AVATAR is basically DANCES WITH WOLVES in blue face.

Options
DarkGable
DarkGable Members Posts: 477
edited January 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Greedy white oppressors - check
Rebellious white lead - check
Sexy love interest - check (Don't matter if she's blue Zoe Saldana is official.)
Spiritual awakening - check

Seems every few years Hollywood makes a "white guilt" film and this one really was no different.

I felt bad for Giovanni Ribisi. An otherwise good actor, left with playing a one dimensional white devil.

Comments

• TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    this is basically what i heard 100x since the movie came out

ive yet to see it tho.
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well ? if anybody was old enough to see dances with wovles ok kool but the movie was made to be the best visual picture of all time which it is

BIG ASS CHECK
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dholt23 wrote: »
    well ? if anybody was old enough to see dances with wovles ok kool but the movie was made to be the best visual picture of all time which it is

BIG ASS CHECK

waka flaka
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    DarkGable wrote: »
    Greedy white oppressors - check
    Rebellious white lead - check
    Sexy love interest - check (Don't matter if she's blue Zoe Saldana is official.)
    Spiritual awakening - check

Seems every few years Hollywood makes a "white guilt" film and this one really was no different.

I felt bad for Giovanni Ribisi. An otherwise good actor, left with playing a one dimensional white devil.

Yes, yes she is.
    The fact that I came out of the theatre wanting to give Neytiri the business something vicious says alot about her performance.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This movie was very cliche. I felt like the Navi were African and the white people were trying to take over their land. Ribisi is a good actor, but this role was very typical. All of them were.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    TANGLUNG wrote: »
    This movie was very cliche. I felt like the Navi were African and the white people were trying to take over their land. Ribisi is a good actor, but this role was very typical. All of them were.

Well, feeling like that was pretty much unavoidable since the story heavily paralleled the struggles of Africans, Native Americans, and a bunch of other indigenous tribal cultures against invading Europeans.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ferngully + smurfs+pocahantas
  • bredbay415
    bredbay415 Members Posts: 14
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yeah i agree but the sfx was what people came to see no matter how lame the plot was.
  • j-slugga
    j-slugga Members Posts: 10
    edited January 2010
    Options
    At some point I thought to myself "this is like Ferngully,with guns and space ships". The special effects were amazing but the plot was incredibly predictable and far from original.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Reminded me of Pocahantas
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    People have been aware of everything that everyone said here from the get-go...