After listening to these phony Kanye rants i feel like giving up on hip-hop..*my own Kanye rant*

Options
SnuffDaddy
SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in The Reason
*hit feelings button all you want, is what it is*

I like his music, thats it. But the fact that people ACTUALLY think the ? hes talking about is a cause..hello, its FASHION!!! Theres a million things we could talk about owning, but Kanye is a millionare musician and is upset cuz HE doesnt get the respect he feels he deserves so therefor hes trying to have people turn on those corporations to show them how much power over the people he possess by acting like a revoluionary..hello, its FASHION!!!!! not jobs for people, not education no..lets talk about slavery & how its synanamous with the fashion world cuz Kanye cant get what he wants.

The fact that ppl actually argues for him & makes him out to be some revolutionary is beyond ridiculous that i dont even know whether to laugh or be upset. But then the same people will ? on rappers actually standing up & rapping about REALITY in the world, but cuz its Kanye who rants about fashion now hes a revolutionary? I just dont get the hip-hop audience..

Its the same way people do to 2pac after he died. Difference between 2pac & Ye is that 2pac AT LEAST spoke on actual CAUSES & at least did SOMETHING. He was not revolutionary, none of these people are, but he truly cared. But Kanyes cause is fashion people..fashion..that he has a interest in..and wants a stake in..but tries to manipulate people into thinking its a cause & for the people..and mofos are ACTUALLY buying into it..

Kanye wants this..he knows it'll turn into a debate..just like most artist do, they know theres always gonna be those dumb people riding just to be different, like most black people do. Its a show. Hes acting out. The Sway & BC interviews was media training mixed with acting..TRUST ME, meaning the ? he was saying & how he was saying it & the points he brought up cuz he said the same things in every interview.

and im like if this is the way "hip-hop fans" keep being gullible no wonder why we have so much ? & people doing ? .

Anybody else feels this way or am i the only real ? in the room full of sheeples?

Comments

• Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fans care way too much about non-raprelated stuff nowadays. They buy into all the bullsh*t these rappers peddle. Kanye doesn't have an issue regular rapfans can relate to. He's whining about nonsense.

I posted in that Kanye Breakfast club thread but I had to take a step back. I don't get some of these fans. If they were teenagers I'd get it, but some of these dudes are around my age. They'll buy anything a rapper they like says. I have a theory on why a rapper like 'Ye got delusional fans giving passes like that but I'll watch the thread progress before I shut it down.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why even mention Kanye name with Pac? Seriously...Yo crazy

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly I was going to hit the feelings button on you but reading your post. I decided to GOAT. I agree with everything you said as a matter of fact I was saying the same thing yesterday when I had this conversation with someone off the net
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're right its only fashion, but ? on some can't see the forest for the trees ? .

? kanye ? fashion but the point he's making can be applied to 99.99999% of people of african decent trying to make a lane in almost every kind of industry. We have little to zero influence on industrial infrastructure, international finance or any of that ? we really need to stand on our own two in the business world. I'm not saying there's noone working to change that but thats the reality of it today.

I think that's what ? is trying to get across in that other thread but emotions are running wild over there
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You aint got the answers snuffdaddy you aint got the asnwers !!!!!

You ain't did the education!!!!
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Webbie>>>Kanye West
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye has good intentions in that he can create jobs for people and have them advance in the world. As much as I knock Yeezus for having 5,368,035,820,048 producers, he got a lot of people working. Kanye is bringing attention to good things, but he's making himself look like an ass while doing it. Which is fine with me, I got his first five albums, but he's on DMX status for now. Still a legend, but what the ? dog.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    *hit feelings button all you want, is what it is*

I like his music, thats it. But the fact that people ACTUALLY think the ? hes talking about is a cause..hello, its FASHION!!! Theres a million things we could talk about owning, but Kanye is a millionare musician and is upset cuz HE doesnt get the respect he feels he deserves so therefor hes trying to have people turn on those corporations to show them how much power over the people he possess by acting like a revoluionary..hello, its FASHION!!!!! not jobs for people, not education no..lets talk about slavery & how its synanamous with the fashion world cuz Kanye cant get what he wants.

The fact that ppl actually argues for him & makes him out to be some revolutionary is beyond ridiculous that i dont even know whether to laugh or be upset. But then the same people will ? on rappers actually standing up & rapping about REALITY in the world, but cuz its Kanye who rants about fashion now hes a revolutionary? I just dont get the hip-hop audience..

Its the same way people do to 2pac after he died. Difference between 2pac & Ye is that 2pac AT LEAST spoke on actual CAUSES & at least did SOMETHING. He was not revolutionary, none of these people are, but he truly cared. But Kanyes cause is fashion people..fashion..that he has a interest in..and wants a stake in..but tries to manipulate people into thinking its a cause & for the people..and mofos are ACTUALLY buying into it..

Kanye wants this..he knows it'll turn into a debate..just like most artist do, they know theres always gonna be those dumb people riding just to be different, like most black people do. Its a show. Hes acting out. The Sway & BC interviews was media training mixed with acting..TRUST ME, meaning the ? he was saying & how he was saying it & the points he brought up cuz he said the same things in every interview.

and im like if this is the way "hip-hop fans" keep being gullible no wonder why we have so much ? & people doing ? .

Anybody else feels this way or am i the only real ? in the room full of sheeples?

[img]http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/mah-? -gif.gif[/img]
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ranxx wrote: »
    You're right its only fashion, but ? on some can't see the forest for the trees ? .

? kanye ? fashion but the point he's making can be applied to 99.99999% of people of african decent trying to make a lane in almost every kind of industry. We have little to zero influence on industrial infrastructure, international finance or any of that ? we really need to stand on our own two in the business world. I'm not saying there's noone working to change that but thats the reality of it today.

I think that's what ? is trying to get across in that other thread but emotions are running wild over there
    You're right but if these white labels would let 'Ye, as one of the few black dudes, in I highly doubt he would keep whining about not being let in.

Blacks not being in positions of power is partly due to institutional racism, BUT it also got something to do with bad choices blacks as a collective make. Consumerism, not circulating money in your communities, not caring about setting up your offspring/ live in the moment, making bastard children, selfhate etc.

Power isn't something that's given to you. You gotta take it. Kanye's just whining like he always does and he's offpoint...
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Ranxx wrote: »

You're right but if these white labels would let 'Ye, as one of the few black dudes, in I highly doubt he would keep whining about not being let in.

Blacks not being in positions of power is partly due to institutional racism, BUT it also got something to do with bad choices blacks as a collective make. Consumerism, not circulating money in your communities, not caring about setting up your offspring/ live in the moment, making bastard children, selfhate etc.

Power isn't something that's given to you. You gotta take it. Kanye's just whining like he always does and he's offpoint...

I don't think he will ever stop with the antics, Ye is the first ? with a michael jackson complex. At this point i don't know if he's playin gimmicks or he if he really believe his own ? . We've had jesus walks, blood diamonds, ? the grammys, george bush dont care about black people, taylor swift, paparazzi fights and all that other ? now its fashion. After this it will be something else.

At the least of it what he said sparked this debate. Question is how many will see through the lunacy.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hit the feelings on you 'cause if crybaby kanye makes you wanna give up on this rap ? ...... you must have just started listening to rap cause there's been some major "C'mon son" moments in this rap ? for the last few years that should've made you hang up your mixtapes .......

Just my thoughts
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    please give up Hiphop is DEAD.. Let it DIE, it's time for a real revolution in music. Hiphop is the past.. Mc'ing is alive.. ? hiphop.
  • niggasthesedays
    niggasthesedays Members Posts: 244 ✭✭
    Options
    tf is the difference^^
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont give a ? what he rants about or what peole say, if he makes good music i'll listen to it, dont care about his points of view on fashion or any other ?
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he doesnt rant he has visionary streams of consciousness. thats how we know u not listening.
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I should act real ? and conceited. I never been a ? or conceited person, but I'm sick of people treating me nasty because they think I'm looking down on them. I mines as well look down on them and act ? , since I'm treated ? .... why be a good person if people treat you evil?
  • BrilliantRapscallion
    BrilliantRapscallion Members Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Options
    Kanye deep inside is a good person still, but he's ? in his own mind. That conceit has brought him fame, but it will be his undoing.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its simple ? folk and stans make complex. All I heard was a grown man throwing a temper tantrum cuz his ideas weren't received by crackers.... Handle ur buisness like a man and a professional not like a spoiled entitled ? .
    8822 Members Posts: 142
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Its simple ? folk and stans make complex. All I heard was a grown man throwing a temper tantrum cuz his ideas weren't received by crackers.... Handle ur buisness like a man and a professional not like a spoiled entitled ? .
    Church. ? is fake if you ask me though.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When he gets what he wants he will shut up....but when if flops, he will talk again.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its funny, with people like Kanye and artist these days, someone like Pac truly was revolutionary and out of his time... Like you said, despite tons of success based on this super masculine criminal persona he kept up till the end, the man cared about someone other then his own damn self and was very vocal about civil injustice, more so than any other rapper ever...

We are a much more privileged era though, so our priorities as a society are certainly not the same as they were in 1993 meaning every aspect of culture today reflects this.

We are in the age of children having children who turn out smarter than their parents because they were born with wikipedia and youtube... All of Generation Y is pretty much lethargic, spoiled and extremely egotistical and the preceding ones will be even more so.

On average i'd say most people in my generation thought we had it all figured out by the time we turned 16 because of "technological privilege". This extended adolescence led to the formation of very costly habits based on laissez faire principles we've taught ourselves about being contempt that never bring into consideration a real world where throwing tons of money and time at bad ideas results in losses.

Take a second to think about the things people "revolt" over these days (in America), and i'd know most would agree that in a short time the definition for revolutionary has changed, or at least the bar has been tragically lowered.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    its deeper than fashion. its owning the distributions, kanye is using fashion as an example b, its more about black people not owning ? . its like people only hear the screams and not listen to what he saying.