genocidecutter
genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPNq3hGWolM

15 years in 99 this infamous angle happened

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When it was gonna happen a second time, well, it really a finger poke but when Jarrett laid down for Hogan and Hogan went off, was that legit?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    HHH or Cena will in the future book it
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WCW straight suckered me into watching this episode. First the rematch between Goldberg and Nash and when that didn't happen then the match with Nash and Hogan. This was the beginning of the end of WCW
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT move, I've knocked plenty a ? the ? out with this.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Nail in the coffin for WCW. Wolfpac Vs. Black & White saved the tired NWO angle for a while. It made it look like it was finally coming to a real conclusion. Then this happened and two years later McMahon is strutting around as the owner of WCW.
    VIBE wrote: »
    When it was gonna happen a second time, well, it really a finger poke but when Jarrett laid down for Hogan and Hogan went off, was that legit?

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2012/7/9/3138196/on-this-date-in-wcw-history-hulk-hogan-vince-russo-and-worked-shooting-bash-at-the-beach-2000
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ridiculous stuff.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They had to ? off the NWO some how. NWO was becoming bigger than WCW. And it was becoming stale.
  • jono
    Options
    nWo could have been ended by Goldberg cuz he beat everybody that matters in the group already, I'm of the opinion that he nWo angle should have been ended when Sting beat Hogan at Starrcade though
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"you tried to make me look like a ? , because you know that you are half the man that I am, and that I have half the brain that you do..."

Scott Hall's reaction is priceless.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The finger poke didn't end WCW, but it got things in motion which would lead to the inevitable fall.

The official death of WCW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3g37-9nu_g
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was GOAT and didn't end wcw

That ? reboot by Vince Russo did
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From the creative standpoint this was the beginning of the end. They never recovered. Then Russo came in right after this. The madmen were trying to run the asylum and it was pure chaos. Outside of Steiner everything on the show sucked from that point in 99 through to 2001 and it became redundant. It started to feel like Monday Night Has Beens.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even as a young kid I knew hogan and Nash had too much power.
    The main event of nitro was ass to me most the time but I faithfully watched every week because the Midcard was so great

Even when they reboot and had gimmick matches everywhere like cruiser weight tag titles and terrible ? matches wit sandman , haku and that 70's guys,
    It was still better than the comedy WWF was puttin on TV
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    part of what led to vince having no comp, therefore, part of what has somewhat ruined wrestling, at least on the major scale
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    Even as a young kid I knew hogan and Nash had too much power.
    The main event of nitro was ass to me most the time but I faithfully watched every week because the Midcard was so great

Even when they reboot and had gimmick matches everywhere like cruiser weight tag titles and terrible ? matches wit sandman , haku and that 70's guys,
    It was still better than the comedy WWF was puttin on TV

true, i remember reading about how the main eventers were complaining that the lower cards were putting on better matches and that they didn't want to follow up such performances, so they basically used their pull and did squash matches on later shows at the expense of the lower cards to cool them down.

that's when Eddie, Benoit, Malenko, and Saturn stepped up and made a stand against the ? . When Benoit won the belt from Sid, it was an attempt to make him stay since he agreed to jump to WWF, but it didn't work, and in storyline, the belt was stripped.

Bischoff truly believed the ? Hogan, Nash, and others were telling him that he didn't need the undercard since they were the small guys and "didn't draw". They convinced him to give them all the money and shine because that's what people paid to see, but it actually was the downfall. When the wrestlers with the talent left, WCW sank. Jericho got fed up with that ? sometime before and been left. But when the Radicals bounced, it was the tell-tell sign WCW was done.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

I think Hogan going off was legit.
  • jono
    Options
    The Bash the Beach thing was the death knell.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Sting vs Hogan match at Starcade 97 was the beginning of the end IMO. They built that ? for 18 months only to to ? it up b/c Hogan didn't wanna drop the belt.

W/ the Kane vs Undertaker story taking off at the end of 97, DX, & Stone Cold being pushed to main event status WWF was putting on a better product to me anyway, but WCW helped.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And let's not forget WCW giving away the WWF Raw main event where ? Foley won his 1st WWF title & people tuning away from WCW to watch. That was December 98 if I'm not mistaken so that predated the "FOD".
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well WCW must've been hurtin for ratings. Bcuz they gave away that Goldberg vs Hogan match for free. I actually was shocked that wasn't PPV.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    WCW gave a F class actor David Arquette a run with their belt

02.jpg

WWF only gave Arnold a A class action hero a replica

19991111_arnold_sd_USE.jpg
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Davie arquette ? and the kiss performance are some of the only ? I wanna take back about wCw

I can even live wit the Denis rodman matches but that ready to rumble ? was woat
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Well WCW must've been hurtin for ratings. Bcuz they gave away that Goldberg vs Hogan match for free. I actually was shocked that wasn't PPV.

If WCW had that match on PPV, it could have been one their biggest grossing PPVs ever. But WCW was so worried about beating WWF on Monday nights they couldn't think that far ahead to do that match on PPV.