Aesop Rock????

Options
G.Avant
G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
Do any of yall mess with this Aesop Rock dude. I been running across his vids lately and dude seems to be one of them lyrical miracle, abstract ? with no real substance rappers. And his fans seem to be annoying as ? too, on some pretentious hipster type ? . Oh yeah and apparently ASAP Rocky stole his name from this dude too lol.

So let me know IC is he wack? Or..............

Is he wack?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEBGCOCxLgA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4EX3iQ7eyw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHONpoIUjm8

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Complex magazine rapper
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He been rapping for a minute but I never liked him or his fans. I spoke on them not too long ago in a thread started by my man @nujerz.
  • G.Avant
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    He been rapping for a minute but I never liked him or his fans. I spoke on them not too long ago in a thread started by my man @nujerz.

yeah that's right I remember that thread
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the beats on his float record are crazy. i'm not a big fan but he does his thing. i do agree that his fans are annoying as ? but i wouldn't call him a complex magazine rapper since he predates them and also they're not secure in their hipsterness enough to show him any love without being worried about how it would be perceived.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    better at producing than rapping.

in other words he's a typical def jux rapper.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hes wack and asap rocky didnt steal his name. Dudes been out for a whike tho
  • G.Avant
    Options

I know ASAP didn't steal his name that was a joke lol, but his fans do hate dude though. And I had been heard of him, but just now really going through some of his tracks.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with him. I only got 2 albums tho. I got labor days and skelethon. Both were amazing
  • Muhannad
    edited December 2013
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »

I know ASAP didn't steal his name that was a joke lol, but his fans do hate dude though. And I had been heard of him, but just now really going through some of his tracks.
    Could be but back in the day this sh*t wouldn't fly. It's just like when that slow n*gga J-Kwon came out heads felt he kinda bit Rae. Some things you just don't do IMO.

PS You got a n*gga named Short Dogg eventhough that's been Too $hort's nickname since the late 80's or w/e. I don't know man, these new dudes got different rules to this game I guess...
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He can rhyme but as other stated he a Complex/Pitchfork Rapper.. He is backpack nerd rap
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the beats on his float record are crazy. i'm not a big fan but he does his thing. i do agree that his fans are annoying as ? but i wouldn't call him a complex magazine rapper since he predates them and also they're not secure in their hipsterness enough to show him any love without being worried about how it would be perceived.

• G.Avant
    Options

Could be but back in the day this sh*t wouldn't fly. It's just like when that slow n*gga J-Kwon came out heads felt he kinda bit Rae. Some things you just don't do IMO.

PS You got a n*gga named Short Dogg eventhough that's been Too $hort's nickname since the late 80's or w/e. I don't know man, these new dudes got different rules to this game I guess...

One dude name is based off of a Greek storyteller other an acronym for always strive and prosper, different spelling and everything, It's nitpicking to be tripping over similar syllables in this situation. They're still two distinct names.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ASAP rocky is named that because his name is Rakim I believe. I did once have someone tell me they don't ? with Rocky because they were an Aesop rock fan though lol

Never been a fan of Aesop
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont hate the dude. I dont understand most of the ? hes talking about though. I liked his albums Labor Days and Float tho.

This is my favorite song by him. ? is dope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igUsHrFqegE
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »

Never been a fan of Aesop

• Muhannad
    Options

One dude name is based off of a Greek storyteller other an acronym for always strive and prosper, different spelling and everything, It's nitpicking to be tripping over similar syllables in this situation. They're still two distinct names.
    I didn't really care, but I was just saying rappers used to watch out for name resemblances. I can give two f*cks about a wack a*s Aesop Rock BTW.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hipster ? ... nah mean?
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea been ? with his musicnsince float came out. Waiting on him to drop some new ?
  • G.Avant
    Options

I didn't really care, but I was just saying rappers used to watch out for name resemblances. I can give two f*cks about a wack a*s Aesop Rock BTW.

yeah I wasn't talking about you specifically on the nitpicking
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never heard of him