Noel Ignatiev Speech Was a Lie: The Source Website is a Satire Website

Options
LUClEN
LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
A number of web outlets on Monday incorrectly reported that a Massachusetts professor used his final lecture to instruct his white male students to commit suicide.

The outlets based their claims on a website called “Diversity Chronicle” which published an “interview” with professor Noel Ignatiev of the Massachusetts College of Art where he supposedly stood by the shocking claims.

“Obviously, all whites need to be destroyed, but why not start with white males? They are behind most of history’s greatest atrocities,” part of the article reads.

The only problem? While the professor is very real, the website is all satire.

The Diversity Chronicle’s disclaimer notes that “the original content on this blog is largely satirical.”

Screen-Shot-2013-11-26-at-11.30.32-AM-620x551.jpg

Nonetheless, multiple outlets published stories Monday citing the satirical article as fact.

“Liberal Professor Tells White Male Students To Commit Suicide To Benefit Society,” one headline reads.

“Former Harvard fellow: White males should consider suicide,” another says.

“Liberal professor calls for genocide, says white males should commit suicide,” reads yet another.

In an interview with TheBlaze on Tuesday, Ignatiev said he does not know the author of the satirical article and doesn’t even plan on retiring.

“This is an entire fabrication,” he said. “I have no idea where this came from.”
“This is an entire fabrication. I have no idea where this came from.”

“I don’t know the name of that journalist or satirist or anything,” he added.

Now he says he’s become the subject of hate mail, and forwarded some messages to TheBlaze.

“Hey, I have an idea,” reads one email. “Why don’t you lead the way, and blow your f******* brains out, you piece of s***. Here is to hoping that an illegal or ? robs your dumba** while you are galavanting around in retirement.”

“Well Looks like you’ll need to find another job You motherf****** Slime F*** of the earth pond ? f***! Have a nice day Buwahahaha!!!!” another email read.

“Another f******* a****** Jew who embarrasses the rest of us Jews….? , since you are white, why not lead by example. Show the rest of us evil white people how to commit suicide! Your a sick f***,” yet another reads.

Ignatiev, however, is no stranger to controversy.

In the past, the professor has reportedly argued for the abolishment of the white race in an issue of Harvard Magazine. At the time, the magazine’s editor said he was really calling for the abolishment of the “mind-set and attitude that automatically grants privileges to white people.”

In an interview with the New York Times, Ignatiev added that he wants to “abolish the privileges of the white skin.”

“The white race is like a private club based on one huge assumption: that all those who look white are, whatever their complaints or reservations, fundamentally loyal to the race,” he said. “We want to dissolve the club, to explode it.”

Ignatiev is also the co-editor of “Race Traitor,” a journal which says that ”treason to whiteness is loyalty to humanity.”

Comments