Marissa Alexander released from jail for Thanksgiving

Options

Comments

• MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.Taylor wrote: »
    Ok i heard it.Still dont change the fact that they had her facing 20 ? years in prison.

agree
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im sure there's way more to the story than an abusive husband and warning shots. But I cant prove it so Im just gonna be happy a black person got out of jail. But if the ? ol' boy said is right then that ? needs to be in jail.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok i heard it.Still dont change the fact that they had her facing 20 ? years in prison.

You must not have been paying attention to everything that was disclosed.

She didn't fire a "warning shot" at the ceiling.

She tried to ? her husband, the bullet barely missed the top of his head.....and got lodged in he ceiling in another room.

That whole story about her firing a warning shot made it seem like she just fired a shot straight up in the air.

Basically, she was trying to ? her husband in front of his/their kids and tried to cover it up with a stand-your-ground defense.

The prosecutor offered her a 3yr plea deal and she turned that down to.

Just look at it like this: she didn't get 20 years for a warning shot....she got it for attempted murder.

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She was in an abusive relationship right? lets just say she got tired and tried to blow this ? head off.No winners in that situation.
  • deadeye
    Options
    She was in an abusive relationship right?

True, but she was the abuser.

Her husband had a restraining order out against her.

She was breaking the law just by showing up at the house.

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

sounds like the cat on that Youtube vid has an agenda of his own here

A personal axe to grind, and hard as he tries he can barely contain his contempt for this (black) woman
    that goes beyond the situation at hand here

Tommy Sotomayor???
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

She tried to ? her husband, the bullet barely missed the top of his head.....and got lodged in he ceiling in another room.

That whole story about her firing a warning shot made it seem like she just fired a shot straight up in the air.

Basically, she was trying to ? her husband in front of his/their kids and tried to cover it up with a stand-your-ground defense.

Just look at it like this: she didn't get 20 years for a warning shot....she got it for attempted murder.

Can you show evidence of any of this? Cuz I dont believe ? in a police report to be honest. Maybe a forensic report for the bullet or maybe the restraining order.

A judge isnt just gonna let somebody out of jail because a bunch of femi-nazis said so. THen again...this is america.
  • deadeye
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »

Can you show evidence of any of this?

Nah.

Just assumed it was true because I saw it on a youtube video.

Seriously though, it looked like dude was reading from transcripts/court records.

• Chef_Taylor
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Nah..i aint finna sit up here and believe dat big ? was the victim here...he prolly stole off on her and she bust her guns... and still she was standing her ground by florida state crooked laws, only thing that throws the ball in old boy court is that this went on while the kids were present.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She hasn't had ? in years. damn I know she wet.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    She hasn't had ? in years. damn I know she wet.

Wetter than dasani down there.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bish betta move the fucc outta florida quicc
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Nate D.O. wrote: »
    bish betta move the fucc outta florida quicc

Same was said about zimmerman...and he's still there.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Thanksgiving Day aka Native American Massacre day aka prelude black slavery

"Whatever irrelevant ? that keeps the ? happy" is what they say
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marissa-Alexander-e1373770270746.jpeg
    met_06AlexanderHeari_3.jpg
    ap378662212907.jpg?itok=yxYRlH5R
    You can tell those 2 years has taken a toll on her.
    Stay strong babygurl.

man i kno that ?
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah..i aint finna sit up here and believe dat big ? was the victim here...he prolly stole off on her and she bust her guns... and still she was standing her ground by florida state crooked laws, only thing that throws the ball in old boy court is that this went on while the kids were present.

Kinda sexist to believe a woman can't physically abuse a man.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't watch the video, but I did read a lot information on this case a while back when it was in the news.

If what I read was true:

1. There was a restraining order.
    2. He started beating on her during her visit.
    3. She actually went to her car to grab the gun.
    4. The shot she fired went right over dudes head (While he was in front of his kids).

So, I guess the state has to prove that this was a shot that was aimed to ? and NOT just a "warning" shot as she says.

Too add, she had the chance to leave the situation when she went to car car, but she didn't. She came back with the gun to fire a warning shot.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Didn't hurt a soul served three years of a 20 year sentence

Zimmermann killed a child and assaulted at least 4 others ( some with weapons) hasn't spent 2 days in prison and got a lesser bail

You talk about it like you're actually doing things to alter this obviously flawed legislation.
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    uhmm
    i think this story got a twist
    homegirl was abusing her husband and disappeared and left him with the kids
    she was staying with her ex boyfriend and was MIA for over two weeks
    she had been given a plea deal that would have given her 3 year probation
    she pulled I am a woman card and has been given a boost by feminist websites, blogs and talking heads
    after refusing the deal
    and saying it was stand your ground
    the police have a record on her for attacking her husband numerous times with weapons and after being given a restraining order
    pick ya battles and dont drink the kool aid

Anyone have source links? Because this could explain the 20
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

Kinda sexist to believe a woman can't physically abuse a man.
    How-about-no-bear.jpg

by defualt the male animal is stronger.

• desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ BIGG WILL

If im not mistaken she claimed she couldnt open up the garage door for some reason so she went back inside the house to make her way out the front door and thats when she ran into her husband
  • deadeye
    Options
    @ BIGG WILL

If im not mistaken she claimed she couldnt open up the garage door for some reason

29-Camron-NP.gif

"Claimed" being the key word.

Funny how the door was working ok when it was checked to corroborate her story.

Nothing scientific, but just observing her body language during the CNN interview.....old girl looks shady as ? .
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't remember reading that part. Doesn't add up though because she still went to the car to grab to gun.
  • deadeye
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »
    Marissa-Alexander-e1373770270746.jpeg
    met_06AlexanderHeari_3.jpg
    ap378662212907.jpg?itok=yxYRlH5R
    You can tell those 2 years has taken a toll on her.
    Stay strong babygurl.

man i kno that ?

@Plap_Star

How do you know that young lady?
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    @BIGG_WILL

Yea after the garage door didnt open knowing their was a possibility her husband who had just attempted to ? her was inside waiting she retrieved her gun....supposedly lol

Its plausible...I guess

I really don't know what to believe