Ni99as was'nt bumping that in the hood

Options
king hassan
king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
I always ? up at this statement, ? need to really get out the hood and experiance life and different musical styles. Limiting yourself is what's cool out chea?

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    oh i hear that a lot. especially since most of these hood ? only listen to keef, King L, chicago bricksquad, etc. be tryna put some of these dudes on to other rappers but they rather continue to live and listen to that ignorant ?
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You aint ? if you aint Screwed Up!
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always ? up at this statement, ? need to really get out the hood and experiance life and different musical styles. Limiting yourself is what's cool out chea?

its usually a lie anyway. except for Eminem. we never bumped that in the hood... get mad Stew.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    Bump it for yourself!
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »

its usually a lie anyway. except for Eminem. we never bumped that in the hood... get mad Stew.

I've known some hood ? to bump it, not that many tho
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "ya disc aint ? unless the clique ride to it"
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »

I've known some hood ? to bump it, not that many tho

Clearly he doesnt get out too much.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    i remember one day after practice some black guy was bumping eminem, it was some song from mmlp just bumping that ? loud. i laughed because never saw that before and then i thought of the ic. Its rare tho
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember before Kendrick really blew up I was listening to section 80, tried to put them on. Said it was trash, "nobody bumps this in the hood" then when swimming pool came out now section 80 is dope foh

word, out here ppl didn't really bump Kendrick till A1 Everything
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Threadstarter obviously never bust his gun

Lmao no but on some real ? I feel you, like I hear everything "on the street"
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? in the hood either listening to ? thats local/that they recorded or most likely whatever ? is on the radio... Yall actin like hood ? be on some individualistic thinkin for themselves type ? or something, thats only nerds b
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The ? up part about it is that these posters that scream "I'm From the hood and we listen to [insert artist]" are just conformists that can't think of themselves. On top of the hood listening to low-level trap artists nowadays and claiming that it is "real ? " is just terrifying.
  • Wild Self
    Options
    I remember before Kendrick really blew up I was listening to section 80, tried to put them on. Said it was trash, "nobody bumps this in the hood" then when swimming pool came out now section 80 is dope foh

Tell me about it. its like some of these hood dudes want to identify with the lowest common denominator and re-enforce every stereotype there is.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    and the battle continues..
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always find it humorous when people openly admit to only listening to music for validation amongst their peers. Be an individual.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    JerfyT wrote: »
    I always find it humorous when people openly admit to only listening to music for validation amongst their peers. Be an individual.

Its funny cuz certain people never bump Big Sean, MeeK Mill, Maino, or French Montana...in fact I dont think I ever heard them liking anything that has ever come out.. Back to the hood ? tho.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate it when people want to throw up some list of stuff they listen toting to be with the in crowd and ? . I remember when certain artists like Kanye and Jay were shouting out Coldplay and dudes like John Mayer and ? , then all of a sudden these ? thugs were rocking your body is a wonderland and ? . Just do you man, quit trying to follow the cool crowd and ? . It's so funny how people were on that hiphop rockstar ? a few years ago and was putting cats ike Linkin Park on a pedistal like they're rock gods or something. People are sheep and it needs to stop. Man I remember growing up in the 80's and 90's, the hood was bumping hiphop but the hood was also bumping Phil Collins, Hall and Oates, and all kinds of white folks and soft R&B.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another defense strategy....Its true to a point, but discrediting something because it isnt bumping in the hood is just crazy to me.....mofos that say this are the same ones that utter ? like "dont bang in the whip or it dont bang in the clubs" You'd think that every hood is the same if you listen to certain people....We listened to all kinds of music in my old neighborhood....The oldschool cats would be on the block moving heroine listening to Keith Sweat, Whodini and Loose Ends out of a boombox....This is some new school ? .....
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C/S what has been said in this thread. ? listening to only one genre of music or form of rap.

Fools be bumping to some songs that have samples from genres that they are hating on. No logic in that thought process.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I listen to what I like ? what the "hood" is playing.
  • Wild Self
    Options
    Bob Marley said to emancipate yourself from mental slavery..,
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    it's funny cause i try to tell ? this everyday. the hood is such a small part of society and music as a whole. Like the number of spins in yo homie's ride is any type of indicator of success.
    I ain't never heard anybody slapping adele in the wip, and yet her last album moved over 28 million units. meanwhile most of these "hood" artists still moving work cause they're rent is late.