It Has Begun: Dallas Paper- "10 Reasons Charlie Strong Isn't a Hip Hop Coach"

Options
S2J
S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
BdPPqMUCMAAQbqk.jpg:large

Then they followed up w/

Since many of you asked: If you read the quotes, Lou Holtz is the one quoted referring to charlie Strong as NOT "a hip-hop" coach

Wow @ them emphasizing "NOT", showing they didnt even get the point.

In b4 'Oh, its nothing'...in b4 'they like him, thats a good thing'. Based on past IC coonery i question if some will even get why this is offensive...

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    i saw that earlier im like wow. smh. ? Texas
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I wished he was that type they are talking about so they would have to like his ass and cant do ? about it.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I work with 2 white people like that. They think they doin u a favor by NOT bein biased against you. The type to tell u 'you're not like other blacks'. One of my coworkers actually said that to me before
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    I work with 2 white people like that. They think they doin u a favor by NOT bein biased against you. The type to tell u 'you're not like other blacks'. One of my coworkers actually said that to me before

How did you respond to it?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A hiphop coach...

i swear these people ...

tbh alot of these coaches are devoid of personality and rigid as if they are walking on eggshells we need more.. coaches who arent afraid to have personality
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Texass, nothing new here
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them crackers still shelling out millions
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's gonna have to take a lot more ? like that. Part of being a coach at a big program is to "schmooze" with donors and alumni - going to dinners, golf, etc
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Texass, nothing new here

Nice.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How did you respond to it?

Hopefully he said "well you're just like other whites."
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? charlie. real spit. i hope kneesus ? his whole teams knees up
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^

Damn, Bruh, you salty he left Louisville for greener pastures?
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Sadly he might be in a no-win situation with this. They don't want a black coach to be like Nolan Richardson

QTMROXSNTMCSMZD.20080716132126.jpg

because they don't like it when we speak our minds. But if coach Strong does not speak up for alot of things he could be called a ? by alot of us.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They obviously don't know what a hip-hop coach looks like

Mark-Dantonio-and-Rich-Homie-Quan-after-the-Rose-Bowl.jpg
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH, but no one should be surprised. I wish Charlie the best, but I'd hate to hear Texas talk radio or read the message boards when he faces his first bit of adversity.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hell yeah im salty. he should of stayed here. weak ass ?
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BdPPqMUCMAAQbqk.jpg:large

Then they followed up w/

Since many of you asked: If you read the quotes, Lou Holtz is the one quoted referring to charlie Strong as NOT a "? " coach

Wow @ them emphasizing "NOT", showing they didnt even get the point.

In b4 'Oh, its nothing'...in b4 'they like him, thats a good thing'. Based on past IC coonery i question if some will even get why this is offensive...

There....just use your trusty covert racist decoder ring.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I got that a lot dating outside my race growing up. After the comment was made I'd ask, "so am I supposed to feel special? So basically I'm the exception but if I have a minority friend who acts a little too "black" you might not like him?"..... Silence in the room.
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options

I got that a lot dating outside my race growing up. After the comment was made I'd ask, "so am I supposed to feel special? So basically I'm the exception but if I have a minority friend who acts a little too "black" you might not like him?"..... Silence in the room.

The reality is very few white people even know a black person never mind black people. It's possible for some white people to go their lives without seriously interacting with a black person.

- so they should think you're the norm.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options

The reality is very few white people even know a black person never mind black people. It's possible for some white people to go their lives without seriously interacting with a black person.

- so they should think you're the norm.

Yup.

Racism itself is really just a division of ignorance (the real definition of the word "ignorance".)

The reason I feel Black folks get a free "race card" is not just because of slavery and injustice, but because it's almost impossible for us to achieve anything or do anything without having some type of constant contact with whites. We know them muthafuckas.

Whereas a cracka can go his whole life and travel the world and build multi-national corporations and never have to get to know one brotha.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Simple-minded caucasians, what else is new. Sadly, he'll probably hear a lot worse down there at Texas.
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    "But I don't believe [he belongs at] what should be one of the three most powerful university programs in the world right now at UT-Austin. I don't think it adds up."

McCombs, the former owner of the San Antonio Spurs, Denver Nuggets and Minnesota Vikings and co-founder of Clear Channel Communications, said on "The Blitz with Dat Nguyen and Jason Minnix" that he was stunned to learn Strong was the choice to replace Mack Brown.

I'm not a big college football fan, I know he helped develop bridgewater who'll be going in the first round this year. So the college football aficionados tell me is he a fit? Is he a good coach?