artistic' than actually producing 'art'. I am not sure whether his head is fukked from hanging with them yes men all day, or if its just a promotional shtick he got going... honestly i wouldn't care if his albums were still snapping like that... and he wasnt trolling his own people to get the media storm going...
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye coulda made his first 3 albums for 6-9 albums snd still been ahead of the rest

I think he od'ed on exactly what TS is talkin about. That art for the ? of it, different jus to be different ? .

It's like when the illuminati became this fad that every ? was talkin about so music and clothing people started incorporating it into everything jus they knew it would catch people.
    Pyramids, eyes and owls everywhere jus for the ? of it
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye is a genius and Obama is a puppet.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JerfyT wrote: »
    Yeezus was not as good as MBDTF, but it was a damn good album.

I agree with this. The ? was alright and I can forgive that ? if the next album has actual drums and he focuses more on the lyrics.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Production on the last album was good outside of 1 or 2 tracks - lyrics not so much.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody should be taking his wild antics seriously. Just enjoy the great music he pushes out, because for the most part his albums are dope as ? . Yeezus wasn't his best album, but I'll check for his future albums cause he's usually A1 with his ?
  • nujerz84
    Options
    MBDTF imo highlights best what Threadstarter is talking about dope album but lots of extra ? in attempt to be musical.
  • No_Way_Jose
    No_Way_Jose Members Posts: 71
    Options
    We make money, not art. Art is driven by passion, not profit
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P-Dogg77 wrote: »
    Because every damn review of his album was like this

2f572566e1e111e2b61c22000a9f4de7_7.jpg

And you know damn well that New Slaves ? was straight azz but props to my ? Coonye for using art as a crutch because that projector on 66 walls ? had you gullible feeble ? thinking it was some major ? when in fact he wasn't saying ? at all.

Which brings me to another point, if you actually got some sort of intelligence then you're able to see past all this faux-art stuff and realize that Kanye isn't saying a ? damn thing, none of the ? he says doesn't make any sense but since he started hanging out with French designers and artists you ? think that every word he says has some underlined meaning. No hate for my ? Kanye though, he is still a breath of fresh air in hiphop.

Pretty much Yeezus was straight ? because this ? done took this creative ? too far, i get it you gotta let some creative juice flow in the tracks sometimes but all the ? this ? done put out last few years was nonsense ? . You ? act like them ? who stare at a blank canvas painting and be like "Oh, the white color represents the purity and liberation that finally came after the protagonist struggled with difficulties beset by society for all his life" when in reality it is just a ? damn white painting you punk ? butt ? .

Too bad every ? wants to get his avant-garde on and throw a couple of big words around and voila, you got wannabe "creatives" popping up everywhere. ? Kanye and every damn fleet of street gothic ? that followed suit, if anything he hasn't been anything else than a plague for hiphop. Now you got even struggle rappers getting their leather and religious prints on, even that damn fat ass kid Terio was wearing some Givenchy ? the other day.

So, beyond all the artistic stuff and visuals, i hope you impressionable ? realize that there is no substance whatsoever in neither his art nor music.

Don't know what to make of this thread (even though I know what your talking about) so let me say this before I leave this thread.....

I don't give half a ? what people say, Yeezus was overweight fat girl ass.
  • P-Dogg77
    Options
    At the same time if you come to think of it, it's the only thing keeping him afloat so far, his sales weren't all that great but he knows how to make a name for himself even if people are talking more about him fighting paparazzis, knocking up a ? or wearing owl masks in the name of fashion.

What I mean is that it's sad that hiphop has come to a screeching halt where the music isn't half the career anymore. ? like Jay-Z more for being successful than being a formidable rapper at best, ? like Rick Ross because they are still refusing to let go of the Scarface dreams they've been having since they were 14.

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    all his albums went #1 lol what are you talking about
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    and also every rapper has a gimmick
  • P-Dogg77
    Options
    all his albums went #1 lol what are you talking about

Yeezus was his weakest album thus far, even Young Eeyore outsold him.

Hiphop aint too far from WWE yeah I know that. ? used to apply the ? game to the rap game but now ? about that WWE gimmick ? .

• nujerz84
    Options
    Kanye didnt really have a gimmick when he started unless you wanna count the jaw thing
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    ^^ you kidding right, his gimmick was the backpack, good boy rapper compared to the other rappers taht was out. he even raps and talks about this many times.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    hard to sell an album when you saying ? the powers that be.... and nobody selling on def jam anyway.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    the college thing
  • P-Dogg77
    Options
    ^^ you kidding right, his gimmick was the backpack, good boy rapper compared to the other rappers taht was out. he even raps and talks about this many times.

It was his style, not gimmick. Kanye has changed way too many times to really have a gimmick until at last when he started overdoing the weird artist stuff.

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Simply put, he's doing it wrong. Nothing wrong with boasting creativity, as long you're not lollygagging in the studio and trying to pass it off as "art".
  • nujerz84
    Options
    He hurts himself with his antics and ? he be saying.. if your ? is great let it speak for itself.