2014 MAINSTREAM HIPHOP : ARE YOU EXCITED?

Options
LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in The Reason
IC
2013 was a disapointing year mainstream wise. Too many expectations generated by the artists themselves didnt match.

How do you feel about the year to come?

2014 MAINSTREAM HIPHOP : ARE YOU EXCITED? 33 votes

2014 GONNA GET WORSE
15%
Off&Onfuc_i_look_like[Deleted User]bears2248niggasthesedays 5 votes
I THINK THAT 2014 WILL BE BETTER THAN 2013
39%
[Deleted User]nillerthekidsr_the_freshmanDarthRozayLike WaterFyHunnitEar2DaStZigefreshStillFaggyAF32DaysOfInfinitiAnd_So_It_BurnsBrideofKillaWiseGuyy 13 votes
I M SO DISAPOINTED THAT I LL LEAN MORE ON THE UNDERGROUND
12%
dwade206themadlionsfanListencloserLEMZIMUS_RAMSEY 4 votes
STATUS QUO : BIG ANNOUNCES , BIG FLOPPS
33%
OhMarsGot Em Shookgman82DOPEdweebznujerz84StoneColdMikeyAristo_V300nj2089CashmoneyDuxSneakDZATymoney19 11 votes

Comments

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Definitly going underground. ESGN , Black Milk and Run the jewelz were a wake up call to me.

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    2013 was a good year I think we just got too high expectations cuz yeah the rap game is getting better but it's still not where it needs to be.. Be patient
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    2013 was a good year I think we just got too high expectations cuz yeah the rap game is getting better but it's still not where it needs to be.. Be patient

If you frequently promise the storm then always send a sunny sky, im gonna turn my back on you.
    The underground is quiet but fierce and full of gems.
    But like you i pray for a reaction...
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the mainstream... That's ? boy ?
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knowing that Nas, TDE and K.R.I.T are likely to drop >>
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    14 will only get bigger if lemmy stays postin
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    MadSirius wrote: »

We need more than those three mentioned. They got everything on their side to bring some upper class hiphop.
    How come French Montana has a deal and not Freddie Gibbs? Of ESGN was pushed by a big powerhouse it would have been plat...

Its not normal that the indy albums match/outmatch the mainstream ones... imo
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lemzola wrote: »

We need more than those three mentioned. They got everything on their side to bring some upper class hiphop.
    How come French Montana has a deal and not Freddie Gibbs? Of ESGN was pushed by a big powerhouse it would have been plat...

Independent Artists have a lot more creative control & Don't Worry as Much about sales. They all made in the same studios with a lot of the same producers. There's not even a reason to get signed anymore, Major Labels don't push albums like you think, I Feel like 2014 gonna be all about Fan Support. Both Indie & Mainstream
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I really don't see a big named artist coming out next year except for kendrick and nas. maybe if you wanna count ross and jeezy..
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    MrWise wrote: »

Independent Artists have a lot more creative control & Don't Worry as Much about sales. They all made in the same studios with a lot of the same producers. There's not even a reason to get signed anymore, Major Labels don't push albums like you think, I Feel like 2014 gonna be all about Fan Support. Both Indie & Mainstream

If we follow your logic i fear that 2014 will be underground. The creativity is a like an edelweiss in the mainstream field.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    imagine hip hop if artists were categorized by talent and not by their affiliation to corporations..
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want AB Soul, Schoolboy Q and Jay Electronica to drop an album.
  • WiseGuyy
    Options

If we follow your logic i fear that 2014 will be underground. The creativity is a like an edelweiss in the mainstream field.

Underground artist aren't even really underground anymore tho. I think what @stopitfive just said is already starting to happen they all being judged together which is great.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    No Im not excited. Some of my fav rappers are fallin off and the future(no pun) isnt bright.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options

Underground artist aren't even really underground anymore tho. I think what @stopitfive just said is already starting to happen they all being judged together which is great.

I think that the term Underground has another meaning today.

• Meta_Conscious
    Options
    No Im not excited. Some of my fav rappers are fallin off and the future(no pun) isnt bright.

who?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »

who?

I shouldve said "fallin off and or not putting ? out". Jay, Em, Kanye, Ghost, Kast, Goodie etc..
  • WiseGuyy
    Options

I was speaking more for Indie artists. I don't really consider anybody 'underground' anymore. All these ? got the same opportunities now.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options

I was speaking more for Indie artists. I don't really consider anybody 'underground' anymore. All these ? got the same opportunities now.

Not in term of promotion.
  • WiseGuyy
    Options

Not in term of promotion.

Nobody get promotion like that no more. ? do they own promotion. That's what Twitter and ? is for. Interviews, Vlogs, and all that is promotion. Labels don't get you that.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    honestly its make or break for a few rappers that could be ace hood status if they don't deliver

whipped khalifa-rose: he will have a fanbase but he needs to really put out a solid album that gets all of hip hops attention not just white hipsters and weed heads

tweet mill: has yet to get back to the level of buzz of post DC2. Hes one mediocre away from being ace hood on mediocre music group

future gaye-jackson-kelly-hendrix: He had hooks in 2012 but his buzz for his upcoming album really wasnt about ? which is why it was pushed back. If hes doesn't have a good album hell fade to obscurity.

• FyHunnit
    Options

Ion care about Gibbs, my nig.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2014 GONNA GET WORSE
    mainstream hip hop aint been decent since like 08/09. 2014 wont be any different
  • FyHunnit
    Options
    I think underground cats are at fault if they can't get the shine they feel they deserve.
    No excuses now. These ? 's got to hit the nets harder. Run social media properly.

Rappers can easily post in places like this recruit fans n'? .
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Yup looking forward to new music from Boosie and the new 50 album