Isn't it Time for Jessica Alba To Step Her Acting Roles Up?

Options
arbitration
arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Seriously, all her roles are either cameos in forgettable romantic comedies, or cameos in B-rated action flicks. She's been in Hollywood for a good while now, so if she has any sort of confidence in her acting abilities, its about time for her to step up to the plate for some more serious work. It shouldn't be that hard to find some Cannes festival type movie to display her acting chops. She ain't gonna have those good looks forever.

Comments

• allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    This ? knows what she's good at, showing off her body. She'll never become great dramatic actress.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    She knows her limits, leave her be
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yes, I agree but if that her limit then...
  • Yaka
    Yaka Members Posts: 306
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If im thinkin of the same person she came to oklahoma and did a scary movie in my town bout a sheriff going on a killing spree or some ?
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ignorant thread. you haven't heard of the new movie The Killer Inside Me? her acting has gotten impressive reviews for this role.
  • Conscious212
    Conscious212 Members Posts: 813 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    sex sells=jessica alba is sex; don't expect her to be the next anjelina jolie
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    jessica_alba_campari.jpg

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    a bad ? she is, a great actress she ain't
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Cake4real wrote: »
    Yes, I agree but if that her limit then...

2pz9swm.jpg.....................
  • arbitration
    edited July 2010
    Options
    sickbizzle wrote: »
    ignorant thread. you haven't heard of the new movie The Killer Inside Me? her acting has gotten impressive reviews for this role.

Didn't even hear about this one. Good looks bro.

See, she's following my advice already. *pats himself on the back*
  • ricanprince
    ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    her and halle berry both
  • allied
    edited July 2010
    Options
    sickbizzle wrote: »

Yeah she plays a ? I don't think that much of a stretch for her.
  • sickbizzle
    edited July 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    Yeah she plays a ? I don't think that much of a stretch for her.

why? your comment doesn't make any sense.
  • allied
    edited July 2010
    Options
    What I meant was she always plays stripper or ? or the pretty dumb girl who takes her clothes of so its not really a stretch.
  • sickbizzle
    edited July 2010
    Options
    oh ok. she played a dancer that didn't strip in Sin City but that's the only other time. plus she's never taken her clothes off so i'm kinda missin your point - it'd be nice but the only movie where she was ever really showing off her body was Into the Blue but that was because the entire movie took place in the ocean so it kinda made sense that she'd be in a bathing suit much of the time.

on the acting tip she's actually demonstrated some good acting. in James Cameron's Dark Angel she was really good and was nominated for a Best Actress Golden Globe for the role. and in some other movies like Awake and The Sleeping Dictionary she was also really good. i also thought she did a great job playing a blind woman in The Eye - she was believably blind and also a concert violinist, both skills she studied for like 6 months to pull it off and i think it worked. honestly she's a great actress she just hasn't been given much chances because she's too damn hot and people only want to cast her as the ? , which is understandable..

this new one though is something totally different, yea she plays a prostitute but in a very dark film Noir where she's turned on to ? sex and gets beat to death in a very shocking way by Casey Affleck, her performance has gotten some great reviews she really seems to hold the emotional weight of the film.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    shes decent, Im looking foward to machete though
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    time for that btch to get naked you mean
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Seriously, all her roles are either cameos in forgettable romantic comedies, or cameos in B-rated action flicks. She's been in Hollywood for a good while now, so if she has any sort of confidence in her acting abilities, its about time for her to step up to the plate for some more serious work. It shouldn't be that hard to find some Cannes festival type movie to display her acting chops. She ain't gonna have those good looks forever.

Sounds like you don't actually know what a cameo is.
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    she looks to kkill her role in machette...shes not that bad...shes way better off then other girls in her league
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    and im pretty sure some ? said halle wouldn't have her good ooks forever back when she made that "phatty girls" movie...? hittin the 40's lookin badder then 90 percent of the world
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Beautiful girl/horrible actress. Her acting skills are really distracting in otherwise enjoyable movies.
  • arbitration
    edited July 2010
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    Sounds like you don't actually know what a cameo is.

It doesn't matter. None of this matters.
  • sickbizzle
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Beautiful girl/horrible actress. Her acting skills are really distracting in otherwise enjoyable movies.

examples? most of the time to me she's the only good thing in an otherwise terrible movie. she makes bad movies watchable
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sickbizzle
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Jennifer's Body was good.

but movies like Idle Hands, Awake, The Eye >>

Idle Hands is damn near a cult classic

and Megan Fox will never do anything remotely as good as Alba's storyline with Bruce Willis in Sin City or the TV show Dark Angel.