AJ McCarron's Mom tweets offensive comment about Jameis Winston then deletes it & "apologizes"...

Options

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White tears or nah?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How Jameis speaks is no different than how those Cajun whites talk or how those Boston people talk.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How he talks is not a problem Smh

What i will say is he makes me nervous b/c he's just so turnt up. Lol Like he doesnt put on heirs so u not used to it. He might say some ? like'I tell ya Kirk I did not ? that woman'. Lol Like he's so wide-eyed which shouldnt be a problem but unfortunately in his position people will try to take advantage.

I pray he gets good people around him when he gets money. He has all the signs of a good hearted dude who rnds up losin money to friends n fam
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody who doesn't see the racist undertones is either a racist themselves or have the IQ of a squirrel. Winston's post game speech was perfectly fine, he was emotional, 20 and from Bama. Considering those factors, he sounded perfectly fine.

McCarron's are from Mobile, Alabama are you seriously trying to sit here and tell me she hasn't heard worse everyday most likely from her relatives? Please, this was racisim in its most covert form.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Anybody who doesn't see the racist undertones is either a racist themselves or have the IQ of a squirrel. Winston's post game speech was perfectly fine, he was emotional, 20 and from Bama. Considering those factors, he sounded perfectly fine.

McCarron's are from Mobile, Alabama are you seriously trying to sit here and tell me she hasn't heard worse everyday most likely from her relatives? Please, this was racisim in its most covert form.

So you really believe this more likely to be racism than a mother being salty over the success of the guy that beat her son out for the Heisman. I can't say one way or the other because I haven't heard the interview. I do know that salty people will pretty much go to any length to throw shade on others.
  • rage
    edited January 2014
    Options

So you really believe this more likely to be racism than a mother being salty over the success of the guy that beat her son out for the Heisman. I can't say one way or the other because I haven't heard the interview. I do know that salty people will pretty much go to any length to throw shade on others.

Of course she is salty....the lengths she is resorting to is covert racisim. She said what Winston said wasn't english...when Jamies clearly spoke in English we all understood exactly what he said...he's country from Bama, she's country from Bama, so its not like this type of speech is new to her. So again, how is this not racist??
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I don't know. I'm just tired of the word racist being thrown around. It's starting to lose its meaning to the point that real racism gets ignored. The word is supposed to be reserved for institutions that discriminate and hold people down because of their race. A jealous white woman making fun of the way a black kid talks doesn't really rise up to that level. Yes, the ? likely had racial undertones and was bigotted, but I think the fact that she would take unwarranted shots at the kid in general is more indicative of her being a ? human being than the racial undertones of the shots she took.
  • rage
    Options
    I don't know. I'm just tired of the word racist being thrown around. It's starting to lose its meaning to the point that real racism gets ignored. The word is supposed to be reserved for institutions that discriminate and hold people down because of their race. A jealous white woman making fun of the way a black kid talks doesn't really rise up to that level. Yes, the ? likely had racial undertones and was bigotted, but I think the fact that she would take unwarranted shots at the kid in general is more indicative of her being a ? human being than the racial undertones of the shots she took.

This is the new face of racism, the days of institutionalized racism are over. Black people have amassed a large enough power base at this point where, you can't just get out of pocket and have no repercussions. So they have to resort to this (see also the Charlie Strong "hip hop" coach ? ), just because they aren't ALLOWED to be racist doesn't mean they aren't. Also ? people are usually racist and vice versa.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've been feeling this way for while now

• The Lonious Monk
    edited January 2014
    Options

This is the new face of racism, the days of institutionalized racism are over. Black people have amassed a large enough power base at this point where, you can't just get out of pocket and have no repercussions. So they have to resort to this (see also the Charlie Strong "hip hop" coach ? ), just because they aren't ALLOWED to be racist doesn't mean they aren't. Also ? people are usually racist and vice versa.

See, you're basically illustrating my point. The days of institutionalized racism are not over. That ? is still very much at play, but the incidents of that get swept under the rug because people are so busy whining about trivial ? like this.

SMH @ no one giving a ? about an unfair system that keeps blacks and browns disproportionately imprisoned in the country, but everyone coming out of the woodworks to ? about some dumb white chick and her salt inspired social media postings.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Her son had no ? chance in hell of winning that ? . All that ? factored in to her not only thinking that ? , but to take the time to tweet it, but somehow we want race to be excluded. GTFOH!!!
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People need to understand that Jameis is a country boy from Alabama. Most of them have thick country accents. Its not about race or intelligence. He is a 20 year old young man who just won a national championship, dude was full of emotions and I'm sure he didn't prepare a victory speech.

White folks always have to try to take a brotha down a peg when we achieve something they want.

its the same language. you just implied country boys from alabama all sound like uneducated runaway slaves
    just because hes a country boy doesn't mean he has to sound unintelligent
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@TheLoniousMonk

like if she were to say, rg3 is ugly?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She's white

More then likely she's a racist.
  • dagmarlena
    dagmarlena Members Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Dunno about some of you, but I respect black athletes that have control of the English language--like they actually paid attention in school and not just played football and had their homeworks & tests done for them. Basically any athlete that doesn't act all ghetto out there.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Racist are ? human beings tho
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lonious you wrong to some degree but..

did this fool just say institutional racism is over..

Stop posting. i wont even dignify that with a lengthy response
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dagmarlena wrote: »
    Dunno about some of you, but I respect black athletes that have control of the English language--like they actually paid attention in school and not just played football and had their homeworks & tests done for them. Basically any athlete that doesn't act all ghetto out there.

thats fine, but that doesn't mean its ok to disrespect athletes who may not speak up to your preferred level of coonery. Many people all over the country, by no fault of their own, are born into an area with heavy accents. Thats all they hear and thats all they know. that doesn't just go away with education, nor does speaking a certain way imply a lack of education. And it should't really matter anyway because his chosen career path involves mastering a sport, not the english language.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »
    Her son had no ? chance in hell of winning that ? . All that ? factored in to her not only thinking that ? , but to take the time to tweet it, but somehow we want race to be excluded. GTFOH!!!

Excluded from what? The mother of a player A, who was outshined by player B, got mad and insulted player B. The insults may have had some racial undertones. Why should anyone give a ? ? Explain this to me.
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    @TheLoniousMonk

like if she were to say, rg3 is ugly?

We still shouldn't give a ? . I mean I don't really understand the point of the question. Are you now suggesting that calling someone from another race ugly is racist too? I mean I don't particularly like pale skin, stringy hair, flat butts, pointy noses, and thin lips so to me the average white chick is not all that attractive. Does saying that make me racist?
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    Racist are ? human beings tho

That's not really the point I was making, but I don't disagree with your assessment.

Lonious you wrong to some degree but..

did this fool just say institutional racism is over..

Stop posting. i wont even dignify that with a lengthy response

I'm not sure where I was wrong, but yeah, claiming institutional racism is over is pretty crazy.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    basically, this is all that really matters

Yfp7gjl.jpg

Not surprised from an Urben Meyer player
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly when it comes to racism I'm starting to get annoyed more at the apologists than the offenders.

@loniusmonk Just imagine if she's looking at you essentially defending her right now. That bytch would probably be like ' I dont hate him b/c he's black???' Oh, yea! right! What he said'

That ? boils my blood, and i seem to notice it occurs a lot on this site. That apathy is so disgusting. They've beaten you down to the point you dont wanna fight no more. Look at it from that angle. You tired of fightin, arent you? Well they not tired of being bigotted, hateful, racist, snide, etc.

No one is asking you to cry about it, but is it too much to ask nggas to ACKNOWLEDGE it? Yall at the point yall dont even wanna do that. It's disgusting.

• bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »

Excluded from what? The mother of a player A, who was outshined by player B, got mad and insulted player B. The insults may have had some racial undertones. Why should anyone give a ? ? Explain this to me.

Race shouldn't be excluded from the factors of what caused her to be salty.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact she erased it tells it all