Options
    Charlie was nothing like Montana

I didn't say he was like him necessarily
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Classic yes...."continuation of scarface" no

Now Higher Learning is like a continuation of Juice - bishop raheem dies, Q takes school more seriously gives dee jaying a rest to pursue track and field to get a scholarship, graduates and winds up at columbus university.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love this movie..
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I said it was a continuation of Scarface was cuz I thought the movie was like what Tony would have to go through after he came out of jail if he tried to go legit.

as I said before I def don't think its a continuation but I'm just sayin that's how it would be like
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Classic movie...I listen to that last monologue once in a while
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLE_tG7oD8g

classic movie
    this is like a continuation of Scarface, if he stayed alive

this movie was an inspiration for gta v city along with Miami vice and scarface kleinfeld=ken rosenburg. I love this movie I have this as a dvr recording the clubs the 70's disco music the beautiful women. stephie was fine as ? . I like the scene when carlito goes with his cousin to the pool hall to "make a delivery" . did y'all know the guy who plays the wheelchair snitch li-ling is also Aragorn the ranger/king from lord of the rings viggo mortenson?
  • Heavy In The Game
    Options
    Kleinfeld was wild man lol
    How you a lawyer then you turn into a gangster smh
    This muthfucka got Carlito into so much bs and got the nerve to try to rat on him smh
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Classic , pacino and brian de palma shouldve made more flicks together.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    It was a thematic sequel to Scarface. Pacino and DePalma with a Universal gangster picture 10 years later. That was even part of the marketing. The difference is while both are cautionary tales they deal with polar opposite gangsters. The hot head and the hustler.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I said it was a continuation of Scarface was cuz I thought the movie was like what Tony would have to go through after he came out of jail if he tried to go legit.

as I said before I def don't think its a continuation but I'm just sayin that's how it would be like

But carlitos way is before scarface
  • Heavy In The Game
    edited January 2014
    Options

yea you right, but I'm just sayin what he said
    Broddie wrote: »
    It was a thematic sequel to Scarface. Pacino and DePalma with a Universal gangster picture 10 years later. That was even part of the marketing. The difference is while both are cautionary tales they deal with polar opposite gangsters. The hot head and the hustler.

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    I was like no no no no no when Kleinfeld clobbered homie in the water
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    It's funny how the first time u don't notice. Benny Blanco running alongside Carlito in the train station... U have to rewind it and all u see is half a white jacket and half a hat running along side Carlito
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Btw Carlito gave it to them Italian dudes tho
  • Heavy In The Game
    edited January 2014
    Options

? was cold-blooded, ? up how Kleinfeld took dudes money too
    It's funny how the first time u don't notice. Benny Blanco running alongside Carlito in the train station... U have to rewind it and all u see is half a white jacket and half a hat running along side Carlito

2hhmao6.jpg I ain't realize that

word that scene was crazy, Carlito was shootin ? laid down on the escalator

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

? was cold-blooded, ? up how Kleinfeld took dudes money too

2hhmao6.jpg I ain't realize that

word that scene was crazy, Carlito was shootin ? laid down on the escalator
    My bad it's a grey coat and hat but you re so caught up in the action that you don't realize that it's Benny Blanco running alongside him...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=14X4KI99QDU
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scarface was raw almost like a quasi documentary ..
    Pacino here was an intelligent but hot headed gangster

CW looked more glossy and cinematic .. Here he was intelligent but also calculated and cool
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry boyssssssssss I'm gonna stretch my feet out at Pops old funeral home down on such and such street
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I just noticed that Micheals wife from the Godfather is an extra in this movie as well.

She's in the scene where Gale is leaving her ballet class. She's one of the girls leaving out the door with Gale. She's also in the scene at the beach house when the lawyer had the house party. When steph is heading down the steps of the pool to the big back yard, the wife is coming to her from the opposite direction.

Glad y'all inspired to watch this again. Movie is a classic.

What trips me out is dude is Italian as ? and is best known for his hispanic roles. They even throw a subliminal joke in the movie bout his ethnic look when the Italians meet him at the club. I saw what hollywood did there.
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think this is the better movie, but Scarface is the most iconic one of the two.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think this is the better movie, but Scarface is the most iconic one of the two.

True Dat.

"You know it be's dat way sometimes Papi."

• nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hear some people be like 'he didnt impress me with this role' but dude is strait rican in this film.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options

HZGpf.gif

Scarface-1983
    Carlito's Way-1993
  • Heavy In The Game
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

HZGpf.gif

Scarface-1983
    Carlito's Way-1993

we're talkin about the time when the actual movie takes place
    Scarface= 80s
    Carlito's Way = 70s