If you could tell or give advice musically to your favorite artists..

Options
Ear2DaSt
Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
What would you say?

Comments

• GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Eminem - Just make emotional and deep music like The Eminem Show, Recovery and songs like Rock Bottom, Headlights, Stronger Than I Was, Mockingbird and so on and produce every song on your album yourself like u did with The Eminem Show

If u are ever gonna step outside the emotional element keep the songs at a minimum
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay- don't put out an album just cuz you can break records, or be different just to be different. imo hov is one classic album on the level of BP or RD tp being considered the undisputed GOAT rapper on some Michal Jordan ? .

Kanye- take a hiatus, clear your mind. come back with some heat.

Eminem- you need to find that balance between humor and real ? . stop the supersonic flow.

J Cole- STOP BEING HUMBLE. I'm probably in the minority that I don't mind his own production I have a problem with his subject matter. he just seems so insecure about making it. I feel like he has the most talent out the new class but his albums have underwhelmed me.

Kendrick- so far he doing everything right, didn't release an album but stayed the most relvant. try not to base the rest of his careeer on calling out names. leave control in the past and try to release a classic follow up.
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Lil Boosie - work on hooks and u would be a great all rounded rapper because has great lyrical content and great production but just the hooks are what is stopping u being an all rounded rapper
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye West - Come back with some classic hip hop ? . Just you producing and a limited amount of guests. Make a GOOD Music album that's more like the Good Friday tracks than the Cruel Summer album.

J Cole - Don't produce all of your own ? .

Kid Cudi - Don't produce all of your own ? , and stay away from rock music.

Jay-Z - If you're gonna take a couple years to work on an album that ? better be top notch. You've got access to the all the best beats and producers, don't let your flow and delivery slack, and don't try too hard to be mainstream. bring the mainstream to you.

Jay Elec/Andre 3k - Drop something. ANYTHING. an album, an ep, a mixtape, a single, a ? christmas album. JUST DROP SOMETHING.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big Krit- make more Just Last Week and I'm Flexin type records for more notoriety. Get rid of Johnny Shipes

Just Blaze- ? it bruh, just release all Jay Electronica's ? , he'll thank you later

Nipsey Hussle- you and Jay Rock should do a tape, I'd buy it. Not for $100 though

Young Spodee- get off Grand Hustle, and stop goin to ? jail all the time
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curren$y- Stop using such a lazy flow and spit like you was a few years ago. Come out with another studio album because the stoned immaculate was great. Put out another tape with Alchemist and stop releasing songs thats less than 3 mins.

Kanye-Chill out,shut up, and take a step back and come back with some inspired music from spending time with your fam. Stop overproducing.

Vado-Switch your flow up sometimes, work with more diverse artists, stop saying slime so much. We get it B

Freddie Gibbs-Stop talkin about Jeezy

• gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2pac mom: release the originals

Dr Dre, Andre 3K, Jay elect: trust your self and drop some music

Lupe: get back in the studio with Soundtrack
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I've already told him via email. (K-Rino) I told K to "keep doin what you do and thank you for your music."
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    I would've told Pac not to stomp out Orlando.

might be the realist post ever on the IC. real talk

• 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Try something new... Different
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big: LA is not the place to be at the moment bruh..
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freddie Gibbs - Just make more music like Baby Face Killa. That tape was dope as ? . And I agree...stop talking about Jeezy. Just do the music.

Ghostface - Keep doing what you do.

Mos Def - Release more material. Stop slacking on the music side of things.

Pharoahe Monch - (See Mos Def)

Eminem - make more songs like Role Model and 8 Mile, and spit like we know you can. And for got sakes, stop either singing your own hooks or getting females to sing your hooks. That sound doesn't work. And branch out production-wise. Rap over an Alchemist beat, or a RZA beat, or a Kanye beat.

Joell Ortiz - release some solo material. you're the funnest and maybe most charismatic out of Slaughterhouse. stop limiting yourself to one verse per song on overhyped, underwhelming Slaughterhouse albums
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Jay-z -We get it! you can break any record, Peharps now you can focus on touring and mentoring artists on your label?

DMX - rehab.

Fat Joe - Stop following trends man.You should be setting them like your peers.

Eminem - Go back to doing drugs, your new ? is poor and your flow sounds like you're halfway between demonic possesion and constipation

50 cent - Spend more time in the booth and less on Twitter.

Game - stop name dropping and you can quit leg ? Jay-z, he will never acknowledge your existence.

Jay electronica - Shame that you didn't release that album when your buzz sky rocketed.Its faded now but I guess now that you face is buried in multimillion trust fund ? its not like you need to sell records.

Pusha T - There are other things to rap about other than selling drugs. .

Andre 3000 -where you at? We need material!!

• Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Twista-keep doing you, but try some ? outside of your comfort zone
    Fabolous-keep your ear to the street and switch up the flow more
    Royce da 5'9"-take your time and write a classic and stop mentioning Eminem
    Bun B-keep doing you, but be more consistent with the technical skills
    Lil Wayne-never sing again and show that your subject matter is more than money, drugs, sex, guns, etc.
    Nas-say ? the "purists/elitists" and collaborate with whoever you gotta get wit to win back the streets and casual fans
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Fabolous - You're over ten years in the game. As much as I dig the mixtapes, stop dropping mixtapes Concentrate on carrying the touch, and put out quality albums.
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Outkast - Get in the studio and put out a group album, we need to be enlightened with different flows and flavors
    Nas - Production, Prouduction, Production
    Killer Mike - Keep up the good work
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas- Your probably the greatest already. So LET DJ PREMIER DO YOUR ALBUM and stop bullshittin ? . Also get back in the lab w/ AZ

Eminem- Stop cramming so many words in one sentence and go back to the flow that got you famous. Also, stop making those faggoty pop songs you dissed earlier in your career. Lastly, change your voice up and stop yellin. Go back to the multiple characters.

Martin Lawrence- We love the old Martin. But the new Martin has been a ? since the 1st Big Momma movie.Go back, watch Bad Boys 1, and see exactly why you were so funny back then. Watch 2nd season Martin episodes and get back to you're roots. The new Martin is painful to look at

Jayz- Your new music sucks. I listen to all your albums up to the black album. But everything since has been trash. Rediscover your old flow, get back in the lab and really do a album. Your ? now sounds too trendy (that ? JT smh)

Scarface- Can you drop a album please? I will buy it with or without promotion. You are the last of the OG's thats still loyal to your roots. No bubble pop singles, you've alwayz delivered.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    @Maxwell, D'Angelo, 3000, Ms. Hill, and Mystikal

CUT THAT ? OUT!

damn.... i listen to some mentally flaky people...

Not surprising