• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    Yall ? stay getting baited into debating @darkraiden
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From what I remember Galactus couldn't beat exitar the executioner or the one above all
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    Based on what? If you look at the older Cosmic stuff, Galactus' presence hold more weight than anyone short of the members of the Cosmic Compass. I'm not saying for 100% that Galactus is stronger than every single Celestial, especially at anything less that average power, but what your basing that statement on?
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    No celestials can beat galactus ? ...known of them...no cosmic are above galactus...outside LT...the only reason galactus is considered below eternity is because eternity doesn't need to eat to maintain power there have been times when galactus appeared more powerful than eternity...galactus has come office more powerful than death before as well, I consider them all equals...but because of the feeding BS...I will put them above gal...no one else Why is this up for discussion.

? 10 celestials were getting worked out by Odin with the destroyer...arishem tiamut and exitar are all hella powerful tiamiut is the ? of celestials...they are all below galactus...galactus fought alternate universe mad celestials...not 616...anyways...
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    You overrating Galactus now man. Maybe Galactus is Eternity's equal at full power, and even that's unproven. Either way it's irrelevant since Galactus is never at full power. Like it or not the whole "hunger" thing is part of his character and because of it he has been beaten by everything from the Phoenix down to the Thing being fired out of a huge sling shot.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Dream is more powerful than Death ..he usurps her power all the time

I'm saying, if Dream can create whole universes with a fraction of his power.....that puts him at a much higher level than all the Abstracts except maybe Oblivion.

Not true. Franklin Richards can create whole universes too and he's not above the Abstracts.

Franklin is definitely above the Abstracts though.

No he's not. When he grows up, he's above Galactus, but he's not on Eternity's level. Where did you get that from?

Yeah he is. He's above Celestials and Celestials are above abstracts. Also he made universes. Eternity IS a mere universe, Galactus ain't close to that, and Death is right below and whatnot. None of them are on the level to be making Universes at all.

Are you serious right now. Celestials are nowhere near Abstract level. You're real confused here. I'm guessing you are familiar with the storyline where Franklin and Galactus beat the mad Celestials. If you are, then you should also know that Galactus was handling three of them solo before another one came combined with the others and then beat Galactus. So if you know that Eternity is above Galactus, and you read the story where Galactus was shown to be above Celestials, how in the world do you come to the conclusion that Celestials are above Eternity?

Also, you are overrating the feat of creating a universe. Franklin created a pocket universe. That is correct, but that in no way means that his power in the greater 616 universe is above that of Eternity. Perhaps his power inside his pocket universe is absolute, but that control does not extend outside of that universe. It's similar to how demon lords work in Marvel. They have their own realms that some of them have created and rule. Inside those realms they are extremely powerful. Outside those realms their power takes a large drop.

Celestials are multiversal in power and are confirmed to be who created the Marvel Universe. They're far above Eternity.

What? The Celestials are not mutiversal. Again, didn't you read that Mad Celestial arc? If you did, you should know that those Celestials came from another universe. They were another universe's version of the Celestials. If the Celestials were multiversal, they would exist across the different universes like the Living Tribunal.

You must be getting the Celestial named The One Above All confused with the creator of the Marvel Multiverse who is named The One Above All. They are two different beings.

Nah, they've been Multiversal for a while. ALL Celestials come from a different universe. Hell, Scathan the Approver took out Protege after he absorbed Living Tribunal's powers and made him his ? .

Celestials are on another level.

Also Galactus beat some Celestials and then got his ass whooped by them. Not much of a feat.

Dog, look what you just said. lol Galactus beat some Celestials. You claim that Celestials are far above Eternity but acknowledge that Galactus singlehandedly beat a group of them. How does that make sense to you?

....You realize that Celestials are a race right? Like Mutants, their power varies greatly. Scathan is >>>Living Tribunal, others >>>Galactus, while some are more Odin level.

What? Now you're claiming there are Celestials greater than the Living Tribunal? Where are you getting this stuff? You're just pulling it out of your ass. You're right Celestials vary in power, but no one Celestial has ever been shown to even be Galactus' power let alone Eternity's and bring the Living Tribunal into the discussion is just stupid.

...The ? ? Didn't you read my former post? Protege was a cosmic being who copied peoples powers. He copied Living Tribunal and ? him out, and was now the "supreme ruler". Then Scathan the Approver, a Celestial came and smited him (he did not approve). Basic ? tells you that if a Celestial (Scathan) can ? out someone with Living Tribunal's powers+ more then he's >>Living Tribunal.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    You overrating Galactus now man. Maybe Galactus is Eternity's equal at full power, and even that's unproven. Either way it's irrelevant since Galactus is never at full power. Like it or not the whole "hunger" thing is part of his character and because of it he has been beaten by everything from the Phoenix down to the Thing being fired out of a huge sling shot.

Bro...come on I just said that ? ...you just talk to hear yourself

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    ...The ? ? Didn't you read my former post? Protege was a cosmic being who copied peoples powers. He copied Living Tribunal and ? him out, and was now the "supreme ruler". Then Scathan the Approver, a Celestial came and smited him (he did not approve). Basic ? tells you that if a Celestial (Scathan) can ? out someone with Living Tribunal's powers+ more then he's >>Living Tribunal.

That Celestial did not beat Protege in open combat. He judged against him, and the Living Tribunal absorbed Protege into himself. I'm not sure how you get that to mean that the Celestial was more powerful than the LT.

Bro...come on I just said that ? ...you just talk to hear yourself

? , is there something in this topic making ya'll stupid. What you said and what I said are two completely different things. First, you say no Celestials can beat Galactus. I said that was overrating Galactus. Again, he's been beaten by characters far less powerful than Celestials. You say he is the equal of Eternity and Death. I said that MAYBE at his full power he's Eternity's equal, but he's never at full power, and the fluctuating energy is intrinsic to his character. So no Galactus is not equal to Eternity, Death, Infinity , or Oblivion. They are all above him.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    First off, Eternity has been beaten by people below celestial as well. So, that's a ? point.

Anyways, the point is that I said Galactus is below eternity death infinity oblivion because of his hunger (plot device) only. same point. The only difference is I think all celestials are below galactus and eternity death oblivion infinity...you said you don't know for sure...yeah...this is a minor difference your post was unnecessary. Lol...I'm in here agreeing with you bruh...got damn.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    the duke had replicated LT's power-set also, fam...@darkraiden you need to actually read that arc before you start saying wild ? like there are celestials above LT...smh Scathan ain't even the number Celestial...Tiamut the dreamer is the ? of the celestials as far as power goes.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    First off, Eternity has been beaten by people below celestial as well. So, that's a ? point.

Anyways, the point is that I said Galactus is below eternity death infinity oblivion because of his hunger (plot device) only. same point. The only difference is I think all celestials are below galactus and eternity death oblivion infinity...you said you don't know for sure...yeah...this is a minor difference your post was unnecessary. Lol...I'm in here agreeing with you bruh...got damn.

Eternity hasn't even been beaten that often, and not saying you're wrong, but I can't even recall when he's been beaten by someone below Celestial level. The only times off the top of my head I can think of him being beaten were the Infinity Gauntlet Saga, Infinity War, and by Dormamu and his Sister. In all those cases, the threats were well above Celestial level. So no, it's not a stupid point. Galactus gets beaten by relatively weak enemies all the time because of his nature. It's not some rare think that happens when all the right stars line up. It's a constant.

And no, we're not agreeing. You are saying that Galactus at full power is Eternity's equal. I'm saying that's possible, but I don't know that it's true. But beyond all that, my main point is that the fluctuating energy is a part of Galactus' character, so you can't just dismiss it. Galactus is not on par with the Cosmic Compass members and he's not above getting beaten by Celestials. That statement is in stark contrast with what you're saying so I don't see how me stating it is a case of me just talking to hear myself talk.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    You just don't like being WRONG. I already said he is below them. I am not dimissing ? . What the ? are you talking about. HE IS BELOW THEM. The ? is wrong with you? I never even ? mentioned Galactus at full strength!

Ok, so yeah, I am not putting Celestials on par with Galactus power wise, doesn't mean he can't be beaten. So again, you're just ? talking to be talking.

Celestials aren't above Dormammu, now?
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    the duke had replicated LT's power-set also, fam...@darkraiden you need to actually read that arc before you start saying wild ? like there are celestials above LT...smh Scathan ain't even the number Celestial...Tiamut the dreamer is the ? of the celestials as far as power goes.

Word....

2947052-scan+39.jpeg

Scathan trapping Protege in a muzzle AFTER he copied LT's power

2947080-scan+44.jpeg

Holding that ? still....again, as LT trapped him and absorbed him

Pro11.jpg

LT needed an Amulet to increase his powers, just to do what he did

LT.jpg

Even a Marvel Bio of LT tells the story and says that Scathan saved reality, not LT.

Like I said, Scathan proved to be above LT in this instance when he banished and imprisoned someone who copied LT's power.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    You just don't like being WRONG. I already said he is below them. I am not dimissing ? . What the ? are you talking about. HE IS BELOW THEM. The ? is wrong with you? I never even ? mentioned Galactus at full strength!

Ok, so yeah, I am not putting Celestials on par with Galactus power wise, doesn't mean he can't be beaten. So again, you're just ? talking to be talking.

Celestials aren't above Dormammu, now?

My ? are you forgetting what the ? you say now? Here is your post:
    No celestials can beat galactus ? ...known of them...no cosmic are above galactus...outside LT...the only reason galactus is considered below eternity is because eternity doesn't need to eat to maintain power there have been times when galactus appeared more powerful than eternity...galactus has come office more powerful than death before as well, I consider them all equals...but because of the feeding BS...I will put them above gal...no one else Why is this up for discussion.

? 10 celestials were getting worked out by Odin with the destroyer...arishem tiamut and exitar are all hella powerful tiamiut is the ? of celestials...they are all below galactus...galactus fought alternate universe mad celestials...not 616...anyways...

No, saying that no Celestials are as powerful as Galactus is not the same as saying none can beat him, but saying no Celestials can beat Galactus is exactly the same as saying that none can beat him. And how exactly are you saying that Galactus is below the Cosmic Compass when you flat out said that the only being above him is the Living Tribunal? So I'm talking to be talking but you're the one who can't even keep up with the ? he says. You're being silly. I disagreed with you. You could have just left the ? at that. For the life of me, I can see why you tried to knock what I said and then keep up with that dumb ? to the point of contradicting yourself. ? is wrong with you?

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    You're stupid, bruh. So again the only difference is that I think he can't beat them and you think they can. Stop trying to alter what i said about galactus. HE is below death and eternity and them and i gave reasons...move past that/ I said he is only definitely below LT because that's who eternity and them are below...then I gave reasons why he would be considered the weakest amongst eternity and them. I will gave you my correction...again and again...I think celestials are below Galactus, doesn't mean he cant be beaten by them on panel, especially given the fact that he is WEAKENED by hunger at times (almost all the time)...

If you're going to post context clues bruh, post them all (quoted myself below

"Anyways, the point is that I said Galactus is below eternity death infinity oblivion because of his hunger (plot device) only. same point. The only difference is I think all celestials are below galactus and eternity death oblivion infinity...you said you don't know for sure...yeah...this is a minor difference your post was unnecessary. Lol...I'm in here agreeing with you bruh...got damn."

That is me agreeing with you, correcting whatever you thought I was disagreeing with you on. Saying ABOVE them power wise, not saying can't be beaten, (which was again corrected in the next post) I have said that twice now since my OG post...your ass wont accept it. Because what reason? You want to argue?

Fine lets argue, Dormammu isn't above celestials. here is your shot, I am giving you something valid to argue about.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    Why are you still arguing? This whole thing started with me responding to what you said. You specifically said that you didn't think any Celestials could beat Galactus. You specifically said that you believed that no Cosmics shorter than the Living Tribunal were above Galactus. I disagreed with you and stated that though Galactus was greater than any individual Celestial, it's not impossible for them to beat him in a 1on1. I also stated that I don't believe Galactus is above the Cosmic compass. We disagreed. That's all. Now if you're saying that you misspoke in your initial post and you don't believe that he is above those Abstracts, that's fine. You could have just said that and stated your revised opinion. But why make it seem like I'm just saying ? to be saying ? and not adding anything to the conversation when you can look at your original post and my response and see that they are saying two different things.

And why do I need to post all of them. This whole back and forth started because you made an attack on me for simply stating my opinion. So your opinion has shifted over the course of several posts, fine. That has nothing to do with the fact that you were out of pocket to come at me the way you did. Quit making stupid personal attacks whenever you see someone doesn't agree with you, and we'll have no problem.

As far as the Dormammu vs Celestials debate, I'm not really sure how you debate that. As far as I know, he hasn't interacted with or been seen alongside Celestials the way Galactus has, so I don't know how you'd really place him. As was pointed out earlier, the Celestials range in power, so I'm sure he's more powerful than some, but I doubt he's more powerful than all of them. This is of course with respect to him outside of his realm. Inside his realm he probably is more powerful than all of them.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's hard to debate characters at this level of power, but I wouldn't say no Celestial can be Galactus. There's at least one celestial who i'd say dwarfs him in power.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

the part about Odin isn't true, unless there's another issue you're referring to. Odin, Zeus and Vishnu weren't even able to get Arishem's attention with their attacks. IIRC, this is when they got the Destroyer and it was powered by skyfathers. The Celestials still defeated the Destroyer armor and I'd say that Tiamut and Scathan for sure are above Galactus in power, possibly the dreaming celestial and exitar as well. Scathan was, at the very minimum as powerful as LT. Some speculated that he could've been TOAA or an agent of TOAA. There was also a theory that he had a similar role as the LT, but he was definetly as powerful if not more than LT.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Odin has an enchanted axe that kills celestials now, Thor and the apocalypse twins have been using it in Uncanny Avengers
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    jaxn wrote: »

the part about Odin isn't true, unless there's another issue you're referring to. Odin, Zeus and Vishnu weren't even able to get Arishem's attention with their attacks. IIRC, this is when they got the Destroyer and it was powered by skyfathers. The Celestials still defeated the Destroyer armor and I'd say that Tiamut and Scathan for sure are above Galactus in power, possibly the dreaming celestial and exitar as well. Scathan was, at the very minimum as powerful as LT. Some speculated that he could've been TOAA or an agent of TOAA. There was also a theory that he had a similar role as the LT, but he was definetly as powerful if not more than LT.

I'm going to need to see some kinda proof that these Celestials are more powerful than Galactus. I'm not saying it's true but I've never seen anything that has directly placed any of the Celestials on that level. I've never seen anything that put any of them on part with Eternity let alone the Living Tribunal.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Tiamut scathan and fullcrum are Def above Galactus
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    Tiamut is the dreaming celestial. Tiamut is the most powerful easy. He

Scathan...passed judgement he is not equal to LT...no chance bruh...

In a future timeline galactus whooped tiamut's ass!
  • evoljeanyes
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    Eternity created Celestials...the fulcrum is an aspect of eternity. Neither above eternity.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    Neither above galactus
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    I agree celestials can probably pull off a victory...not above gal in power. Also...