Boardwalk Empire To End After Season 5?

Options
themadlionsfan
themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
‘BOARDWALK EMPIRE’ SEASON 5 TO END THE SERIES?
by Kevin Fitzpatrick December 5, 2013 12:14 PM
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Series Finale
HBO
HBO’s ‘Boardwalk Empire‘ fared surprisingly well with critics in its fourth season, even as the period gangster drama has consistently failed to achieve the same buzz as some of its predecessors, but could the fifth season in 2014 prove its last?

Take this one with a grain of salt mind you, but it seems a recent 4Chan report (via Uproxx) suggests that HBO will look to make ‘Boardwalk Empire’ season 5 the last with a slightly reduced order of episodes, as well. However dubious an anonymous 4Chan post might seem, the source has been credited with multiple inside looks at the HBO series in the past.

According to the report, showrunner Terence Winter’s interest in moving on to his ? Jagger-produced, Bobby Cannavale-starring record executive drama could take Winter off ‘Boardwalk Empire’ after the fifth season, while HBO works internally to set a number of episodes for the likely final season:

It’s not official yet. It’s just rumblings I’ve heard throughout the office. First it was 10 episodes, then maybe 9 and now I believe they’ve settled on 8. This probably won’t be announced for some time until HBO figures out their schedule and budgets I’m sure but I’ve been told that 5 will be the last season.

The report could make a degree of sense, as HBO has typically allowed its series to operate without the same stretches as fellow pay cable networks like Showtime, while ‘Boardwalk Empire’ has never achieved the same marquee status as ‘Game of Thrones,’ for instance. HBO has also begun operating ‘True Blood‘ with a reduced number of episodes as it heads into the final season, while ‘Treme‘ wraps up its fourth and final season with a handful of episodes.

We’ll keep our ear to the ground for the latest, but what say you? Should ‘Boardwalk Empire’ season 5 prove the last, would you be satisfied with its end?

Comments

• smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thats some ? if its true...
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last season was probably the best.. only for it to end next season on only 8 episodes? Tragic.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    terence winter already has it set when he wants the show to end so i won't believe this unless it gets confirmed from either him or HBO
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad news. I expected this to go for at least 8 seasons.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope not

If So, there's alot of spin off material
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HBO gives no ? ....see how they did How To Make It in America
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ‘BOARDWALK EMPIRE’ SEASON 5 TO END THE SERIES?
    by Kevin Fitzpatrick December 5, 2013 12:14 PM
    Share on Facebook
    Share on Twitter
    Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Series Finale
    HBO
    HBO’s ‘Boardwalk Empire‘ fared surprisingly well with critics in its fourth season, even as the period gangster drama has consistently failed to achieve the same buzz as some of its predecessors, but could the fifth season in 2014 prove its last?

Take this one with a grain of salt mind you, but it seems a recent 4Chan report (via Uproxx) suggests that HBO will look to make ‘Boardwalk Empire’ season 5 the last with a slightly reduced order of episodes, as well. However dubious an anonymous 4Chan post might seem, the source has been credited with multiple inside looks at the HBO series in the past.

According to the report, showrunner Terence Winter’s interest in moving on to his ? Jagger-produced, Bobby Cannavale-starring record executive drama could take Winter off ‘Boardwalk Empire’ after the fifth season, while HBO works internally to set a number of episodes for the likely final season:

It’s not official yet. It’s just rumblings I’ve heard throughout the office. First it was 10 episodes, then maybe 9 and now I believe they’ve settled on 8. This probably won’t be announced for some time until HBO figures out their schedule and budgets I’m sure but I’ve been told that 5 will be the last season.

The report could make a degree of sense, as HBO has typically allowed its series to operate without the same stretches as fellow pay cable networks like Showtime, while ‘Boardwalk Empire’ has never achieved the same marquee status as ‘Game of Thrones,’ for instance. HBO has also begun operating ‘True Blood‘ with a reduced number of episodes as it heads into the final season, while ‘Treme‘ wraps up its fourth and final season with a handful of episodes.

We’ll keep our ear to the ground for the latest, but what say you? Should ‘Boardwalk Empire’ season 5 prove the last, would you be satisfied with its end?

C'mon man.
  • Dattadude72
    Dattadude72 Members Posts: 52
    Options
    it depends on how they decide to end it, it can't be no regular ass ending either Nucky go to jail, prohibition ends or the depression starts
  • smokelahoma
    Options
    it depends on how they decide to end it, it can't be no regular ass ending either Nucky go to jail, prohibition ends or the depression starts

it should end with Nucky going to jail, Capone setting up the St. Valentines Day massacre, and Luciano setting up Joe Masseria at the resturaunt. I could see how it would end next season I just dont want it to and I dont think that the time periods are up to historical accuracy...
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

it should end with Nucky going to jail, Capone setting up the St. Valentines Day massacre, and Luciano setting up Joe Masseria at the resturaunt. I could see how it would end next season I just dont want it to and I dont think that the time periods are up to historical accuracy...
    But the real Nucky didn't see the Feds til later on
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope they dont. I just started watching the show this year. Love it so far, only 3/4 thru season 2 atm.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Terence Winter wanted to tell the story within 6 seasons. Let that man cook.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

the real nucky was nothing like how they have him on the show either tho
  • smokelahoma
    Options

true, I said I dont think that the time periods are historically accurate. but as atribecalledgabi mentioned, the real Nucky wasnt much like the one on the show at all. they've taken liberties with that character before, I imagine they will again.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HBO gives no ? ....see how they did How To Make It in America

but let them ? shows like enlightened, girls, j'aime private school cook

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I could do a few more seasons of BE

That rock ? sounds wack to me

I hope HBO doesn't ? on BE after such a great season

8 eps ain't enough to end the show for good

They can't take away BE after Breaking bad just ended
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just started watching boardwalk. dope show. Just watched the epispde where ? smashed his own moms. smh.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    s.free wrote: »
    Just watched the epispde where ? smashed his own moms. smh.

I planned on quitting on the show after that scene. I looked away during most of it.

• TRILLip Brooks
    Options
    Some minor info on next season
    It will feature flashbacks of teenage Nucky, showing his come up
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's an even wacker note to go out on. With all the stuff currently going on, subtracting time to explore it all seems ridiculous.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that might mean were gonna see less of buscemi/cheap way to go out...
  • TRILLip Brooks
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »

That's an even wacker note to go out on. With all the stuff currently going on, subtracting time to explore it all seems ridiculous.

I read somewhere it might only be 8 episodes. Don't know how much truth there is to that statement