Let's have a REAL discussion on capital punishment....Worldwide.

Options
Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
Many countries have stopped doing it.

America is still one of the few, and one of the Top 5 countries who still do it, event though about 18 states have abolished it.
Capital punishment in America

However, this PALES in comparison to countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran, and the reigning king...China.
The Death Penalty around the world

So, where do you stand? Pro-death penalty, or anti....and why?

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd be fully pro-death penalty IF they weren't ? up and sending innocent people to the death chamber.

That fact has me on the fence.

Some of these MFers deserve to die.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some people needs to die.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "If anyone takes a human life, that person's life will also be taken by human hands. For ? made human beings in his own image." Genesis 9:6

/thread
  • Kat
    Options
    "If anyone takes a human life, that person's life will also be taken by human hands. For ? made human beings in his own image." Genesis 9:6

/thread

So you're going to quote that scripture but ignore alllll the instances of people being executed in the Bible?

Eye for an eye?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    death is permanent and humans are prone to error... so it should b off the table except in the most extreme cases.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think it makes sense to ? people who ? .

"Killing is wrong, so we are going to ? you".

I'd rather exile people or enslave them so they have to work for free for their community and make it a better place. Have criminals cleaning up dog ? in parks and cleaning high ways on chain gangs. Makes more sense than just killing them or making them break rocks for 25 years.

• LUClEN
    Options
    Also there is a correlation between the death penalty and homicide rates. States without it have less homicide.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    0 ? given
    Ah ah ah.........
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It never really "blew up" in the U.S., but it did have some solid singles and was a decent album overall.
    I have no clue how it did worldwide to be honest. I guess its a classic down in Puerto Rico and other parts of Latin America?

Wish it was Fat Joe that had the heart attack and not him.

p.s.- Mods, please move this to the Reason where it belongs
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

/thread

Where the hoes at
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    Elrawd wrote: »
    Also there is a correlation between the death penalty and homicide rates. States without it have less homicide.

icecream
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »

icecream

Are you implying that it's climate and not the death penalty affecting homicide rates?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

/thread

So you're going to quote that scripture but ignore alllll the instances of people being executed in the Bible?

Eye for an eye?

What's your point Kat?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    ? happens wrote: »

/thread

Where the hoes at

The ? house
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't have a problem with executing murderers, but I don't believe the benefit, which I'm not sure extends past providing closure to the victims' families, outweighs the risk of executing an innocent person. It's just not worth it to me.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options

icecream

Are you implying that it's climate and not the death penalty affecting homicide rates?

u didn't directly imply causation so I aint gonna troll u on this.
  • Kat
    Options

/thread

Eye for an eye?

What's your point Kat?

My point is that I think you're being a little picky-choosey like most Bible warriors.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Pro death penalty.

Actually I believe ? should be put to death same for pedophiles. If found guilty without a shadow of doubt then death it is. If you take a life knowingly on purpose death no rehab none of that ? ? .

without a shadow of a doubt is rare. are there not instances where taking a life is "justified"?
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If all who were involved in a execution that was the result of a false conviction are executed in turn, then yeah.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pro death penalty.

Actually I believe ? should be put to death same for pedophiles. If found guilty without a shadow of doubt then death it is. If you take a life knowingly on purpose death no rehab none of that ? ? .

Brian Banks did 5 years cuz he was guilty without a shadow of doubt.

Dude got ? confess he didn't.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    Pro death penalty.

without a shadow of a doubt is rare. are there not instances where taking a life is "justified"?

In that case hopefully the families have good lawyers. The system has gotten to soft by letting murderers and ? walk the streets. Giving ? three strikes nah ? that one strike ? is all you need. If you do wrong there's consequences with your actions. Especially when it comes to murder, ? or ? . How can a drug dealer get more time than a killler or a child ? walk the streets and first time felon get 15yrs for possession of ? or ? ? ? that ? if you murder someone you should be dealt with in the same fashion.

lol. proof of this softness?
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pro death penalty.

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2013
    Options

/thread

Eye for an eye?

What's your point Kat?

My point is that I think you're being a little picky-choosey like most Bible warriors.

You're not making sense Kat. How am I being picky?
  • Kat
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You're*

And I didn't say you were being picky I said you were being kinda picky-choosey meaning you're picking a scripture to substantiate your belief, and leaving out plenty others that would discredit it.