Helix(syfy)

Options
Ghostdenithegawd
Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
Came across the p[img][/img]remiere episode tonight the show definitely has promise

helix-poster.jpeg

Bassicly a few top dawgs from the CDC are called in to check a substained virus outbreak in a secret artic science lab but there an assload of secrecy and fuckery.

Alan is the lead CDC member ,and one of the infected scientist he's coming to save is his brother who ? his girl which is also one of the CDC member assigned to the mission

The head of all things ? up in the name of science is some Asian ? you seen him in a few movies play the bad guy as usual (hiroyuki sanada)

MV5BMTc2MTg3MjkyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODQwNjc4MDE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

This ? seems salty from the get go he's blatantly hiding secrets and acting like he don't know ? on some extra ? ? ? he might have some super powers ? don't know about it is crazy

I give the first episode a 4/5

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Battlestar Galactica is my favorite show after the wire so I'll definitely be checking for this. Good looking out.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to check this out im curious.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The so called top scientist in this show are ? idiots.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »

Yes and no I think the show plays on the naiveness that most scientists have, the unwillingness to believed with ? facts and truths

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
  • BoldChild
    edited January 2014
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »

Yes and no I think the show plays on the naiveness that most scientists have, the unwillingness to believed with ? facts and truths

I'm mainly calling them idiots because they knew there were people in the facility attacking others, and spreading the illness, but instead of helping people lock down, and letting people know they were traveling through the vents, they just continued on like the scientist weren't in danger, and allowed the virus to spread.

Then there was that quarantine room situation, there were three of them in there, one showing clear symptoms of the infection, and they just kept all three of them in the same room knowing full well that the sick one would have turned violent, and this was before they didn't know whether the other two had been infected or not.

Then there was the fact that a bunch of top biological scientist couldn't understand why they had to be quarantined when they should no better above all people, on top of some of the CDC people withholding info due to politics.

I also think that scientist being naive is a false stereotype that a lot of book, televisions series, and movies like to use.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a very interesting start. Look forward to the rest of season
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this show is very interesting......I'm looking forward to the rest
  • BoldChild
    Options
    Season finale was last week.

Turning out to be a pretty nice series so for, It's currently Syfy's best series imo.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love this show
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I'll try and pick this back up. I tried hard with the first 3-4 episodes but the show ain't move me at all. Since the season is done I might try and marathon it.

@zombie‌ likes it so I know hella white people must have died ugly.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is a pretty good show. usually you can kind of pick up on the direction of the show from a few eps, but this was a total mystery for me and I liked it. Can't wait to see how next season plays out