state of emergency in metro Atlanta area

Options
mohamed
mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
Over 3 inches of snow and an incompetent Dept of transportation. If y'all got family, y'all might wanna check on the situation

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao that's slush yo. Wtf!!!
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    This isn't some end of days ? . Don't panick... if the roads are bad stay inside. You're not going to starve to death in day.

Jesus Christ... the average human being is a ? .

We aren't in Minnesota bruh. This may be the 3rd time some of these ppl have even seen snow much less try to drive on roads that don't have salt on them. Are u ? that slow?
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    A normal 30 minute drive from work yesterday took me 6 hours...Left work at 6pm and got home at 12:15am smh.....? was ? up, I pretty much slid all the way home..? were leavin their cars on the highway and walkin past me, but I was like ? that ? I'm goin to the crib lol, so I kept tryin till I got it...But yea, this city ain't prepared for this type of weather..A couple inches of snow gets bad cuz they don't plow roads or put down salt or anything...after a couple hours, that ? freezes and this is the result..? , I got a homeboy that left work yesterday at the same time as me and he still ain't home.

Why do they not put down salt or shovel? Your mayor/gov are incompetent and should be recalled. Eddies Gold 4 Life
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    For 3 inches of snow? They need to act like they got some damn sense

The city ain't prepared for it bruh. Yall need to stop comparing ? to cold weather city's. This ? happens like once outta 3 yrs.

I know certain cities aren't as prepared as others. I've said it before that everything from our homes to the tires on the cars we are sold are made for those environments....but people acting like the world is ending over 3 inches of snow and some ice
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feel sorry for them dudes if you get 3 more inches...

Part of my job is working for the highways dept.

Your local councils should have had weather reports and sent out road gritters in advance.

• FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    A normal 30 minute drive from work yesterday took me 6 hours...Left work at 6pm and got home at 12:15am smh.....? was ? up, I pretty much slid all the way home..? were leavin their cars on the highway and walkin past me, but I was like ? that ? I'm goin to the crib lol, so I kept tryin till I got it...But yea, this city ain't prepared for this type of weather..A couple inches of snow gets bad cuz they don't plow roads or put down salt or anything...after a couple hours, that ? freezes and this is the result..? , I got a homeboy that left work yesterday at the same time as me and he still ain't home.

Why do they not put down salt or shovel? Your mayor/gov are incompetent and should be recalled. Eddies Gold 4 Life

Yea ? 's ridiculous. It's snowed plenty of times here but I never remember the roads being like this though...Literally the whole highway I was riding on was ice..? was like a skating rink...The crazy ? is it took me that long to get home, but I'm one of the "better" stories lol..? are still stranded on the road, kids still at school from yesterday and over 1000 accidents smh....It was frustrating as hell though, ? wit the car just to go 10 feet every 30 minutes lol.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This isn't some end of days ? . Don't panick... if the roads are bad stay inside. You're not going to starve to death in day.

We aren't in Minnesota bruh. This may be the 3rd time some of these ppl have even seen snow much less try to drive on roads that don't have salt on them. Are u ? that slow?

But those roads are mostly clear from that pic. I just feel like people should have common sense.

And if people don't feel like they can't drive on the roads, just hunker down for a day. Its not that hard.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

But those roads are mostly clear from that pic. I just feel like people should have common sense.

And if people don't feel like they can't drive on the roads, just hunker down for a day. Its not that hard.

? u can't see ICE on roads from a pic lol most ppl had to work and go to school yesterday cause the city is ? ? so u had millions of ppl going home in snowy/icy conditions at one time which led to this mess.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    I mean sure, we can't expect Atlanta to be as prepared as Chicago or Toronto, but I mean damn. Atlanta is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the US, they should have some kind of preparation in place just in case, right?

This.