"If you like to watch tv or skype with grandma the xbox one has a lot of potential" - Adam Sessler

Options

Comments

• smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall ? need to go reach off into your closets and pull your gotdamn sega and nintendos out and remind yourselves what the ? videogaming is.

it damn sure aint.... this...

real ? . I give no ? about tv or skype on my ? game system. thats why I got a tv and a computer. ? I need that extra ? for? Im payin more money for ? I dont even use. its lame as ? .
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Some of stuff he said wasn't necessary.....why would you move it around or move cable wires around when it's plug in? That makes no sense you do all that before you hook it up and I think it would be common sense that the kinect won't hear you clearly if you blasting music in the same room

Not just music ......... but sounds from the same TV you trying to control hands free

Ok but still don't have the tv up loud when the kinect can't hear you properly to me it's common sense
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of stuff he said wasn't necessary.....why would you move it around or move cable wires around when it's plug in? That makes no sense you do all that before you hook it up and I think it would be common sense that the kinect won't hear you clearly if you blasting music in the same room

Not just music ......... but sounds from the same TV you trying to control hands free

Ok but still don't have the tv up loud when the kinect can't hear you properly to me it's common sense

So you want me to pick up my remote and mute my TV so I can talk to the xbox ??? Why not just use the controller.
  • vageneral08
    Options

So you want me to pick up my remote and mute my TV so I can talk to the xbox ??? Why not just use the controller.

Mute what? You don't need to mute it just have it at a reasonable level like 13 the ? won't hear you if your tv volume is on 35 and up
  • BlackxChild
    Options

Mute what? You don't need to mute it just have it at a reasonable level like 13 the ? won't hear you if your tv volume is on 35 and up

I think the controller is still the easier option.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Compromise my audio experience to enjoy hands free controls? ........... I'll take my 7.1 Surround
  • vageneral08
    Options

Compromise my audio experience to enjoy hands free controls? ........... I'll take my 7.1 Surround

Ain't nothing wrong with that I'm just saying don't expect the kinect to hear you clearly if you got bose speakers knocking in the background
  • joshuaboy
    Options

Ain't nothing wrong with that I'm just saying don't expect the kinect to hear you clearly if you got bose speakers knocking in the background

TBF ....... I agree with you. Common sense tells you it won't hear you over noise.

Just I know a few people that would take up a controller to turn down the volume then put it back down to use the voice command.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pretty cool telling the AI on Battlefield 4 to "Engage" the enemy using a voice command.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Pretty cool telling the AI on Battlefield 4 to "Engage" the enemy using a voice command.

Meh..... who cares.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Playing online asking for ammo and actually getting it...
  • joshuaboy
    Options

Tom Clancy Endgame ..... ;;)
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I guess I was wrong. I would have thought that third parties would implement things like that for both systems. Even though the PS4 cam isn't as integral to the system as with the XB1, it seems to me if you're adding that functionality to the game on one system, it should be trivial to add it to the other system too. Hell, you don't even have to have the PS4 cam to use the voice commands, you can do it through the headset, so I'm not really sure why they didn't implement that same functionality on the PS4 version of the game.

• Karl.
    Options

I'm looking forward to that.
  • Karl.
    Options

I guess I was wrong. I would have thought that third parties would implement things like that for both systems. Even though the PS4 cam isn't as integral to the system as with the XB1, it seems to me if you're adding that functionality to the game on one system, it should be trivial to add it to the other system too. Hell, you don't even have to have the PS4 cam to use the voice commands, you can do it through the headset, so I'm not really sure why they didn't implement that same functionality on the PS4 version of the game.

Yea, I can't see why they haven't.
  • Karl.
    Options

No I'm not. What's that game? The division? It looks great.

Yeah. We had voice commands on SOCOM PS2 too.
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    SOCOM was the truth
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Xbox One subreddit and the official Xbox forums are starting to collect complaints from users who were in private Skype calls where they cursed only to later find they had been temporarily banned from Skype on the Xbox. The error message advises them to “Choose something else to play” because of their past behavior. The same goes for Microsoft’s upload Studio, which is used to share gameplay videos, though reports of this are currently less common.

SOURCE: http://www.geek.com/games/swear-in-a-private-xbox-one-skype-call-get-banned-from-xbox-live-1578227/
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    bruh ? were posting nudes of chicks from their cell phones in skype and are still balling
  • joshuaboy
    Options

Sorry, meant Endwar ....... came out in 2008
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall ? need to go reach off into your closets and pull your gotdamn sega and nintendos out and remind yourselves what the ? videogaming is.

real ? , ? aint never satisified. Im getting the Xbox One this weekend & only using it for playing games. I dont give a ? about tv & other ? that's not game related
  • Karl.
    Options

Sorry, meant Endwar ....... came out in 2008

I know what you meant.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

real ? , ? aint never satisified. Im getting the Xbox One this weekend & only using it for playing games. I dont give a ? about tv & other ? that's not game related

I said the same ? but once you start playing around with that ? it become much more than a gaming system. Even though the main purpose is gaming. Maybe I'm just a tech junky though.