video of Christians burning suspected witches

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    witch burning is never mentioned in the bible.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Couldn't finish the video and im fine about that. ? is wild
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    witch burning is never mentioned in the bible.

This. These people are insane and have their own beliefs. No human being should have intentions of burning someone alive, especially due to religion.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to do this to threadstarter for being a ? that idolizes pokemon.
  • DafuqYo
    DafuqYo Members Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Options
    DafuqYo wrote: »
    ? trash! Burning people because a book of fables and parables told you too? Dumb motherfuckas

WHAT BIBLE TOLD THEM 2 DO THAT??

The evil one
    Exodus 22:18 ESV

“You shall not permit a sorceress to live.
    Leviticus 20:27 ESV
    “A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones; their blood shall be upon them.”

Obviously they read the book and you didn't.

That is the O.T and therefore is not the ultimate source for christian behavior also no one was stoned too death in the video.

What makes it not?

christ's words are supreme and they reign over everything else they are the ultimate reasoning behind the other laws.

So who's words are the ot?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    ? doesn't impede mankind's ability to exercise our gift of free will. The knowledge of good and evil was the choice we made in the Garden of Eden. What you see in the world today are the results of that choice.

But don't be deceived, just because somebody does things in the name of "Jesus Christ" doesn't mean that they know Him. ? has a word for those who work iniquity and yet still claim to know Him.

“Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who work iniquity.’"
    Matthew 7:21-23

Amen.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Christianity has caused more unnecessary death in Africa than any other religion practiced there
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Insanity. Absolute insanity
  • zombie
    Options
    ? trash! Burning people because a book of fables and parables told you too? Dumb motherfuckas

The evil one

“A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones; their blood shall be upon them.”

That is the O.T and therefore is not the ultimate source for christian behavior also no one was stoned too death in the video.

What makes it not?

christ's words are supreme and they reign over everything else they are the ultimate reasoning behind the other laws.

Depends on which sections of the o.t you are reading unless it's a prophet speaking then it's not law
    The o.t laws were given for a reason and for certain people at a certain time.
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    @DoUwant2go2Heaven? What do you mean ? does not impede in mankind? What book are you reading? That's all he did.

In exodus he impeded. Did he not harden the pharaoh's heart several times?

Did he not help people won wars?

In job did he not impede there as well?

There's so many examples.

What I don't get is he would Flood the whole word because of his disappointmentin his creation. He'll involve himself in trivial matters yet he does nothing about his own people either deliberately twisting his words or simple misunderstanding them.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »

We don't een know the back story...We don't know why the villagers accused them of witchcraft...The people in the pit mighta been casting "spells" on children and ? them...They mighta been the worst kinda people and the town as a whole wanted them gone...No different than Americans rallying behind the death penalty for certain criminals...But all we see is "Christian", "Burning", and "Witches"...So erthing else goes out the window...

• DafuqYo
    Options
    Lol @ casting spells.
    If there are people in Africa that can cast spells and have powers then why the hell don't they work with these people to cast spells on White people?
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Take this ? to R&R
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    jono wrote: »

We don't een know the back story...We don't know why the villagers accused them of witchcraft...The people in the pit mighta been casting "spells" on children and ? them...They mighta been the worst kinda people and the town as a whole wanted them gone...No different than Americans rallying behind the death penalty for certain criminals...But all we see is "Christian", "Burning", and "Witches"...So erthing else goes out the window...

What's interesting is that these good christians trying to separate themselves would have a whole different response to this if that was the case.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ casting spells.
    If there are people in Africa that can cast spells and have powers then why the hell don't they work with these people to cast spells on White people?

Every place in Africa isn't run by or populated with white people...What you mean...?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Battling me is like Africa, yeah ? talk about it but they really don't wanna go there"
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cultural relativism is a principle that was established as axiomatic in anthropological research by Franz Boas in the first few decades of the 20th century and later popularized by his students. Boas first articulated the idea in 1887: "...civilization is not something absolute, but ... is relative, and ... our ideas and conceptions are true only so far as our civilization goes."

It is what it is. We are the product of our environment. Let's flip it, who are we to judge? We so called 'civilised people'bomb kids in Iraq, buy commodities made by slave laborers, industrialize meat production torturing animals, ruin mother nature everywhere we set foot etc. We ain't ? ? . We are a bunch of ? . And we still got the nerve to call out some tribes in africa? Aw, hell nah mufucka.
  • DafuqYo
    Options

The evil one

What makes it not?

Depends on which sections of the o.t you are reading unless it's a prophet speaking then it's not law

So where did the prophets get these laws from? They made them up?

Let's play it like this then.

Did or did not Jesus say that he did not come to change the laws of the old prophets?
  • zombie
    edited December 2013
    Options

The evil one

What makes it not?

So where did the prophets get these laws from? They made them up?

Let's play it like this then.

Did or did not Jesus say that he did not come to change the laws of the old prophets?

THE PROPHETS got the law from ? BUT like i said they were for israel the nation

Christ said he came to fullfill the law Matt 5:17
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    @zombie
    Lets look at the whole thing shall we.
    Teaching about the Law17“Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of ? ’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved.19So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys ? ’s laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.20“But I warn you—unless your righteousness is better than the righteousness of the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven![/qoute]

According to this the laws still stand.

And what laws did he fulfill? Tell me that. What does he mean be fulfill. Because according to the old laws of what the messiah was suppose to fulfill, jesus did didn't fulfill ? .
  • zombie
    Options
    @zombie
    Teaching about the Law17“Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of ? ’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved.19So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys ? ’s laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.20“But I warn you—unless your righteousness is better than the righteousness of the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven![/qoute]

And what laws did he fulfill? Tell me that. What does he mean be fulfill. Because according to the old laws of what the messiah was suppose to fulfill, jesus did didn't fulfill ? .

You do not understand Christ is the embodiment of the law he fillfilled the purpose of the law
    which was to create a light unto all nations.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they didnt molest or murder anyone they didn't deserve that ? .

But that ? aint just happening in Africa. In Mexico they're cutting ? heads off and recording that ? .

But when you have no real law...when youbdont have a powerful goverbing body that holds people accountable forbsick ass ? like this.... this is what you get.

I wish I could shoot everybody out there.
  • Pr0n
    Pr0n Members Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the animal in man
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    @zombie

You do not understand Christ is the embodiment of the law he fillfilled the purpose of the law
    which was to create a light unto all nations.

But he didn't create light in all the nations Bro. If anything his followers used his name to create more violence. Remember the white man came to America as representatives of Jesus's people.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @DoUwant2go2Heaven? What do you mean ? does not impede in mankind? What book are you reading? That's all he did.

In exodus he impeded. Did he not harden the pharaoh's heart several times?

Did he not help people won wars?

In job did he not impede there as well?

There's so many examples.

What I don't get is he would Flood the whole word because of his disappointmentin his creation. He'll involve himself in trivial matters yet he does nothing about his own people either deliberately twisting his words or simple misunderstanding them.

1. ? is sovereign, meaning that He does as He wills to accomplish His purpose.

2. Pharaoh hardened his own heart. The Lord just confirmed what was already in his heart to begin with. Pharaoh never wanted to serve the Lord, bow down to Him, nor worship Him. His heart was full of rebellion and it never changed even after all the judgments, hence Pharaoh still trying to chase after the Hebrews before they crosed the Red Sea.

3. ? works all things for the good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

4. Where did ? impede in the book of Job? He actually lets the Devil tempt Job to curse ? . And Job passes the temptation by keeping his integrity. ? is seen as the sovereign, the one who controlls all, even the Devil. Amen.

5. Read the end of the book of Revelation. ? does warn of punishment for those who deliberatly twist His word, by adding to it or taking away from it.

"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, ? will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, ? will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll." Revelation 22:18-19