Comments

• Bookworm
    Bookworm Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm surprised at how much she talks about sex on it.

Same here .. After becoming a mother her lyrics became more sexually explicit I wonder why

Album reminds me of Janet's All For You with the freakiness .. But not as good

Interesting having the Nigerian author/novelist Ngozi Adichie on there.

The album is nothing ground-breaking (musically). Its a Beyonce album only difference is she dropped 'em without any fanfare (reports said they were 80,000 downloads via iTunes just 3 hours after release) .. .
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Beyonce Bound for No. 1 As Sales Soar Past 400,000

By Silvio Petroluongo | December 14, 2013 8:28 PM EST

Beyonce’s self-titled surprise release, which hit iTunes exclusively on Thursday evening (9 p.m. PT), has now sold over 430,000 units in just over one day, guaranteeing it the top slot on the Billboard 200 once that chart’s top 10 is revealed mid-week.

As reported yesterday, "Beyonce" shifted slightly over 80,000 in the three hours from 9 p.m. PT to midnight on Thursday evening and on Friday sold another 350,000, according to industry sources putting the total at 430,000. With two more days left in the sales tracking week, the title could sell over 600,000 before the buzzer sounds.

The iTunes exclusive “visual” album, retailing for $15.99 contains 14 tracks- not available for a la carte purchases until Dec. 20- and 14 accompanying videos, along with other bonus video content.

At 430,000, "Beyonce" is already set to become the biggest debuting album by a female artist since Taylor Swift sold an astounding 1.2 million copies of "Red" in the week corresponding to Billboard 200 chart dated Nov 10, 2012. And if predictions in the 600,000 range hold, the set would grant Beyonce the best debut week- and best sales week period- of her career. Her 2006 album "B'day" started with 541,000 in September 2006.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/5839787/beyonce-bound-for-no-1-as-sales-soar-past-400000
  • focus
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Which Songs Will Be the First Singles?
    December 13, 2013 7:18 PM EST

When Beyonce’s fifth album arrived surreptitiously Friday morning at midnight, it was without the aid of an advance single, marketing campaign, radio airplay or TV performances. But now that it’s out and setting iTunes ablaze with a weeklong, album-only exclusive, which of the album’s 14 tracks will get the single treatment?

Starting next week, it will be two -- the Pharrell Williams-produced “Blow” at Top 40, and the Jay Z-assisted “? In Love” at R&B/Hip Hop, starting next week, according to multiple sources who confirmed plans to Billboard. “XO,” a rousing ballad penned by Ryan Tedder and The-Dream, will follow later in 2014 as the second single at Top 40.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5839719/how-beyonce-stayed-a-secret-and-which-songs-will-be-the-first-singles
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    This is a dope album. Great production, dope/interesting videos. This one actually bumps more than any album I think she's released so far. Glad to see her return more to her hip-hop roots. One of the best albums of the year. Props to Beyonce.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    KillaCham wrote: »
    She killed the game with this one. LOL @ randomly dropping an album with no promo or mention of it and it's about to do numbers...while Mariah and them struggling to announce release dates. She dropped a music video for every single song too. Gotta respect it.

Speaking on my girl again?

Funny how all the singles she put out go plat alone? Mariah is set with albums she can still put one out but shes set. Now for your girl Nikki shes flop status. Better wish she dont drop anything cause its going double wood.
    Why you getting all pissy with me bro? I was just making an example. :-[ Mariah tries to get hits and build buzz with trends, repressing singles, and having the flavor of the month on her songs...and she's still a flop and shook to drop her album cause it's gonna tank worse than her last ? LP did.

Beyonce just straight up put the "no promo" excuse to rest cause she's about to do 600k in 3 days with no prior promo or build up. The power of her own celebrity is all she needed.

LMAO @ Mariah dropping Platinum singles. You know 5 of her last 6 singles never even made the Hot 100?? And before that her last single to chart had Nicki on it :laff:
  • focus
    Options
    @killacham might be a little shook cause Beyonce just put out a better Nicki Minaj album than Nicki Minaj.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    I read her label turned down the album she sent in finished and told her to re-group ..

Maybe she said '? it' and dropped 'em just like that

Those label execs are gonna look like idiots if this album does crazy numbers, gets heavy rotation, and multiple awards.

But it won't tho. Her last few albums have been trash IIRC. From what I hear she still plays a lot of her 10+ year old hits during her shows

Huh?

Her last album sold 5 Million copies in 2011.

Oh my mistake. I don't really listen to beyonce
  • Wonder Girl
    Wonder Girl Members Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    I'm surprised at how much she talks about sex on it.

Same here .. After becoming a mother her lyrics became more sexually explicit I wonder why

Album reminds me of Janet's All For You with the freakiness .. But not as good

Interesting having the Nigerian author/novelist Ngozi Adichie on there.

The album is nothing ground-breaking (musically). Its a Beyonce album only difference is she dropped 'em without any fanfare (reports said they were 80,000 downloads via iTunes just 3 hours after release) .. .

I think she might be tryna trend follow when she doesn't have too. She's Beyonce to be honest she can make trends. Maybe she has become more comfortable with sex.

It reminds me of Dangerously In Love a lot with the more soul full sound. I wish she would stick with that sound. It does remind me of that Janet CD, but not as good. It lacks the flow and consistency of that CD.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She killed the game with this one. LOL @ randomly dropping an album with no promo or mention of it and it's about to do numbers...while Mariah and them struggling to announce release dates. She dropped a music video for every single song too. Gotta respect it.

Funny how all the singles she put out go plat alone? Mariah is set with albums she can still put one out but shes set. Now for your girl Nikki shes flop status. Better wish she dont drop anything cause its going double wood.
    Why you getting all pissy with me bro? I was just making an example. :-[ Mariah tries to get hits and build buzz with trends, repressing singles, and having the flavor of the month on her songs...and she's still a flop and shook to drop her album cause it's gonna tank worse than her last ? LP did.

Beyonce just straight up put the "no promo" excuse to rest cause she's about to do 600k in 3 days with no prior promo or build up. The power of her own celebrity is all she needed.

LMAO @ Mariah dropping Platinum singles. You know 5 of her last 6 singles never even made the Hot 100?? And before that her last single to chart had Nicki on it :laff:

Funny thing is beautiful went #15 on the top 100
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    @killacham might be a little shook cause Beyonce just put out a better Nicki Minaj album than Nicki Minaj.

Thats not surprising.

Bey>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nicki
  • ayyubam2002
    ayyubam2002 Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't why you all are arguing about her business practices. This is a good album to me and I had never brought a Beyonce album before this one. That "Heaven" song is beautiful.
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The only other Beyoncé album I bought was Dangerously In Love. I've heard all of them, but I think this album is her best one, so I don't agree with the criticism in here.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I aint peep it yet but even ? Bey fans I know been
    Clownin the ? outta this album. Is the ? that bad yall?
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited December 2013
    Options

Lol and then we got...

2013: The Art of Letting Go - DID NOT CHART
    2012: Triumphant (Get 'Em) - DID NOT CHART
    2010: Angels Cry - DID NOT CHART
    2010: Up Out My Face: #100
    2009: H.A.T.E.U: DID NOT CHART

Stop tryna make people care about Mariah. You're better off spending your time buying The Art of Napping on iTunes. It's not too late to make it chart somewhere.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why people act like she is a Disney character who is asexual. She a grown ? woman, literally. Lol

Its like the miley cyrus ? , people want to box these artists in like they cant evolve.
  • Wonder Girl
    Wonder Girl Members Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Why people act like she is a Disney character who is asexual. She a grown ? woman, literally. Lol

Its like the miley cyrus ? , people want to box these artists in like they cant evolve.

Its not that's. The fact is its something completely left field for her and her fans. Its good, but a little unexpected. I think sometimes she tipping the line on following the trend. Beyonce never had to be super sexual for her to sell, so why do it now.

Miley is just so over the top that's why people think its a problem.
  • _Menace_
    Options

Lol and then we got...

2013: The Art of Letting Go - DID NOT CHART
    2012: Triumphant (Get 'Em) - DID NOT CHART
    2010: Angels Cry - DID NOT CHART
    2010: Up Out My Face: #100
    2009: H.A.T.E.U: DID NOT CHART

Stop tryna make people care about Mariah. You're better off spending your time buying The Art of Napping on iTunes. It's not too late to make it chart somewhere.

Look at those false stats. Where's your girl at? That ? is officially done she's flop status.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    The art of letting go didnt chart because it wasn't Realeased to the radio Mariah just shared the song she hasn't done promo for it yet other than being on jimmy fallon
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just cause it sells doesn't mean it isn't bad lol

But 4 was dope though
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    got damn 400k in less than a week with no promo no nothing!!!! damn thats powerful ? ...
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    got damn 400k in less than a week with no promo no nothing!!!! damn thats powerful ? ...

Not many can pull that off.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    She's at 600k I think..
    She's going plat before this week ends