Rich blacks obligated to help blacks?

Options
spiritgod87
spiritgod87 Members Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭
what's your thoughts on this? u know what rich FOLK I'm talkin bout. is it their job to do something for the have nots that look up to them? cause some of these brush are crazy. i dunno the full details but I heard Dr.see donated a sizable donation to USC. If this is true Dre then I want to go four rounds in the ring with us homie. they got kids where he come from that need help

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • spiritgod87
    Options
    sorry bout typo, Damn mobile sh it corrects me when I don't want it
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I say yes but at the sametime I feel. I never want a handout help with jobs is the best way.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yes. because Money is not enough you have to have power as well and to have power in this society your people also have to have money NOT JUST YOU.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think rich Blacks should necessarily be obligated to help other Blacks, but I don't think reflects well when many choose not to give back to the community.

I don't care what anyone says if you're successful and Black then someone gave you some help along the way no matter how insignificant it seemed to you at the time.

Pay it forward and help some other up and coming people.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah. Help goes to those that help themselves. It's the nature of the beast.

Some win, some lose but we all die.
  • spiritgod87
    Options
    these nights got money and power so ain't no excuse. u get JUST HALF of the athletes, entertainers, and movie stars and u got a few billion dollars
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah. Help goes to those that help themselves. It's the nature of the beast.

Some win, some lose but we all die.

i agree, some just want a handout without the work ethic behind it. some are bad with money.

nobody ever tells those stories about how they fukked it up for others because of some much other ? .

some win and some lose........very good choice of words.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    these nights got money and power so ain't no excuse. u get JUST HALF of the athletes, entertainers, and movie stars and u got a few billion dollars

but the problem is...too many people only see the fast money or want the quick turn around.
    alot of people lack patience and lack a long term vision.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone who made it in the middle class has most likely let loose of a few dollars to family and not gotten it back.
    In a perfect world rich blacks would be wealthy enough own businesses in the community and employ people. But in reality there aren't enough rich black people (I'm talking net worth not after tax employment income).

For now they should just provide inspiration and donate scholarships for kids in the hood.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course. Help can come in many different forms. But if you in a position of financial power, you gotta send that elevator back down so others can get to that same floor you're on.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • spiritgod87
    Options
    if
    Anyone who made it in the middle class has most likely let loose of a few dollars to family and not gotten it back.
    In a perfect world rich blacks would be wealthy enough own businesses in the community and employ people. But in reality there aren't enough rich black people (I'm talking net worth not after tax employment income).

For now they should just provide inspiration and donate scholarships for kids in the hood.

that's what I'm talkin bout. yup
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most don't and spend they're money on ? .

• BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, and non rich blacks aren't obligated to big up rich blacks either.

/shrug.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    the winners cooperate and play as a team... keep thinking this is one on one...
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    i hear what all you ? are saying....i really do.

but how many of yall are in a position to do anything like what your saying?

if not, then when you get there, lets talk about it over drinks because i am sure you will have some stories.
  • spiritgod87
    Options
    if t pain can spend 4mil on a car I figure he can spend 1mil to help some jitterbugs and their families from his hometown of tallahSsee
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I donate and volunteer
  • spiritgod87
    Options
    I donate and volunteer

thanks brush, I do also. people don't realize that it don't take much and u don't have to be rich

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    I donate and volunteer

props to this man.

what the rest of yall doing?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    i was mentored by two prominent brothers in my field... I do the same....