I need help understanding the movie _____________.

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
I need help understanding the movie the american.

please put questions and answers in spoilers
? just come after george clooneys character but they never explain why, also how did he find out the chick wanted him killed

Comments

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Is that the one he was smashing a bad Italian prostitute?

If so, I don't remember ? about that movie other than ole girls breastesses.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was possibly the worst movie I've ever seen.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this does go for every movie
    gns wrote: »
    Is that the one he was smashing a bad Italian prostitute?

If so, I don't remember ? about that movie other than ole girls breastesses.

yes....but she was ok
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    It was possibly the worst movie I've ever seen.

yea that ? was terrible 2 hour fragrance commercial
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    can someone explain the oldboy ending
    what i understood was the villain was sleeping wit his sister then word got out and her brother killed her or did she commit suicide?and i was confused about the box?what was in it?and what was he begging the villain not to tell her?basically what was the twist cause i didnt get it

i know im way off , if someone can break it down. I know its a cult classic but it wasnt what i expected it dragged imo.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the American was dope I dunno why ppl hate it so much. You have to watch it a few times to catch what is actually going on but still.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    I need help understanding the movie the american.

please put questions and answers in spoilers
    ? just come after george clooneys character but they never explain why, also how did he find out the chick wanted him killed
    From what I understood, Clooney's character was becoming soft so his handler wanted him killed. His handler was the only person who knew where Clooney was at, so when the swedish assassin comes after him and he kills him he's suspicious of his handler and the person he's making the sniper for. So he rigged the gun to backfire and when he went to check the body the handler tried to ? him. Confirming that suspicion.

And how would I understand that Clooney's character is getting soft at the beginning of the movie? Because he was tormented by having to ? the woman in the beginning of the movie later on. And even though it seemed like it was cold blooded, the idea that he still thinking on it is something that isn't required of someone in that line of business.

The movie doesn't lay out all the reasons step by step but you can piece together why it plays out the way it does as the movie goes on. Assassins aren't allowed to leave the game alive.

I didn't think it was anything great but I don't see how it's some horrible movie. It was ok to me.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what i understood was the villain was sleeping wit his sister then word got out and her brother killed her or did she commit suicide?and i was confused about the box?what was in it?and what was he begging the villain not to tell her?basically what was the twist cause i didnt get it

i know im way off , if someone can break it down. I know its a cult classic but it wasnt what i expected it dragged imo.
    Old boy was ? his own daughter. he was begging dude not to tell her.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeah c/s @stopitfive.. i just saw the movie myself last week
    the proof of him ? his own daughter was in the box.. and the villain. i guess helped his sister ? herself
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jusdre313 wrote: »

yeah c/s @stopitfive.. i just saw the movie myself last week
    the proof of him ? his own daughter was in the box.. and the villain. i guess helped his sister ? herself
    he didn't ? his sister he tried saving her,his whole vengeance was based around the fact that oldboys rumours led her to commit suicide on some forbidden love ? .which is why his revenge scheme is ? awesome.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    at the end of the american i said no words. I opened my laptop and proceeded to politely email redbox and tell them i want my $1.07 back cause that movie was butt sauce
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need someone to explain who greenlit movie 43?
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fountain. That ? was dumb as ? .
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fountain. That ? was dumb as ? .

That movie was good. It had a $75 million budget but got cut down to $35 mil so as is it wasnt the movie we were meant to see, ? was still solid especially for a genre i dont really ? with. The director actually recut and re-shot some of it but since it only made $10 mil in box office originally it may never get released. A lot of movies go over yall ? heads tho.