What label was better Cash Money or No Limit?

Options
genocidecutter
genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in The Reason
Lets face it both labels pretty much ran the south in the late 90's but who do you think made better music

What label was better Cash Money or No Limit? 59 votes

Ca$h Money
52%
[Deleted User]leftcoastkevachewon87nillerthekidBcotton5qtipp73gman82StewCutler 26 INT's LOL!KINGECMr.LVOff&OnKLICHEMaximus RexBilly_PonchoN YO HOODBlackAX410Sour-CreamAristo_V300nj2089 31 votes
No Limit
47%
tharealest561scrapper1the ghostGot Em ShooksullyMECCA1000Cymicaldaneclairvoyancenohiphop1illestni99ainneGlockLesnar Confidential PlayaTheRicanKingMR BUDOGClarenceBoddickermalik0832DaysOfInfinitiMrSoutCitygenocidecutterMr.Forte 28 votes

Comments

• N YO HOOD
    N YO HOOD Members Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ca$h Money
    only one of them is still around making money sooo
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Limit
    N YO HOOD wrote: »

Yeah but look how wack they are now
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Ca$h Money
    No limit was running hip hop during the late 90s, but in the long term Cash Money remained at the top.
  • N YO HOOD
    N YO HOOD Members Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Ca$h Money

wack millionaires
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Ca$h Money

Look at how wack most of No Limit was back then. ? was no better than Atlanta's dance movement
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Ca$h Money
    Cash Money
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Limit
    No Limit was better ....... my reason is this, despite how the whole roster was wack ..... everybody dropped at least one album and you don't here none of them crying over not being paid. Plus P involved his crew in everything from the clothes to the movies ........
    Cash Money has a roster full of weed carriers with no albums ......plus producers, and ex employees who are still waiting on checks .....
    Wayne, Nicki, & Drake are what's keeping them alive ...... and Drake is looking at the front door
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Limit
    No Limit...Juvie was dope then, and Mannie had them tracks but NL had Mac, Fiend, Mia X, and Mystikal, not to mention my ? Snoop
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Limit
    Depends on which criteria you use. In terms of longevity it's Cash Money all day. If it's about which label dropped better music it could go either way. If we voting on impact we gotta go with No Limit. That sh*t was a movement. Yea they fell off after Beats by the pound stopped f*cking with P and everybody jumped ship, but up till now I haven't seen any label pull off what P did. Any release was platinum off the strength of that tank and alot of the releases were kinda wack TBH. N*ggas was using their catch phrases like "Bout it" etc. This sh*t was a movement worldwide. Saw n*ggas in Paris bang they sh*t that could barely speak English.

I chose to let the emcees on the labels be the determining factor.

No Limit had way better spitters and I liked both labels in the 90's. Nobody on Cash Money was even close to seeing Mac. Mac in I need W's when he was lil Mac > anyone on CMB lol. Soulja Slim > anyone on CMB in the 90's and now FOH. Even Kane & Abel and Fiend were better than most on Cash Money in the 90's. Mia X, Snoop etc.
    Cash Money was dope as well but they relied on Fresh heavily. Take away Fresh and what you had left and this is coming from a brother that had Juvie's sh*t, Guerilla Warfare etc. I could just as easily spin their instrumentals IMO.
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Ca$h Money
    You can argue that the hot boyz were better than almost erebody on no limit and that was in the 90s. 3 of the biggest artist today are in cash money, even the best rapper from no limit (mystikal) went to cash money lol
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ca$h Money
    the no Limiyt movement was bigger, however cashmoney had the better music. For every good album is was 3 wack ones with NL.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ca$h Money
    CMR had less fluff, to much filler on NL. 400 Degreez = Unpredictable, but Hotboys >Everything on No Limit.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Limit
    Mac, Soulja Slim > anyone on CMB in the 90's. I deliberately left out rappers like Snoop and Mystikal. No Limit during their reign had way better spitters. N*ggas on here either young or they're not objective.

Mac's Shell Shocked > anything dropped by CMB in the 90's. Soulja Slim - Streets Made Me > anything dropped by CMB. If we solely talking production I could follow some of ya'll but I'm talking bout more factors.
  • Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Limit
    No Limit Records, No contest. Cash Money is nothing but a paper label on Universal Records now. Master P pimped Universal out of millions. P & No Limit Records laid the blueprint for down south music and paved the way for Cash Money. Master P the reason Cash Money got that 30 million dollar deal with Universal in 98. Universal was trying to keep up with Priority Records at that time (as far as rap music goes) so they signed Cash Money to compete with No Limit (who were breaking records on billboard) That's why they never did songs together.
  • Mr.Forte
    Options
    No Limit
    And no disrespect to Mannie Fresh but he not ? with Beats By the Pound.

True Story
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Limit
    It's kinda hard to compare overall musically when no limit would dropped more albums in one year then cash money would drop in a 10 year span but I'll take the best of no limit over the best of cash money any day.....
    TRU>>>
    Ice Cream Man>>>
    Ghetto D>>>
    Unpredictable>>>
    Soulja Slim>>>
    Mac>>>
    Kane and Abel>>>
    Last Meal>>>
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    No Limit
    i'll say this about nl, p didnt shelf niqqaz, no matter how wack they were..
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ca$h Money
    Cash money is still going so...
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Limit

Look at how wack most of No Limit was back then. ? was no better than Atlanta's dance movement

Mac, Soulja Slim, Fiend, Mia X, DIG, Cee, Mystikal, Steady Mobb'n > D4L

Oh yeah, ? the Redskins too. Went 3-13 and gave that 2nd overall pick right to St. Louis.
  • tharealest561
    Options
    No Limit
    Take the best of NL and compare it to the best of CMR. Actually a really good argument, but NL to me had a lot more clout and really put New Orleans on the map nationally.

Ghetto Dope, TRU 2 Da Game, Ice Cream Man, Life or Death, Shell Shocked, Give It 2 Em Raw, There's One In Every Family, I could go on...

It's hard for me to say CMR is undoubtedly better. Did NL drop a lot of bunk ? ? Absolutely, but that's because P was signing his homies fresh off the street to give them an opportunity and was more focused on the money than the quality with a lot of those projects.

Not to mention, he had Mystikal who dropped his best album on NL (Unpredictable) and signed Snoop fresh off Tha Row.

The first Snoop album was viewed as wack by most but the next two albums (BOTH on No Limit) was some of his best work and reunited him with Dre (NL Top Dogg and Tha Last Meal)

From a street aspect, NL had them shook too. C-Murder had a lot of them clowns tucking in their chains in NO.

• Mr.Forte
    Options
    No Limit
    Take the best of NL and compare it to the best of CMR. Actually a really good argument, but NL to me had a lot more clout and really put New Orleans on the map nationally.

Ghetto Dope, TRU 2 Da Game, Ice Cream Man, Life or Death, Shell Shocked, Give It 2 Em Raw, There's One In Every Family, I could go on...

It's hard for me to say CMR is undoubtedly better. Did NL drop a lot of bunk ? ? Absolutely, but that's because P was signing his homies fresh off the street to give them an opportunity and was more focused on the money than the quality with a lot of those projects.

Not to mention, he had Mystikal who dropped his best album on NL (Unpredictable) and signed Snoop fresh off Tha Row.

The first Snoop album was viewed as wack by most but the next two albums (BOTH on No Limit) was some of his best work and reunited him with Dre (NL Top Dogg and Tha Last Meal)

From a street aspect, NL had them shook too. C-Murder had a lot of them clowns tucking in their chains in NO.

Quoted for goatness
  • tharealest561
    Options
    No Limit

Mac, Soulja Slim, Fiend, Mia X, DIG, Cee, Mystikal, Steady Mobb'n > D4L

Oh yeah, ? the Redskins too. Went 3-13 and gave that 2nd overall pick right to St. Louis.

I hear yall gonna get a first rounder for Kirk Cousin tho

LOL I ain't a Redskins fan homie. It's all about those Eagles; I just love kickin them when they down.
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Ca$h Money
    Its all preference, when its comes to longevity its not even close. IMO its not even close musically either. Sqad up mixtape series >>>>>>> any nl project
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Limit
    ignorance towards no limit records and the south in general, i expect to read alotta dumb comments in this one
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ca$h Money
    Da Riddler wrote: »
    Its all preference, when its comes to longevity its not even close. IMO its not even close musically either. Sqad up mixtape series >>>>>>> any nl project

SQAD UP!